Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

2007/2008 Champions League Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2007/2008 Champions League Draw (2329 Views)

Uefa Champion League Draw / Carling (milk ) Cup 2007/2008 / Who Will Win The English Premier League 2007-2008? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2007
Inter v Liverpool

AC Milan v Arsenal

Lyon v Man Utd

Real v Roma

Seville v Fernabache

Barca v Celtic

Porto v Schalke

Olympiakos v Chelsea
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by somze(f): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2007
Just saw the draws. . . seems to be an easy tie for Chelsea on paper.

Arsenal would have their work cut out as they met the current holders. Milan is not playing to well at the moment but they're a Champions league side and are capable of running the self-proclaimed teenagers inside out.

Manchester should be able to give Lyon a comfortable whooping as Lyon has sold so many influential players.

Liverpool and Inter . . . I don't know, when you write liverpool down in the CL they show their character or probably excess amount of luck.

Game to watch
AC Milan vs Arsenal
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2007
None of the English sides have an easy draw. . . .I guess there is nothing like an easy draw at this stage.

I have seen Olympiakos play and I have been very impressed.I consider them stronger than Lyon.They went to Bremen and Lazio and defeated them,they were close to beating Madrid at the Bernabeau even though they played with 10 for large parts of the game.Its a tough one to call.

Lyon are also a very good side.They started poorly this season,probably due to Alain Perrin's problems with the Lyon players,in particlular,he changed formation from their favored 4-3-3 to 4-4-2.Since he reverted to the former,they are back to their old self.They have quality in Benzema,Juninho and a rejuvenated Govou.If Utd are going to win the UCL,these are the kind of teams that shouldn't trouble them too much.I would rate Lyon at the level of AS Roma,slightly below them.

Arsenal have a great opportunity to knock out the worst Milan side I have seen since Ancelotti took over.I was hoping Arsenal get either Barca or Inter.I would rate Arsenal as slight favorites for this one.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by sage(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2007
Arsenal-Milan shocked grin cheesy cool

Boyz vs Men grin

Tough draw for all Italian teams

What a cracker

My friend had been telling me he wants to meet Milan so he they can disgrace Milan grin

Time for some real lessons, not hype

Where are all the football analysts on this site. Whatz there take on this
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by sage(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man

The tie is very open. Dont count on Arsenal beating Milan. The chances of that happening are much smaller than you expect grin

Man U fans were saying the same thing last time
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2007
I think everyone's overlooking that Milan are dreadful at home this season, and if we get a good home result against them, I'm confident Arsenal will go through.

hahahahaha
gunner since 1901
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2007
@sage

I hate Arsenal with a passion but have a sneaky feeling they can win this one.This Milan side doesn't impress me but Ancellotti has a way of preparing the team to peak in the 2nd half of the season.Arsenal have already peaked,Milan haven't even started.

I hope with all the speculation surrounding Ancellotti,his boys play for him but I think this "padding up" of his reputation by only competing in the UCL will backfire spectacularly this season and I have a feeling this will be the stage they fall off.

Olympiakos can knock out Chelski.Anybody that underates them hasn't seen them much.I watched 4 of their UCL games and they are very good.Chelski fans are in for surprise if they think they are walkovers.

What can I say about Liverpool? grin I am so happy! grin Would have preferred Inter v Arsenal but this is the next best thing
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Jackal(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

AC Milan will beat Arsenal.
Make no bones about that . . .
Milan has lost out in the Scudetto chase and will have their eyes locked on UEFA Champions league.
They have got nuthing to play for in the league so expect them to rest all their players 2 weeks before they meet the GAYnners.
Besides, the 2nd leg will be in San Siro which does not favour the GAYnners at all.
Arsenal should forget clinching anything in Europe this season . . .If they can lose to Sevilla . . .they will surely lose to Milan.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Jackal

I am an auxiliary Milan fan for the next 3 months.I know Arsenal are not winning it even if they make it to the final and face Fernabache but they could shock Milan.Anyway,the 2nd round is Arsenal's normal level.

Its Liverpool's draw that pleased me the most.Inter's 2nd 11 will make the top 4 of the EPL.Its just that Inter are a poor cup side.Mancini is an idiot but I hope he doesn't screw up this one.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by somze(f): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2007
I agree that no team can be written off at this stage but big names are given more respect when it comes to the bookies.

AC Milan and Arsenal would be a great tie, lets hope Arsenal have their top players around, I don't want any excuses.

Chelsea should be prepared for the greeks. I should think everyone would be fit by then and a couple of new faces too (hopefully nateevs would have his wish). So it would be a good game but we should pull through.

Lyon is not a threat for ManU. Lyon has been struggling and I think should be a walk-over. It would be disappointing to see otherwise.

The English team I would like to see leave the competition is Arsenal . . . for obvious reasons.  grin
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Jackal(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

I would have fancied Arsenal if they were playing the 2nd leg at the Emirates.
They play well in London but have a disappointing away record in Europe . . .
The only match they won in the group stage was a scrappy 1-0 victory against a 4th rated team.
Arsenal might win 3-2 or 2-1 HERE in London and get bludgeoned 4-0 in San Siro. grin grin grin grin
Bleep it . . . . . .UEFA are twats!!!!!!!!
Loyika must be throwing fits now in his bedroom . . . . . .anutha European disappointment for Arsene!!!!!!!!!
12 years and still counting.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by cooljoe(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2007
Tough draw for Arsenal, I truly hope Fabregas and co. can do the job.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2007
Arsenal are going nowhere ultimately.2006 was Wenger's best chance .

Where are all those Gayners who claimed they don't need to finish 1st?

