Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? (1644 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Team Of The Year Award For Best Goalkeeper / See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo / Which Are The Top 10 African Footballers At The Moment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Priscila(f): 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2006
My list is as below starting with this first choice Germany keeper!

Jens Lehmann-Arsenal
Valdes-Barca
Morreto-Benfica
Petr Cech-Chelsea
Crossley-Fulham
Buffon-Juve
Coupet-Lyon
Casillas-Real
Injured Smith-Man U
Oliver Kahn-Bayern Munich
And many more
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by okewole(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2006
Petr Cech of Chelsea
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by mukina2: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2006
Girl You are kidding right? u kidding, by your list its the mighty German no1 and also the gunners main keeper

JENS LEHMANN  cool
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by nightrider: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2006
lehman
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Priscila(f): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2006
Lehmann is actually the best keeper
had it not for him, gunners! we would be counting ten goals down in that Man U game.

Our goalie Lehmann is incomparable! he has the award.

Tell me, who else can have such elasticity? After Rio Ferdnand pushed some Juju in him he became blind and thats when they started to score. I saw everything!

@ mukina2 on the contrary!
my teams are Brazil , France, England . Germany is fourth as my favourite
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by darqly(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2006
NO NO NO NO, What are U saying?

Kolo Toure is the Best Keeper!! grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Priscila(f): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2006
I insist Lehmann and Valdes are the best goalies of this World currently.

@ dargly! thats not funny at all if that was supposed to be a joke?

I dentify the best goalkeeper and stop being funny my dear!
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by lordimpaq(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2006
Gigi buffon any day,
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by darqly(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2006
OK sorry for being funny, on another post maybe. Well, based on form right now, I'd go for Claudio Reina of Liverpool.

Aside him, my main man, Edwin Van Der Sar.
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Priscila(f): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2006
@ dargly
that come back is now good. You are now sober from that excitement of rough handling us gunners.
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Jackal(m): 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2006
I think Petr Cech is the best goalkeeper in the last 2 seasons.
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by darqly(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2006
A keeper is as good as his defence really. Petr Cech was ok last season because of his outstanding back four. Now they are leakin goals and he is panicky. If it comes to one on one, Van der Sar, Brad Friedel and Lehman. @priscilla It's just that you said at the moment, and Toure made a nice save, so I figured he qualified.
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2008
Why should Barcelona's goal-keeper be
included on that list? His name should come
first on the list of worse goal-keeper
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by mukina2: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2008
why did you resurrect this thread? grin

@ topic

Almunia
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by tkb417(m): 6:57am On Apr 17, 2008
@Poster
are u a comedian?
Injured Smith as a goalkeeper in United?
or is this thread an old thing? . . .even at that, was Smith ever a goalie?

nyways, Buffon is the best goalkeeper followed closely by Cech and Casillas
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2008
I would pick Cassilas as number one You need to see the amount of daring saves the guy makes in every game. followed by Cech and Buffon in that order
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Jackal1(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2008
The Best goalkeeper:

Jussi Jaaskelainen

Brad Friedel.

The amount of saves these ones make week in week out would make Cassilas and Petr Cech feel like idiots.
In a team with good midfielders and a good defence, goalies have no job to do.
There are matches Van Der Sar dont even make a single dive cos the defence was damn too good.
However, for struggling teams like Bolton and Blackburn. . . These goalies makes daring saves week in week out.
They deserve some credits. . . . . Letz see how Cassilas, Cech and Buffon would fare in weak teams like Watford and judge em then.
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by Mustay(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2008
James
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by vikiviko(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2008
Today's best goalkeeper should Real Madrid's Iker Casillas
Re: Who Is The Best Goalkeeper At The Moment? by kingkams(m): 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2008
Manuel Almunia cheesy

(1) (Reply)

??? / Segun Torila Excites The World !!! / Bet247 Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.