Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Benz C240 Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C240 Issues (4950 Views)

Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 / Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz C240 Issues by prometheus(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2012
Pls experts in the house, I need advice on this problem. I went on a long journey with my C240, on my way back yesterday evening, the car ceased in the middle of the road and displayed ABS BRAKE. I switched off and restarted, the car started moving but I noticed that its no longer powering well. At some point, it will slow to a halt and then pick again. After some times, it will cease again and display the ABS BRAKE signal. Pls house what might be the problem and how can I fix this. I just serviced the car on Friday. I need an urgent advice.
Re: Benz C240 Issues by prometheus(m): 6:04am On Aug 13, 2012
please people respond.
Re: Benz C240 Issues by prometheus(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
Still hoping for an advice.
Re: Benz C240 Issues by prometheus(m): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
Hellooooo
Re: Benz C240 Issues by davioli(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
You need to get the benz scanned properly. My guess is that anti lock braking system(abs) is bad, that's probably why the car comes to a halt. Hav that serviced or replaced. I don't think it's a serious issue
Re: Benz C240 Issues by autodoctor: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ever wondered what all the warning lights displayed on your car dashboard means (I.e Check Engine, Service Engine Soon, Maintenance required etc). Have you been experiencing a high consumption of petrol by your car? Has your car's performance been on the decline? Have you had all sorts of trial and error technicians compounding your car problems rather that providing lasting solutions? Are you fed up?
DON'T BE.

Just click on the link below for free technical advice and free diagnosis and engine scan. This offer is free to all Nairalanders and only for cars in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/1002588/free-powertrain-scan-cars-abuja#11596927
Re: Benz C240 Issues by tampa1871: 4:22am On Aug 26, 2012
prometheus: Pls experts in the house, I need advice on this problem. I went on a long journey with my C240, on my way back yesterday evening, the car ceased in the middle of the road and displayed ABS BRAKE. I switched off and restarted, the car started moving but I noticed that its no longer powering well. At some point, it will slow to a halt and then pick again. After some times, it will cease again and display the ABS BRAKE signal. Pls house what might be the problem and how can I fix this. I just serviced the car on Friday. I need an urgent advice.
Your problem is definitely ABS system, you need a new one. I had thesame problem with my ML 350, it was diagnosed and replaced. The truck has been flawless ever since. The way the new generation Mercedes is designed when the brake system malfunction is to slow down, even the gear won't change from the lower gear and rev high so that you won't go fast and crash. It's a safety system built into the cars.

1 Like

Re: Benz C240 Issues by Emmagino: 12:32am On Mar 12, 2021
How much is c240 catalyst
Re: Benz C240 Issues by adanny01(m): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
tampa1871:

Your problem is definitely ABS system, you need a new one. I had thesame problem with my ML 350, it was diagnosed and replaced. The truck has been flawless ever since. The way the new generation Mercedes is designed when the brake system malfunction is to slow down, even the gear won't change from the lower gear and rev high so that you won't go fast and crash. It's a safety system built into the cars.

This is the very reason I am afraid of long journey with Benz and VW which I have confirmed will get you stranded with a simple ABS issue.

I was forced to travel for 2 days on a 1 day journey due to the Benz ABS shyt. VW's is even worst as there is no gear change with ABS fault. I assume Audi is the same. Jap mobile will continue moving only losing traction control and some safety features without losing out on speed to complete the trip
Re: Benz C240 Issues by Charly68: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
tampa1871:

Please is ML 350 reliable ?
Re: Benz C240 Issues by Kewtt: 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
adanny01:

This is the very reason I am afraid of long journey with Benz and VW which I have confirmed will get you stranded with a simple ABS issue.

I was forced to travel for 2 days on a 1 day journey due to the Benz ABS shyt. VW's is even worst as there is no gear change with ABS fault. I assume Audi is the same. Jap mobile will continue moving only losing traction control and some safety features without losing out on speed to complete the trip
Stop talking nonsense you Honda lover... So for your mind a sensible person will travel with Honda instead of a Benz.... Don't be funny. It's not compulsory to post... You hear.
Re: Benz C240 Issues by adanny01(m): 7:34am On Mar 13, 2021
Kewtt:

Stop talking nonsense you Honda lover... So for your mind a sensible person will travel with Honda instead of a Benz.... Don't be funny. It's not compulsory to post... You hear.

You have not said a word in defense of the issue.

Imagine leaving Lagos on the way to Maiduguri and you have an ABS issue in Lokoja. If driving a modern german car, the journey has ended! I will rather my Honda ball joint pull out, it can be fixed in less than 30mins.

VW will not shift out of 1st gear, Benz limits you to a max of 60 with very very poor acceleration. You only get to 60 on a down hill. You will be crawling with hazard light by the side of the road till you order the parts probably from Lagos while Okada dey insult you of blocking their way.

What design leaves you with options of either expensive towing charge or inconvenient stranded repair? How about I get home first.

This has happened to me before, a journey I have done countless times in Honda and Toyota but had to sleep over in a Benz because of ABS.

No one can force you to be logical. You even have nothing to say. I will always choose team Logic over team Love

1 Like

Re: Benz C240 Issues by Kewtt: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2021
adanny01:

You have not said a word in defense of the issue.

Imagine leaving Lagos on the way to Maiduguri and you have an ABS issue in Lokoja. If driving a modern german car, the journey has ended! I will rather my Honda ball joint pull out, it can be fixed in less than 30mins.

VW will not shift out of 1st gear, Benz limits you to a max of 60 with very very poor acceleration. You only get to 60 on a down hill. You will be crawling with hazard light by the side of the road till you order the parts probably from Lagos while Okada dey insult you of blocking their way.

What design leaves you with options of either expensive towing charge or inconvenient stranded repair? How about I get home first.

This has happened to me before, a journey I have done countless times in Honda and Toyota but had to sleep over in a Benz because of ABS.

No one can force you to be logical. You even have nothing to say. I will always choose team Logic over team Love
That you had an issue doesn't mean you get to condemn the marquee. At least Benz moves after your serial neglect and incompetence. Honda must disgrace you...ball joint pulling in a den of kidnappers.... Unfortunate is your name... and most Benz issues only come on to warn you... and you can clear it to get it fixed ASAP ....
Re: Benz C240 Issues by adanny01(m): 8:08am On Mar 13, 2021
Kewtt:

That you had an issue doesn't mean you get to condemn the marquee. At least Benz moves after your serial neglect and incompetence. Honda must disgrace you...ball joint pulling in a den of kidnappers.... Unfortunate is your name... and most Benz issues only come on to warn you... and you can clear it to get it fixed ASAP ....

What maintenance does ABS require. You just need to be logical to be at least coherent.
Re: Benz C240 Issues by baconline(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2021
The car in question might have been dead!!!! Buried or recycled already
Re: Benz C240 Issues by Kewtt: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2021
adanny01:

What maintenance does ABS require. You just need to be logical to be at least coherent.
Can see you desperately need attention.... Wrong call. Try nakoks

(1) (Reply)

Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st / Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage / Introducing The Latest 2017 Toyota Corolla – See Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.