By the time the game with Milan will be played,Arsenal's hopes of winning the EPL would have started receding. . . . . .that more than anything makes me thin they have a good chance.Still think Milan are favorites but this is the worst Ancellotti Milan side I have ever seen.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by chuckdee4(m): 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2007
Chelsea should dispose of Olympiakos, they have a way of taking care of business

Liverpool are in a 50/50 situation, if they play anything like they have in the last 2 games then Inter will walk all over them

Man U should go thru, although im hoping Lyon show them something, they seem to have finally found their mojo in Europe again

Arsenal are in a 50/50 situation as well, nothing guaranteed but if they play to their high standards i don't see why they can't trouble an aging Milan side, although if i was Wenger i would keep an eye on Kaka n Seedorf (Those old dogs have a bag filled with tricks)
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by sage(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2007
@I-Man

Lets watch and see grin

Milan went to Bayern last year and became the first team to defeat Bayern at home at the Allianz Arena

I hope Milan get the big match mentality that they normally get

They would devastate Arsenal home and away

This Arsenal team is also hyped

But to tell you the truth, I dont know who will win. Its a very close call
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by sage(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2007
But Milan would need Kaka and Nesta healthy

to a lesser extent Pirlo, Seedorf and Rino

Where is Dayo grin
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by somze(f): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2007
chuckdee4:

Chelsea should dispose of Olympiakos, they have a way of taking care of business
cool cool

chuckdee4:

Arsenal are in a 50/50 situation as well, nothing guaranteed but if they play to their high standards i don't see why they can't trouble an aging Milan side, although if i was Wenger i would keep an eye on Kaka n Seedorf (Those old dogs have a bag filled with tricks)
Ageing Milan side? Milan represents the old addage that says - "Age is nothing but mere numbers" . . . when it comes to the CL.  wink
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2007
Milan have been awesome in the Champions League,apart from the Celtic game.The more I think of it,the more I lean towards a Milan easy victory.They were brilliant against Shaktar.

They lost yesterday against Catania.Lets see how they fare in the Milan derby.This is the only game in Serie A where I cheer Milan-Inter v Milan grin
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2007
sage:

But Milan would need Kaka and Nesta healthy

to a lesser extent Pirlo, Seedorf and Rino

They also need Pirlo and Gattuso.Pirlo for his creativity and Gattuso for his pace and work rate in midfield

sage:

Where is Dayo grin
He is watching the UEFA Cup draw grin They are facing mighty Aberdeen grin
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2007
Wenger's arrogance in Seville had caused him this.

Milan is beatable anyway.

Stingy Wenger must buy 2 experienced players in January to beef up his team. Galas cannot do it alone.

On paper, bookies will favour Milan but you never know.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Jackal(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

Rino will bully Fabregas and Flamini off the park.
Besides, the 2nd leg in San Siro will be too much for these gaynners to bear.
Who will lead em out in Milan? Toure? Gallas? or Fab4?
These lads can't cope with the pressure. . . . . .they couldn't cope at Middlesboro . . . .
I hope Wenger won't blame the pilot for making the wrong turn mid-air as an excuse for anutha European disgrace for the GAYnners.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by somze(f): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2007
Pirlo and Gattuoso will mix with kaka and seedorf.

The problem they have is in the defence and maybe attack. Too many slow folks there.

I think players' age and pace affects them in the Serie A. They cant keep up the consistency each week as they can in the CL.

Nesta is ok but Maldini may not be able to race with Van Persie, but again the experience he has helps him know where exactly to stay and how to bring attackers down without getting booked.

Milan needs a bit of young hot blooded players. What happened to Paco anyways?
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2007
Akolawole:

Wenger's arrogance in Seville had caused him this.

This is why he has never been successful in Europe .He keeps miscalculating.Only once has he crossed the Q/F stage of the UCL.

Why are many Chelski fans confident of defeating Olympiakos?You guys should go and watch their away games at Madrid,Bremen and Lazio.You won't be so confident after.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2007
Worry Not!

We will sort out the Greeks tongue
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by chuckdee4(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2007
Jackal u keep writting Arsenal off, even I-man is cautious, remember how u talked urself into a naked rumba at Trafalgar square
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Iman

Check out my re-naming of the Thread.

I think we have the same name as yours last year.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by twinstaiye(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
Continue to write off Arsenal, that is what you haters know how to do best, we let our playing do the talking when the times comes by always proving you wrong. At knock out stages of CL, no team is unbeatable. As far as I am concerned, no team can arrogate the power of playing the best football to itself when knock out stages sets it. It is the battle of coaches, the fans, the players, goal aggregates and of course luck.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Akola
Thanks wink
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Jackal(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ Chuckdee4,

Only a fool will think Arsenal stands a chance of defeating Milan.
You might manage it at the Emirates but they will sink y'all at San Siro and go through on goals aggegrate.
AC Milan will be too smart for u to beatc. . . .make no bones about it.
They have lost out in the league. . . .they are not even pursuing . . . .all they play for is coming 4th to make the Champions league spot for next season.
Without a shadow of doubt, Milan will have their eyes locked on UEFA this season and will want to prove a point to their fans.
Arsenal 2-1 AC Milan
AC Milan 3-0 Arsenal.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Twinstaiye

Long time
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by twinstaiye(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2007
I dey Akola, just watching from the sidelines.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2007
Looking at it from Rumour's angle.

JM would be Millan's Coach then and Wenger knows how to beat Mourinho's team shocked

Isnt it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maradona Hits Back, Says He Was Cheated And Lied To / Who Knows Whereabout Of Reuben Agboola? / I Quit Betting For Good!!!(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.