Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

EOD Gear Box - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / EOD Gear Box (2758 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / Honda Accord Gear Box Problems / Passat V6 Auto Gear Box Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EOD Gear Box by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2012
Hi guys, my '03 EOD has gear issued and I was advised to change it. Pls wht is d cost? I really need an answer. Thanks
Re: EOD Gear Box by steffans(m): 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
Bobbysworld28: Hi guys, my '03 EOD has gear issued and I was advised to change it. Pls wht is d cost? I really need an answer. Thanks

I jst changed my Baby Boys Gear Box..and its Working Perfectly...Go ahead and Change urs..and get it 4rm a gud dealer..got mine at 60k..EODs gear box shuld be btwn 80k-120k
Re: EOD Gear Box by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2012
Pls send me d dealers number so I can contact him. I really appreciate
Re: EOD Gear Box by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ive been dealing with something similar. In the moring or after several hours of not driving, the automatic gear button is soft to press and gear is easy to move - after a while it becomes really hard to move except i use both hards to press the button down before being able to move the gear. I also need help!!!!!!
Re: EOD Gear Box by emekan: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hello. Actually your gear lever has nothing to do with the condition of your gear box. The problem with your gear lever is most likely the brake switch. Its situated near the brake pedal in your car. When its faulty, it becomes extremely hard to disengage the gear lever from park. Anyway to test whether or not its the brake switch that is giving issues, depress the brake pedal when next you have extreme difficulty disengaging the gear lever and have someone stand behind your vehicle to observe wether or not your stop lamps(brake lights) light up. If they do not light up while the brake pedal is being depressed then your brake switch is the culprit. It shouldn't cost more than 2,000 to fix. Endeavour to give me a feedback. Hope this was helpful. Cheers.
Re: EOD Gear Box by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
emekan: Hello. Actually your gear lever has nothing to do with the condition of your gear box. The problem with your gear lever is most likely the brake switch. Its situated near the brake pedal in your car. When its faulty, it becomes extremely hard to disengage the gear lever from park. Anyway to test whether or not its the brake switch that is giving issues, depress the brake pedal when next you have extreme difficulty disengaging the gear lever and have someone stand behind your vehicle to observe wether or not your stop lamps(brake lights) light up. If they do not light up while the brake pedal is being depressed then your brake switch is the culprit. It shouldn't cost more than 2,000 to fix. Endeavour to give me a feedback. Hope this was helpful. Cheers.

Thank you so much for the response, I'd work with your idea tomorrow and give you a feed back, thank you.
Re: EOD Gear Box by iykecollins1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
4plug or V6
Re: EOD Gear Box by diportivo: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
iykecollins1:
4plug or V6

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cars Logo And Thier History / Personalized/ Custom Plate Numbers / Please Help With This Issues On My Lexus 330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.