Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay (18841 Views)

Bolt Anchors Jamaican Team To GOLD As USA Is Disqualified In Men’s 4x100m Relay! / Nigeria’s Female 4 X 400m Relay Team Set New Record In Beijing This Morning / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Brisingr(m): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
according to one of the athletes interviewed today the money the government released did not get to them so preparation was poor hence no medal
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by lucrecia: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kudos for USA.. Nja pple una don c am?
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Piro4rl(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
MAKE GOVMENT INVEST MORE SO DAT UNA NO GO DEY CARI LAST
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by ganye1: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ohislee: Being disqualified is definitly not something new, it happens all time. Even almight usain bolt was dequalified for false start during world athletics championship. Several athletes too has been disqualified, during this olympic. So!!!

Naija is simply unlucky period. cryB
You make your luck. Why shall goodluck be so scarce with Nigeria when you have Goodluck as president?
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by ujchief(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
jude33084: I hear heard ghana got 2 golds, is it true tongue
gold ko, aluminium ni! Ghana hasnt won any gold medal, at least the last time i checked. The only africans wit gold so far is SA, kenya and Ethiopia.
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
Litmus: Some of the Nigerian Athletes interviewed stated that they were just happy to be at the Olympics. One of them was overjoyed at being on the same track as Christine Ohuruogu and other great athletes. angry angry + angry angry = angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Well, i have seen the face of humbleness and it sucks, give me the old Nigerian arrogant Attitude any day!

actually angry angry+ angry angry= angry angry angry angry

grin
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
ujchief:
gold ko, aluminium ni! Ghana hasnt won any gold medal, at least the last time i checked. The only africans wit gold so far is SA, kenya and Ethiopia.
A Gabonese could win a gold tommorow, he his in the final of the men's Taekwando
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2012
lucrecia: Kudos for USA.. Nja pple una don c am?

the USA team FINALLY beat Jamaica and they are soo excited.
Using words such as "defeated" and "obliterated"

na wa o! grin Bronze isn't bad.
Jamos still no carry last! cool

See what my boys did? GOLD and new world record!! cheesy

[size=3pt](yohan should NOT make that face... undecided)
[/size]
2016 the saga continues... wink

#876TillDiDefammy!
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by LCASHMAN(m): 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
DEM WAN MAKE HISTORY AS D ONLY AFRICAN COUNTRY DAT DIDNT WIN A MEDAL IN D OLYMPICS.THEM DEY ADVERTISE D COUNTRY...DIRTY.
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
What difference does their disqualification mean when they are still going to occupy the last position on the table ?
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by mstutu: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
i prefer disqualification to second to last.i dont know but disqualification sounds more respectful n dignified .in fact any time we are set for last or second to last, our ahtletes should nugde one other athlete out of the track so we can get gisqualified.

1 Like

Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Afam4eva(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
I think the Nigerian Olympic Commitee(NOC) should tender an apology to the Olympic Commitee for wasting their time. Infact Nigeria should be sanctioned for living below expeectation.

1 Like

Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Litmus: 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

actually angry angry+ angry angry= angry angry angry angry

grin

I'm seeing red, green is confusing
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Chanchit: 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tnk God we r disqualfied, @least another country will have the oportunity to carry the last position...
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by hbrednic: 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
mstutu: i prefer disqualification to second to last.i dont know but disqualification sounds more respectful n dignified .in fact any time we are set for last or second to last, our ahtletes should nugde one other athlete out of the track so we can get gisqualified.

if u are dsqlfd,u wont get olympic diploma thats the koko,
so its better to carry last than to be dsqlfd
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2012
hbrednic:

if u are dsqlfd,u wont get olympic diploma thats the koko,
so its better to carry last than to be dsqlfd

We need MEDALS not diploma or Phd . angry
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by ujchief(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
afam4eva: I think the Nigerian Olympic Commitee(NOC) should tender an apology to the Olympic Commitee for wasting their time. Infact Nigeria should be sanctioned for living below expeectation.
below whos expectations? Urs i guess. Wouldnt u be suprised if a Nigerian beats the likes of Bolt and Phelbs? The results are a reflection of the Nigerian society, 'ABUNDANCE OF HUMAN AND NATURAL RESOURCES, YET LACK OF ANY POSITIVE RESULT'
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Wizeboy(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
omosexy1:

