Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature (12552 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / How I Destroyed My Family!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2012
I have been married for the last 10 months and my husband is totally mamas boy, and most of the time my mother in law is very sweet with me and once I am not in front of her she starts complaining about me from her son , When our maid does not come then In front of her son she will pretend and will tell me to give my clothes to wash so that she can get sympathy from my husband and always she keeps on telling my husband not to spend money on me as, as per her if daughther in law is working it is her responsibility to bear her own expenses and she even told openly from my parents that if I want to live in their home then I need to pay 7000/- rs to them Per month , at that moment I felt so bad but for the sake of my marriage my parents got agree as they did not want to destroy my married life but from that day I am totally feeling like a tenant in their home who has to pay money to live in the house and I have no love for my husband too as he did not support me while his mother was keeping this point in front of my parents. And my husband had feeling of responsibility at the initial stage that I am his wife so he should incur my expenses but now my MIL has also changed his mentality that I am working so I will bear my expenses own and will give them money ,pls. advise what to do as I am very fed up of my mother in law interference . And in the influence of my mother in law my husband has beaten me up 3-4 times now i am living with my parents for the last 2.5 months , my mil is very greedy and my husband does whatever she tells him , now he called up to come back to his home but i need to pay him money too as i am working and has to do household work too but he will not help at all as he is the man but when it comes to money then he does not remember his responsibility , my mil wants me to incur household expenses as well as household work too.

It seems that i do not have any worth in their home , husband is neither interested to take financial responsibility nor household work responsibility , pls. advice what should i do as i am living at my parents place , even my mil has called up my relatives while i was living with my husband 2-3 times just to decide who will take financial responsibility of household expenses , she is a greedy women who always think about money and even my husband was supporting her while she called up my relatives, but now my parents have tired of their greediness and they want me to take divorce as they find no future and financial security with this guy ,pls. suggest i am very confused whether i should give divorce or not

Reema
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by morr66: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2012
There is no point making yourself unhappy and living in bondage all in the name of marriage,
I advise U divorce him and move on .
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for the response and Yes i understand but he is emotional too but when it comes to his mother's wish he always supports his mother ,although i am working and making good money too but not sure about my future if i will get good person or not , but why he can not understand this if i am his wife then he has some responsibilities for me too , at the initial stage he had this feeling but now he has lost that feeling ........
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by obowunmi(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2012
I'm beginning to doubt the credibility of these stories. Them force una marry?? If you do not have kids...stay childless and manage the husband. Sit his mother down, talk with her...sit your husband down and beg him....then come back to tell us what happened? Ok, marriage is by fire, by force if all goes wrong, ask your pastor to intervene.

Sheybi you dey go church? Ok...manage shey yu hear.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by obowunmi(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2012
Did someone put a gun thru ur head to marry him? Go ask that person for advice.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2012
You are not married my dear.
Leave your mother in law out of this, its your husband who has destroyed your marriage. What kind of man takes his wife to live with his mum who in turn charges the wife
Rent and living expenses. My dear you are not married, that man is not a husband. My advice, move on, live your life, forget about getting another man that is the least of your problems, learn to love yourself and stop attracting these kind of people. Life doesn't end because you don't have a husband. Learn to love yourself then you will choose someone who deserves your time, body and love

4 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2012
You are askin us for advise on whether to divorce that stoopid man and his entire generation or not? You are an eediot, instead of you to go down on your knees and thank God that you came out of that house Alive and childless, you are here talking about confusion.

Go back you hear, when they kill you there your spirt can log on to nairaland and ask for advise. Ode

Anu ewu
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by obowunmi(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2012
jennykadry: You are askin us for advise on whether to divorce that stoopid man and his entire generation or not? You are an eediot, instead of you to go down on your knees and thank God that you came out of that house Alive and childless, you are here talking about confusion.

