Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? (7552 Views)

Learning Resource Center(lrc) From Programmers/developers/coders / Beginning Coders Get Dirty / Thoughest Question To Answer. Even Top Coders May Fail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by wiegraf: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
fellis:

wiegraf would you be kind enough to explain this statement?

There's a long list of things that muslims subscribe to that I frankly find inexcusable. I'd rather fry in hell if it existed than be a muslim. The rest of the groups on that list, no, not so much.

Also, I can be bigoted as well.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by wiegraf: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
okeyxyz: It is astounding how nairalanders who are apparently well educated\literate yet they fail to grasp a simple innocent question.

In what part of the OP's question did he discriminate against non-christians? Has he said he's looking to employ only christian programmers? Has he announced a contract or scholarship that is open only to christians? And even if he did, as long as such a venture is being sponsored soley by christian organization and for the service of christians, then he is perfectly entitled to. But he has done non of these, so where the heck!! does the issue discrimination arise

@Freiburger blindly misses the point and the rest of y'all follow him like sheep being led to the slaughter. smh at your mental laziness..

Like I said earlier on, if she wasn't being a bigot she would not have included muslims in that list. Or do you get the impression that there are more muslim programmers than xtian? If you do, name 5 alpha programmers that are muslim. She just grouped all the people she is prejudiced against and tried to make...something, I'm not sure what...out of it. Make it sound as if programming is somehow evil maybe? While using a computer which is largely based on the seminal work of a gay atheist(iirc, can't really remember). Heck, this site is owned by an atheist....
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by tpia1: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
pastormustwacc: I am a christian and also a programmer/web application / website developer by the side, popularly known as *dhtml on the programming/webmasters board.

Didnt know you were dhtml, think i've seen you around a few times, not really familiar with the moniker per se.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by OsunOriginal: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: I mean people who genuinely love the lord.

I find 99% of people in these fields tend to be either gaay, muslims, atheists, satanists or any other anti-christian persuasion, and i wondered if there's anybody at all who's a serious christian (not anti -christian christian o) yet works in this career.

Yes, you will hardly see christians in this profession because it has nothing to do with miracle. What you do is what you get - no shortcut. You can't think everything in life is miracle and at the sametime be a programmer - it doesnt work that way. Those people you listed about are the ones now controlling IT and in indirectly the world. Christianity kills brain and makes people lazy...
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Freiburger(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Yes, you will hardly see christians in this profession because it has nothing to do with miracle. What you do is what you get - no shortcut. You can't think everything in life is miracle and at the sametime be a programmer - it doesnt work that way. Those people you listed about are the ones now controlling IT and in indirectly the world. Christianity kills brain and makes people lazy...
10likes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by tpia1: 3:20am On Nov 29, 2012
OsunOriginal:

1. I think your religion is supposed to be separate from your job performance. Are things different in coding- meaning do your personal opinions dictate your productivity on the job.

2. As per miracles, well, obviously most of you do seem to be operating at a somewhat significantly below par level, but i think the facts speak for themselves.

And yes, i do agree with you a miracle is needed in this field.

going by what obtains here on nl.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1:

1. I think your religion is supposed to be separate from your job performance. Are things different in coding- meaning do your personal opinions dictate your productivity on the job.

2. As per miracles, well, obviously most of you do seem to be operating at a somewhat significantly below par level, but i think the facts speak for themselves.

And yes, i do agree with you a miracle is needed in this field.

going by what obtains here on nl.
@Okey, I hope you have enough evidence now...

I have better tilapias to fry.. cheesy see y'all later..
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by JeSoul(f): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
Please people, stay on topic or open a seperate thread to discuss something else. And no absolutely no more insults or you will be banned. Thanks.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: I mean people who genuinely love the lord.

I find 99% of people in these fields tend to be either gaay, muslims, atheists, satanists or any other anti-christian persuasion, and i wondered if there's anybody at all who's a serious christian (not anti -christian christian o) yet works in this career.

An innocent OP should go like this:

Are there any Christian programmers or coders? I have found that most programmers I know of are irreligious. I would like to know if this trend comes with the career.

Simple.

But the OP decides to lump gays and non-Xtians in the same group (like being gay's a religious belief) was just asking for heat, and she got it. Then she runs off to complain. It's sad really.

