Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

2007/2008 Champions League Draw - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2007/2008 Champions League Draw (2328 Views)

Uefa Champion League Draw / Carling (milk ) Cup 2007/2008 / Who Will Win The English Premier League 2007-2008? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Akola

How do you change the title of the topic?

Never mind.I thought it didn't work.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Akolawole(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Iman

Go to your first post on the thread to modify it.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by ayusman16(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2007
Winning the champion league is no fluke. U gat to whoop many big teams. Milan would be no exception. Gunners 4 Life i remain!
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Hugoboi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2007
I pity them gunners cuz thy arent gonna find it easy against milan.Fancy an Arsenal team of young guns with fancy footwork and so little experience up against a Milan team with the likes of Kaka,Pirlo,seedorf etc.i'd rather label that a "recipe for annihilation".

Chelski should be able to roll over olympiakos without much trouble unless they decide to flunk it as usual.

Liverpool has the worst tie of the stage.i just hope Benitez comes out of this one wiv his job intact.he's gonna need all the luck he can get.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by dayokanu(m): 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2007
Hey guys ,
I went to Aberdeen to book accommodation for my boys are storming Aberdeen next. now Luca Toni has turned to something else.

Its about that time of the year that Arsenal Gayners and Assing self-servicer would come out with excuses so let me think of some for them,; Our team is still young we would win when they mature, The referee and UEFA supports Milan, See how Milan guys particularly were roughing up Fabregas, The referee poke to Galliani before the game, The field was wet, Milans fifth goal was offside, The 3rd was pushing- foul , 18 players played for Milan, Almunia was bribed Blah blah
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by kaydee(m): 12:34am On Dec 22, 2007
dayokanu:

Hey guys ,
I went to Aberdeen to book accommodation for my boys are storming Aberdeen next. now Luca Toni has turned to something else.

Its about that time of the year that Arsenal Gayners and Assing self-servicer would come out with excuses so let me think of some for them,; Our team is still young we would win when they mature, The referee and UEFA supports Milan, See how Milan guys particularly were roughing up Fabregas, The referee poke to Galliani before the game, The field was wet, Milans fifth goal was offside, The 3rd was pushing- foul , 18 players played for Milan, Almunia was bribed Blah blah

grin grin grin Look at you talking? U better go and create a thread for UEFA cup and invite Everton and other "remnants" to join you there. grin grin grin

Gooners!!!!!!!!! No lele,San Siro is home away from home.We'll show those Devils how to thrash them.lol!!!!!!!!
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 22, 2007
yeah thats the gunnerz spirit
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by awe56: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2007
the gunners are goners they. i will advise them not to go to sansiro they should just stay and rest their leg for premiership.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by cooljoe(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2007
Come on Fabregas, come on Hleb, lets give this Milan side a thing or two to think about.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by awe56: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2007
who is fabrigas,who is hleb when kaka,seedof,gatuzo are there
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by hustler(m): 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2007
Fantastic Draws and muth watering clashes to look forward to.

Let me dissect,

I feel Intern and Barca are the best sides in Europe at the moment. Inter's lack of experience by the coach and players at this level might be their undoing. But if they can beat Liverpool i believe they are good enuff for the final. The team has so much depth mancio can even afford to rest ibra these days. I would give this one to Inter

Barca will whitewash Celtic no doubt about that.

Roma Madrid will be a tricky one especially if roma get all their players back.I'm taqlkin bout Aquilani,Perotta,Taddei and play their brilliant passing game. They could kill Madrid at the Olimpico. But Madrid have been devastating at the Bernabeu this term. I would give this one to Roma.

I also expect Porto to finish off Schalke.It wont be entertaining but Porto deserve to be in the second round and will seal their entry into the quarter finals.

Lyon vz Man U will also be a cracker. The red devils won all their matches en route to this stage buttttttt this will be their toughest match so far in the competition especially if Lyon have a fit Benzema and Ben Arfa on the flanks they could cause damage. But i fancy Man United to scle thru this one based on their attacking strength. When u have the likes of Rooney,Saha,Tevez,Nani and Ronaldo going forward. Lyon have a poor defence i must say.

Sevilla vz Fenerbahce will also be entertaining believe me. Who has been watching what dat boy Alex has been doing for the Turkish outfit. But i trust Sevilla, with the manpower they have especially with the form of Fabiano and Keita this season to do the job.

Chelsea should have no problems beating Olympiacos home and away. They are the big team with the easiest draw.