Go back you hear, when they kill you there your spirt can log on to nairaland and ask for advise. Ode

Anu ewu

LooooooooooL....

is Seun posting these stories to get traffic? Highly doubt these stories are true. Enough with these by fire, by force marriages. I tire ooo
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by mengi: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2012
i strongly believe the bulk of the solution lies with ur husband.
it's him you need to tackle. why should allow his mom to take charge of the household just like that,
she even had the gut to ask ur parents who should pat for this and that.

My dear, your folks got to intervene in this matter first, you guys need to rent a house no matter how small.
with the MIL away,working on ur hubby wont be that difficult. eh ya, 10 months is too short to start having
this heart ache. pls be prayerful also. SHALOM.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2012
I am completely sure that you know what to do,you just don't wanna do it.

You fear to fight for freedom.
Sorry to say

You are living in bondage in peril of your own decision.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by megareal: 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
I swear you are not married. You are simply being used and when your usefulness expires, you'll be promptly dumped. I wonder the level of self hate that would make any woman go through this nonsense. You better get out while you can and stop living in fools paradise. You don't need advice, you only need to make a personal decision to be happy, loved and respected on your own terms and that can never happen with the man you are currently with. Capisce?
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Ivynwa(f): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Your MIL should win an award for the world's worst interfering MIL. What kind of a woman asks her son to charge his wife for living in their house and tells him not to be spending on his wife? Poster You need some fresh air out of that suffocating environment until a mature head comes around to put your husband and his mother in their rightful place----somebody needs to tell the MIL to back off and get a life so that you can have peace with your husband that is if he is willing to be a man for his woman. What kind of hell fire/frying pan living is that? If things can't be straightened out there and living continues to be hell in their house please better return to your parents. I am sure that your life in your parent's home weren't this traumatic. You sound like you are still young and you shouldn't suffer this at your young age.

reema_25: Thanks for the response and Yes i understand but he is emotional too but when it comes to his mother's wish he always supports his mother ,although i am working and making good money too but not sure about my future if i will get good person or not , but why he can not understand this if i am his wife then he has some responsibilities for me too , at the initial stage he had this feeling but now he has lost that feeling ........

The fear of whether you can get a good person or not shouldn't make you live in hell, your parents need to go have a good chat with that family on how they are treating you. I mean you have to make effort for things to work first and if you can't handle living in that family then come out of that place, exhale and enjoy your young life. I am sure that you will meet more fantastic persons as time goes on. Stop sounding like you've lost all your confidence.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Aug 13, 2012
megareal: You are simply being used and when your usefulness expires, you'll be promptly dumped. I wonder the level of self hate that would make any woman go through this nonsense. You better get out while you can and stop living in fools paradise. [size=13pt]You don't need advice, you only need to make a personal decision to be happy, loved and respected on your own terms[/size]

I concur with the above! People, married, and none, need to understand that this life they have is theirs, and not for someone else to USE.
I am anti-divorce/separation etc. on a good day, but when you are used and mistreated by those supposed to love and want all things good for you, then I see no other choice but to ask that people do what their heart tells them is best at that point. Many of us endured some of that as kids with hopes of being free when we finally become adults. So, I don't see why an adult, in the year 2012 should allow this form of treatment to be his/her lot in life. WALK AWAY if you need to . . . life is too short and too hard for anyone else to IMPOSE more hardship on you because you chose that person to be in your life.

If you can talk to your husband, and convince him change is needed, then good. But please, you only have one life, live it well for yourself and your children(if you have any or plan to).
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by jennykadrry(f): 1:19am On Aug 13, 2012
This is sad. The girl is not Nigerian. I quote "and she even told openly from my parents that if I want to live in their home then I need to pay 7000/- rs to them Per month", they don't spend "7000/- rs" in Nigeria or in Oz where I am. She sounds Indian. Anyway if she was a LovePeddler like me and my gals on NL she wouldn't need to worry about all this. Lesson girls, be like us.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by SisiKill1: 1:22am On Aug 13, 2012
Jenny I think she's Indian. . .She means 7000 Rupees!