Who told you the Nigerian athletes didn't prepare? These guys are athletes, they just don't go to sleep after the Olympics. They go back to their clubs, to train and compete in other competitions. Their best wasn't just good enough to compete against the world. Nigerian coaches need to look for talent in secondary schools and primary schools where they can be trained. There is need to introduce a scholarship scheme for athletes and also all schools should have a well equipped sport facilities. Well it is a pity that private schools has taken over the important role of public schools in our society and these private schools, even with the huge tuition fees, impact little knowledge to kids. So lets prepare our minds for poor outing in Brazil. The same thing applies to football.
While the likes of USA, Great Britian, China, Canada and so on give their athletes some grant to take care of themselves, we (Nigeria) are always putting the welfare of our athletes in the hand of their clubs and you expect them to perform wonders.

Let ask ourselves while Nigerians representing other countries in any sporting activities always excel. It is simply because of the welfare and adequate facilities put on ground for them to train...

Even if we discover new talents from the grassroot, once the system still remain the same, they can never do any wonders "you dont give what you dont have".
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by ujchief(m): 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
ogbeche77:
A Gabonese could win a gold tommorow, he his in the final of the men's Taekwando
i thut chukwumereije is gunning for gold in taekwando? Or u're mistakin him for a Gabonese?
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by ikekings(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
For dia pocket....
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Wizeboy(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
ujchief:
i thut chukwumereije is gunning for gold in taekwando? Or u're mistakin him for a Gabonese?
Chukwumereije has been locked out this afternoon. The guy in the final is a Gabonese.
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
ujchief:
Haaa !!!! Bros, you are living in dream land.. Chukwumerije was beaten black & blue earlier today by his Cuban opponent ...
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
I still av fate that Nigeria ll be come back with a medal b4 the game ends tommorow, even if it's a stolen one...loll
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by NerdyPoet(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2012
All these naija [s][/s]women witches neva tire? sad
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by buildelicool(m): 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tax payer's money of up to 2.5bn just went down drain with nothing to show for it. Smh shocked
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Gaboma: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
ogbeche77:

My countryman is silver medal. sad for him. Anthony Obame. cry
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by MOBBDEEP: 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
Found the ' black & blue ' hilarious. They should have beaten him 'green, white, green'
Imagine!, after 'thrashing' the rookies, their supposed 'caretaker' was beaten & battered in all colours.
ogbeche77:
Haaa !!!! Bros, you are living in dream land.. Chukwumerije was beaten black & blue earlier today by his Cuban opponent ...
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by bashydemy(m): 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
Well there is one Nigeria still competing
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Simplepton: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
lurkee: It is a disgrace that a country with the resources and the population of Nigeria cannot even get a single medal. We have athletes so why are we so bad? Even the Kenyans and the Ethiopians have more medals that us. Shame. angry

I know some people might say why don't I go out and get a medal but I am not an athlete. I think the athletes and the coaches should do their job. Sigh.

Good observation.
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Afam4eva(m): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2012
ujchief:
below whos expectations? Urs i guess. Wouldnt u be suprised if a Nigerian beats the likes of Bolt and Phelbs? The results are a reflection of the Nigerian society, 'ABUNDANCE OF HUMAN AND NATURAL RESOURCES, YET LACK OF ANY POSITIVE RESULT'
I wasn't expecting any Nigerian to beat Bolt but what happend to their consolation medal?
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2012
Litmus: Some of the Nigerian Athletes interviewed stated that they were just happy to be at the Olympics. One of them was overjoyed at being on the same track as Christine Ohuruogu and other great athletes. angry angry + angry angry = angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Well, i have seen the face of humbleness and it sucks, give me the old Nigerian arrogant Attitude any day!

You mean "Humility".
Re: London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay by otokx(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2012
The olympics is a sad reality of the deceit called Nigeria, even Togo won medals. Our mentality is so poor & the environment so bad for the majority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Carlo Ancelotti Gets Red Card, Sent Off By Referee In Match(Photos) / 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist / Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal As Man Utd Defeats Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.