Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,903 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Menace Of Churches With Loud Speakers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Menace Of Churches With Loud Speakers (547 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Churches With Funny Names. / Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Menace Of Churches With Loud Speakers by theplanmaker: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2012
I am actually a 300level medical student in Edo state, i have lived is a hostel outside the school since my first year, and it has always been a quiet and peaceful neighborhood filled with medical students hostels.
All changed when a church moved into the street, just about 3 electric poles behind my hostel, since then it has been trouble. The church normally holds all night service on thursdays and fridays and this is a major problem because they have giant loud speakers outside the church building, and they shout on top of their voices all through the night. There has been serious complaint from occupants of hostels around and from my hostel too , so as the governor of my hostel, i went to see the pastor of the church to tender our complain and i got the embarrassment of my life. The arrogant pastor said that his prayer was disturbing us because we are all witches and wizards possessed by evil spirits, and that we should start joining his night prayers to be saved. All attempts to explain that we usually read at night fell on deaf ears.
My hostel occupants and those around have decided that we would write a petition to the police, and employ the services of a lawyer to get a court to order him to remove the speakers. Do you think this will work? Or what else can we do? Pls i need suggestions
Re: The Menace Of Churches With Loud Speakers by theplanmaker: 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pls i nid suggestions can nd wud appreciate front page
Re: The Menace Of Churches With Loud Speakers by Super1759: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
That's d best thing. Involve police and security as well. Its quite disturbing when churches that shoud face speakers inside the church will tuirn it outside. That wrong

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of Prayers In Our Church / Is God Partial? / Pope Launches Twitter Account To Spread Gospel Message In Different Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.