Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (32601 Views)

Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath / 10 Popular Churches In Nigeria And Their Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by berepiki(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Some people despise some good churches(winners, Christ embassy etc) today because of the way the women dress despite the sound doctrine preached....

Some people don't care what's happening inside the church, all they see is the indecent dressing of a fraction of the women...I believe in liberty and freedom to dress but women should not abuse it.

In Deeper Life church it seems you must be born again in dressing first before u even go for altar call..I believe Salvation should start from the content (spirit and soul) to the container (the body)... ROM. 12:2...Matt 23:25-26. Jesus recommends that you clean within the cup first...then you clean the outside. So because of this some churches have given women the freedom to dress but some women are abusing it and spoiling the name of the church. I'm not talking about trousers and covering of hair because a lot of churches differ on that with various biblical backup. And this has generated a lot of arguments.

My own take on trousers is that, women have their own trouser fashioned according to their shape. So it's not a man's attire because a man can't wear a female trouser... There are some clothes that are unisex. I guess culture determines what's male or female attire. In the bible some prophets wore skirts like men in Scotland. Nigerians wear trouser today because we've adopted the western culture. Today nobody wears beans bag or animal skin or leaves... civilization has taken over but we should reject the bad ones and take the good ones... So my opinion: woman should wear decent trouser with a top that goes down and covers their Barcelona very well... U can wear leggings but wear a long top that gets to the knee.

So the Main issue is INDECENT DRESSING.. Opening of CLEAVAGE, THIGHS and very skimpy and transparent dresses. Women should not allow themselves to be used as tools in the hand of the devil. Fashion should be what you are wearing and not the places you are exposing... Clothes are meant to cover our unclothedness and not to expose some delicate parts of our bodies...

IF YOU FEEL FREEDOM IN DEEPER LIFE or any other church that has dressing laws at the gate of the church IT'S OKAY BUT IF YOU FEEL CAGED THEN YOU ARE STILL DIRTY INSIDE... YOU WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE TRUELY HOLY WEN YOU ARE ALONE AND FREE FROM THE EYES OF PEOPLE THAT KNOW YOU... Salvation is actually freedom to do the RIGHT thing and not enslavement.

Imagine If Winners or Christ embassy has only men as members, what will people use to judge them in terms of appearance because there's no difference between men in deeper life and men winners in terms of dressing. The men are always well covered. With a suit or coat, a man is well dressed for church or work.... Women should cover up not because they are forced to but because they are willing and want to be decent because of the understanding of the Word of God that they have.

Exposing your body makes you look like a harlot, you loose your dignity in the eyes of real men and you might send a lot of men to HELL because of the LUST-signals you're sending...

I am a friend of women but I must tell them the bitter truth.

109 Likes 15 Shares

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by ginawest(f): 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
OP may God bless u for dis amazing write-up

30 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Vicotex(m): 7:41am On Mar 01, 2015
They are still thesame sets of people claiming virgin every time. When she gets married and her husband confirms she's not a virgin, she will now remind him of how an accident she had 15years ago took her Virginity.

24 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Vicotex(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
fairygeh:
I couldn't agree with you more,tho I no be saint o,but I pick what I wear to church reasonably, I see some of my church members,teenagers o and I wonder if they think they are going to the church or club.
you see what we are talking about?
They will never agree

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by martyns303(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
Different people go to church for different purpose, don't assume everyone is in church for the purpose of worship.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by BrianKE(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
I will be back to comment.
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by gameboy727(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
Truth be told some ladies are not helping matters. They dress like they are gonna branch the club after church service and you expect we men not fall. It takes the grace of God to not look twice at the 'goods' displayed by our female folks.

11 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by thinkdip(m): 7:43am On Mar 01, 2015
They are the church devil nao, there's a saying that where the devil cannot reach he sends woman.. They are all Agent of the devil....ladies kai
Click like if am saying the fact

8 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by fairygeh(f): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2015
I couldn't agree with you more,tho I no be saint o,but I pick what I wear to church reasonably, I see some of my church members,teenagers o and I wonder if they think they are going to the church or club.

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by buygala(m): 7:45am On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
They are still thesame sets of people claiming virgin every time. When she gets married and her husband confirms she's not a virgin, she will now remind him of how an accident she had 15years ago took her Virginity.

Please how does this your comment relate to the topic? How 'virgin' and 'dressing' take resemble abeg?

This kain early Sunday morning, You are already venting your pent-up frustration cry

Please keep it up.... na small remain u go commit suicide undecided

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by kevoh(m): 7:46am On Mar 01, 2015
Yawns! #Never Again

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Vicotex(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2015
buygala:

Please ho
them ladies
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by sammieguze(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2015
South Africa?.
gameboy727:
sa
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by rill: 7:48am On Mar 01, 2015
ok

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by tbagjames(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2015
The way u dress is how you will be addressed both on earth and in heaven

4 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by exceller7(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
d op is vry right

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by scanp(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
if de like make de wear pant, de can nva pull me down bcus i knw christ lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by biz2get(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
Ambition is Priceless.... Let em be?!
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Lordwheez(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
Being ANONYMOUS on the names of the churches would have made your write up a better one.....:/....cos ion even know what to comment

3 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 01, 2015
undecided

#team foreign girls cool

4 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Finety: 7:52am On Mar 01, 2015
Haha many many women and men go to church to attract and bag a boy/girlfriend. Polishing the external looks that don't matter to God lol
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by philo3(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2015
some girls shaa...
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by IamOpemipo(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2015
No b only church o..dey are mtn..everywia u go.. undecided

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by jibbish(m): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
RED ALERT: For who ever cares to know. Gej is prepering for full scale war against Nigeria state if he looses Re-election. Even if he wins, its just to buy enof time to prepare fully for war. His major plan is suceession and carve out some region from Nigeria. Now the concern is this. Unsuspecting nigerians will be caught unawere, and this may eventualy result to genocide. Don't take this for a child's play. If u need source of this info. Call 08132270185
CRAZY is ur middle name whereas you are from the DERANGED family.
oloshi United

6 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by abe27633: 7:57am On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:
Yawns! #Never Again
haha
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Precious91(m): 7:57am On Mar 01, 2015
It is well
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by onlymase(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2015
true?
Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by fromnigeria(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Op you are on point.
They(of winners and embassy) have refused the truth because the authority don't care if the doctrine is adhered by or not, in my own view i think they care more about the population.
Nevertheless, thanks Op for the bitter truth knowing full well most(ladies) won't like you for this.

Happy March cum Sunday Nairalanders!!!
Pls go to church

2 Likes

Re: WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2015
True talk... My church/upbringing has helped groom my dressing... Inasmuch as every attire has its special occasion, ladies no longer fear God embarassed embarassed..

It still baffles me that a lady will wear a 'club attire' into God's house without shame or fear, and the 1st question that hits me is: Is she normal undecided undecided?

"Dress the way you want to be addressed"..

Happy Sunday, pals..

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday / Do This And Your Prayers Will Be Answered. / Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.