I actually. . .honestly don't know what to say in this matter.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by EfemenaXY: 1:42am On Aug 13, 2012
Una try sef.

Me, I still dey try to decode that write-up into standard English... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Jenny I think she's Indian. . .She means 7000 Rupees!

I actually. . .honestly don't know what to say in this matter.

Abeg check the Id you are replying to. Too many Jenny's around. cheesy
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 7:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Yes dear i am indian.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2012
Dear All,

Thanks for your advice as i was totally confused before , i have decided to try to talk to this guy by 15th august , and put the condition clearly if he can take the responsibilities or not if not then i will take divorce as i have been staying with my family (at my father's home) away from him for the last 3 months when he beated me , although i am sure he is not changed but still want to make 1 effort may be within these 3 months he might have got some -20% realization of hurting me.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2012
You are a nice, sweet girl but you need to love and appreciate yourself dear, if you expect others to.
You are willing to stay if he realize by 20% that he's been a bad boy, not even if he's willing to change ?
Goodluck and all the best on that.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by SisiKill1: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
jennykadry:

Abeg check the Id you are replying to. Too many Jenny's around. cheesy

Gah! Just saw the extra R.

What nonsense? Why hasn't HE been banned??
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
jennykadrry: This is sad. The girl is not Nigerian. I quote "and she even told openly from my parents that if I want to live in their home then I need to pay 7000/- rs to them Per month", they don't spend "7000/- rs" in Nigeria or in Oz where I am. She sounds Indian. Anyway if she was a LovePeddler like me and my gals on NL she wouldn't need to worry about all this. Lesson girls, be like us.

Have you lost so much confidence in yourself that you had to clone someone else just to get noticed?

Do you jerk off on being a cyber-cloned-stalker

Does it really pay to be a cretin (abeg Saga boroow me that word cheesy ) undecided
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by andyanders: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
reema_25: I have been married for the last 10 months and my husband is totally mamas boy, and most of the time my mother in law is very sweet with me and once I am not in front of her she starts complaining about me from her son , When our maid does not come then In front of her son she will pretend and will tell me to give my clothes to wash so that she can get sympathy from my husband and always she keeps on telling my husband not to spend money on me as, as per her if daughther in law is working it is her responsibility to bear her own expenses and she even told openly from my parents that if I want to live in their home then I need to pay 7000/- rs to them Per month , at that moment I felt so bad but for the sake of my marriage my parents got agree as they did not want to destroy my married life but from that day I am totally feeling like a tenant in their home who has to pay money to live in the house and I have no love for my husband too as he did not support me while his mother was keeping this point in front of my parents. And my husband had feeling of responsibility at the initial stage that I am his wife so he should incur my expenses but now my MIL has also changed his mentality that I am working so I will bear my expenses own and will give them money ,pls. advise what to do as I am very fed up of my mother in law interference . And in the influence of my mother in law my husband has beaten me up 3-4 times now i am living with my parents for the last 2.5 months , my mil is very greedy and my husband does whatever she tells him , now he called up to come back to his home but i need to pay him money too as i am working and has to do household work too but he will not help at all as he is the man but when it comes to money then he does not remember his responsibility , my mil wants me to incur household expenses as well as household work too.

It seems that i do not have any worth in their home , husband is neither interested to take financial responsibility nor household work responsibility , pls. advice what should i do as i am living at my parents place , even my mil has called up my relatives while i was living with my husband 2-3 times just to decide who will take financial responsibility of household expenses , she is a greedy women who always think about money and even my husband was supporting her while she called up my relatives, but now my parents have tired of their greediness and they want me to take divorce as they find no future and financial security with this guy ,pls. suggest i am very confused whether i should give divorce or not

