Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Edris,50cent - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Edris,50cent (1606 Views)

Throwback Tuesday Ft. P-square, D’banj, R2bees, Edris And Eldee / Edris Abdulkarim / Edris Abdulkarim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edris,50cent by shaun88suk(m): 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
I LOVE EDRIS ABDULKAREEM!!!!!!!!!!he did me proud ,he apologized 2 50CENT.The rap delievery was tight,pls did anyone watch it?
Re: Edris,50cent by akeemagali(m): 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2007
THANKS TO GOD, I JUST SAW THIS ON TV NOW. EEDRIS DELIVERY WAS THE BEST RAP I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM HIM, ALTHOUGH I ALWAYS CALL HIM THE PIONEER OF RAP MUSIC IN NIGERIA, THE SMALL GUYS; MODE9, RUGGEDBOY, ETC SHOULD RESPECT HIM LIKE KING WASIU AYINDE, PASUMA, OBESERE AND OTHER FUJI STARS RESPECT ALHAJI AGBA.
EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM DID WELL WITH 5O CENT ON STAGE!!! WHO ELSE CAN PERFORM LIKE THAT AMONGST THIS BOYS
(((((((((((((((akeemagali@yahoo.com)))))))))))))
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: Edris,50cent by kaylala(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2007
EEDRIS ABDUL-KAREEM APOLOGIZES TO 50 CENT

Rapper, Eedris Abdul-Kareem shocked a live audience on Thursday, December, 20th at the Media Launch of the revived KORA Awards when he apologised to international rapper, 50 Cent for his infractions and the embarrassment he caused Nigeria when the latter came for the Star Mega Jam Concert in December, 2005.

In what looked like the return of a prodigal son, revitalized Eedris expressed remorse at the International Conference Centre, Abuja and venue of the launch during his performance. He stepped on stage as 50, who had just been handed a flower by a little girl was about leaving the stage. He openly apologised to 50 for his behaviour inside the plane that was to convey him and other artistes to the Abuja edition of Star Mega Jam '05.

Apparently shocked by the move, 50 Cent looked on, not understanding Eedris's gesture but nodded to veil his disbelief. "Forgive me…If not because of slave trade, we are brothers. I love you 50", Eedris said to him.

Rewinding back a bit, Eedris shocked everyone in 2005 when he stood up and challenged organisers of the Star Mega Jam Concert for reserving front row seats for 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew in the plane that was to fly them to Abuja. A day before the brouhaha, Eedris had taken swipes at 50 Cent during his performance for throwing dollar notes at Lagos fans whom he said were not hungry and did not need 50 Cent's money.

A fisticuff reportedly ensued between Eedris's and 50 Cent's bodyguards which caused the G-Unit gang to call off their performance in Nigeria's capital, Abuja for fear of being embarrassed or hurt. They requested to be immediately ferried back to the US.

The issue created divisions in the industry with a side of the divide knocking Eedris for his unruly action while the other praised him for his boldness at drawing attention to the maltreatment Nigerian artistes often faced in the hands of show organisers whenever their international counterparts are in the country.

Eedris would however suffer for his action as he was blacklisted by show promoters and organisers who saw his over-bloated ego as unbecoming. His action apparently became the slippery ground that slammed the rapper to the floor of his career. He still claims to be ahead of his game, after a long time of being away from the scene. He is been making some noise about his upcoming album titled "the king is back".

While fans and critics are yet to see and pick a copy of the album at music stores, the rapper is busy making up with his erstwhile enemies. It may interest you to know that his upcoming album has a track featuring Ruggedman.

Eedris success back then, overshadowed him and consequently, his career nose-dived and has since found it arduous to revamp.

It is very clear that his action towards 50 at this year's KORA media launch was an avenue to solicit for pity and of cause media attention like he's having it right now but as the saying goes "nothing goes for nothing" – his upcoming album really has to strike a remarkable feat to determine his fate in this day Naija music scene.

[b][b]Culled from myspace.com Blogs[/b][/b]
Re: Edris,50cent by 9ja4eva: 3:22am On Dec 26, 2007
Maturity dts gd,
Re: Edris,50cent by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2007
Nice one eedris, maturity as 9ja4eva said is what you showed.
Re: Edris,50cent by fataiiyo(m): 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2007
What a good news to heard that Edris Apologise, love that

one love to Edris fan in da house

(1) (Reply)

Drake - Over (first Single Off Thank Me Later) / Ray G - Connect [check Out This Hot Blazing Single From The Connect Master-ray G / REMOVE NOW X X X - ORDER BY LAWMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.