Anyways:
I know a lot of programmers who are Christians.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by wiegraf: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
Creators of perl and ruby are pretty hardcore xtians, well, one is mormon. Japanese mormon. Perl is one of the 3 big P's on the web (others being PHP, Python) but its time to shine seems to have passed. Ruby is still rather relevant because of Ruby on Rails, still fairly popular, it powered the original version of twitter for instance. Both these guys are bestowed the grand title of 'benevolent dictator for life'. Ok, it's nothing too major, it's just speak to indicate that they have final say on what the language can and cannot do, what features will be added and what's left out, even though they are both open source projects. I doubt say Linus Torvalds has that sort of power over the Linux kernel, but of course the nature of the projects are very different.

There is also this piece of work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Lamo

Widely hailed as one of the best hackers ever, also widely reviled as the guy who 'sold out' Bradley Manning, the wikileaks informant. Staunch, crazy, aspie, xtian.

Anyways, there is a pattern with natural coders, they think for themselves. Following the crowd is definitely not as important as it is to others. Have you ever heard of a japanese mormon? A side effect being they can be fairly quirky, see the @pastorwaccing or the @advocate for fairly unusual ideas.

For those familiar with MBTI, most of these programmers with a bent towards religion are probably INxP, most programmers in general are NT. Most of d really badazz, the true mastah race, are INTP (Linus Torvalds being the poster boy), but I'll concede we have healthy competition from INTJs (like zuckenberg) and ENTPs (like maybe steve woz, but most ppl have him as INTP actually, I'm not too sure). Mathematicians too tend to be of these sorts too

From the top of my head don't know any muslim alpha programmers bigo...op. Anyways, most are (sometimes unusually curious) critical thinkers who generally must try things for themselves. Thus they sometimes may harbor ideas others find unusual

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
am on the fence btwn atheism and Christianity
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2012
I can't see the relevance of this question. Unless you are about to invoke some of the church's mantra ("Give the church and the Lord pays ten fold") and use it to bind programmers to do some job for free...
For me, Religion is inhibiting. I can't be working on developing an AI(artificial intelligence) -which if I do right, might undermine the theory of creation- and then be praying for help from that same God am planning to undermine. That's stupid.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Javanian: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Religion is Bullshit!
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by PrinceNN(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
I'm a Christian...
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by ektbear: 4:28am On Dec 04, 2012
I view myself as a Christian. I don't really view myself as a "coder" though.
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by talk2hb1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
Programming is a Religion with its own follower!!!
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by mekaboy(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2012

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, GOD IS A PROGRAMMER, PROGRAMMING IS ALL ABOUT WORDS, GOD CREATED THIS WORLD WITH WORDS. HE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING NEW, HE FINISHED THE CODING, TESTED IT FOR ERRORS, AND WE ARE LIVING IN A WORLD CONTROLED BY GODS CODE.

READ YOUR BIBLE AND SEE THE PATERN .

<?PHP

// COMMAND OF OBIEDIENCE

IF(YE BE WILLING && OBIDIENT){THEN YEE SHALL EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND}

ELSE {YEE SHALL NOT EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND};

// THE LOOP OF SOWING AND REAPING

WHILE(THE EARTH REMAINS){SEED TIME AND HAVEST TIME SHALL NOT SIEZE }

?>

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by wiegraf: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Apparently all tasks a human can do can be done by a turing complete machine (or something like that). People should listen to us since we speak the language of creation....

LOGIC

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Dolapo93(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hands up in here....i even turned python programming 2 a christian...lol
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Nmeri17: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Javanian: Religion is Bullshit!
does that mean u're atheist :O
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by Javanian: 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nah...i beleive in the 'existence' of a 'God'...Atleast for now grin...

I dont just give a f.uck about religion...
Re: Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? by realowded(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
mekaboy:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, GOD IS A PROGRAMMER, PROGRAMMING IS ALL ABOUT WORDS, GOD CREATED THIS WORLD WITH WORDS. HE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING NEW, HE FINISHED THE CODING, TESTED IT FOR ERRORS, AND WE ARE LIVING IN A WORLD CONTROLED BY GODS CODE.

READ YOUR BIBLE AND SEE THE PATERN .

<?PHP

// COMMAND OF OBIEDIENCE

IF(YE BE WILLING && OBIDIENT){THEN YEE SHALL EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND}

ELSE {YEE SHALL NOT EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND};

// THE LOOP OF SOWING AND REAPING

WHILE(THE EARTH REMAINS){SEED TIME AND HAVEST TIME SHALL NOT SIEZE }

?>

I would love to meet you @ mkaboy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download All Phone Number Generator, Imei Tweaking And Bb Imei Gen. For Pc / No Java Required: Write Android Apps In C# / The Story Behind Openvr, The Voters Registration Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.