Reema

Is this marriage or fiction story? I know this is not Nigeria, maybe your culture and that culture is sick Maybe you are from India where woman marry men, if not, I think you are living in bondage and not marriage. I cannot proceed on this unless you tell us the planet you are coming from as I cannot understand the culture that practice that kind of marriage.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 6:33am On Aug 14, 2012
Although our culture also does not includes such kind of conditions by mother in law , i have seen this kind of women first time in my life who does not bother about her son's married life in front of money
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Genius100: 1:58am On Aug 16, 2012
Your MIL is a bad woman, and your husband is a sissy, if what you have described is right; but, you also come across as selfish. How can you be working and not want to contribute to the household income? So you want to keep all your money and have your husband slave away right? I understand your husband paying most of the bills, but you sound like you don't want to contribute at all.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 5:39am On Aug 16, 2012
Dear Genius,

on the request of my MIL when she contacted my father and mother i started to give 6500/-Rs. to my MIL out of Rs.23000/- salary in the m/o Feb, but after some time my in mother in law suggested to open joint account with my husband in which both my husband and my signature were compulsory to withdraw money and i can admit that at the initial stage i denied to give any contribution to the family as i told my husband that my money will be used to purchase a flat for our investment purpose and we both will be the joint owner but from the starting my in laws do not have trust on me they even could not wait for some time they think if i am working then i should contribute on monthly basis for the money only my MIL called up my parents 2 times to have a chat about monthly contribution and openly told if i am not going to give his son any contribution on monthly basis then they do not need me and my husband is also agree with his mother , i am living with my parents right now for the last 3 months, i thought my in laws mentality might have changed in 3 months but still my father in law and mother in law and husband say the same thing if i will not contribute on monthly bases then they do not need me.And my husband is very emotional being an emotional he is close to his mother too, in front of his mother's wish he is not ready to support his wife(me)..My parents want me to divorce this guy due to his mamas boy nature.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Ivynwa(f): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2012
Too much parents-in-law intrusion in this your marriage, what are they doing deciding and commanding how much you should give your husband? What kind of cuddly-baby man is that in this age and time, the decision of what to put together financially, your family budget, spending, saving and planning are solely for you and your husband. If you are working, you definitely can't have the heart not to pull resources together with your husband on certain things even if you want to have your own personal financial plans by the side that is apart from your plans with your husband.

It is the responsibility of a man to care for his wife but wives also help their husbands. There are even times he will not have a penny and at such times if you have----you should save the day and make sure that your family eat and are happy. No condition is permanent, it isn't written that a man will always have money at hands so put heads together with your husband. Somebody seriously needs to tell his parents to back off and mind their business so that both of you can get a breath of fresh air therein.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2012
thanks for your advice ivanya, i am in the middle i have feeling for this guy who is a timid man in front of his parents , you know i could not sleep whole last night...even in my country india also it is husband's responsibility to take care of his wife but god is taking my exam , i have not seen this king of mil in this world , i am totally disappointed with this condition.MIL thinks it is her right to interfere in her sons married life as she is the mother of the boy .....GOD PLS. GIVE SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS ME EITHER TO MY MIL OR TO MY HUSBAND.......All terms and conditions are decided by my MIL
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by TCD: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2012
In india, women actually pay dowry to the grooms family to get married to a man. Its a different culture over there, so using Nigerian or US culture as a yardstick doesn't make much sense.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2012
yes but we have given everything and if a girl is educated and her family background is good so no one has to follow this dowry system. And it is totally illegal in india to take dowry too if a person is found taking dowry then in laws can be arrested by police and there is imprisonment of upto 7 years in Jail. In my case and in my society dowry is not involved still my in laws have cheap mentality before marriage i did not know than these people are such greedy
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by Genius100: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
My advise for you is to speak to your husband and let him know that you are willing to contribute to the upkeep of the house but only on the condition that you guys get to live your own life and make your decisions independent of his parents.
Re: Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature by reema25: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
Thanks dear

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Is Acting Funny / Widow Loses Her Three Children After Fire Gutted Their House In Lagos / Must Read! Omoni Dishes Out 6 Important Tips For Proper Child Nutrition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.