Arsenal fans would look back to last yr when they had the draw of facing a depleted Madrid side without focus and a Juve side that were not organized and will say yes they can do it again and make it to the finals. But when u are paired against 3 time finalists in the UCL (who were denied a place in 2006 finals by the ref who disallowed Sheva's goal against barca),current holders and current world champions who have the best player in the world in their books, most promising prospect who will be unleashed in january in their books,old legs who have come up against the Asafa Powell's of football with their tired legs and come out unscathed, then i think they should have a re-think, pat their young lads on the shoulders for making it this far and start thinking about next yr's edition.

This Milan side is diiferent. They are having a miserable campaign in the domestic scene. But in europe they are a different side entirely. It's like they approach it with a different mentality. I pray all the talk about Pato in training will come alive on the pitch even though i saw his clas first hand at the youth champiosnhip. Add Kaka into the mix and then u will have a 2 man wrecking army with Seedorf guiding them from behind. The midfield trio of |Ringhio,Pirlo and Ambrosini will stifle the sleek passing moves of any side in the world.
U know my money is on Milan to take this one,get to the final and give Maldini a perfect sending off.

I have my fears tho as Fabregas comes alive in the big games unlike Henry. But i believe we can get a decent result maybe a 1-nil win at the Emirates and finish off at the San siro 2-nil. I trust Ancelotti as the tactician he is to start studying their tapes now and devise ways of neutralizing their game. I feel we will make the most of our set pieces at the Emirates, We will carry the day, no long talk.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by Iman3(m): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2007
@hustler

Good analysis !

Tomorrow is the real "Grand Slam Sunday".Last Sunday was given that tag but failed to live up to expectations.We will be seeing 4 of the best teams in Europe-Barca,Real,Inter and Milan. Some skillful football,not the nonsense we watched last week.One of the aforementioned 4 will win the Champions League.

I disagree with your claims that Chelski have "the easiest draw".Olympiakos have really impressed me and if they play anywhere like they did in the Group stages,they are going to give Chelski a run for their money.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by toshmann(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2007
heheheheheeeee now they say liverpool has a tough draw
grin grin grin grin grin grin i laugh in swahili
you guys forgot you said liverpool will never survive their group
grin grin grin grin grin still laughing in swahili grin grin grin

well, let me tell y'all what i feel. . . . .

inter milan has a tough draw angry angry

we shall see cool
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by ndumart: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2007
Ac Milan Vs Arsenal - It will be a cracker but i give it to Milan.They've got Youth (kaka,pato, Gilardino), Class (the whole team) and experience and that will work in their favor.

Roma vs real - Too close to call but i see Real scaling through by the whiskers. the match at the Bernabeu will determine.

Chelsea vs Olympiakos - Easy draw for Chelsea on paper,though i see Chelsea going thru but Olympiakos have an outside chance to qualify if they continue in their present form

Liverpool - Inter - Inter dosnt seem to be a superpower in Europe but their form this season is frightening. Liverpool can equally rise to the occasion when least expected. 50 -50

Lyon - Man U - Not going to be easy for united but thay have better attacking players, tight defence and a compact midfield. I see united goin thru

Porto - stuttgart - i give it to porto

Sevilla - Fenerbache - Too close to call. 50-50

Barca - Celtic - There is no stopping Barca.
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Hustler
nice one from you though i wont agree Barca is a better team than Real. The el classico and the league table in Spain will prove this.

Meanwhile, Arsenal-Milan is 50-50. he who underrates Arsenal is a deadmeat for sure and again, i must confess Milan is always on hand to deal deadly blows to any team in europe.

Inter-Liverpool. Its a close call, considering the fact that the tinkerman knows how to play big games like this. Inter is super hot and i see a bloody cracker. Liverpool will be edged out i think

United -Lyon. Victory at OT and a draw in France will seal it for SAF's men

Chelsea-Olympiakos
@I-man
i think Chelsea will romp over des guys. Home and away victory for the blues

@dayokanu
your men will play Aberdeen grin grin grin
nice one. I expect a 7 goal thriller. all in favour of ur shyte team in a shyte competition.
may God help you
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by seunspice(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
Re: 2007/2008 Champions League Draw by seunspice(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
Whoever is hasty to predict any result for these matches might be making a big mistake. The cream of all the matches would be Arsenal - AC milan. An hasty judgment would say Milan if you are a Man U fan like me who easily remembers the humiliation of last season at the San Siro. History favours only AC but antecedents favour Arsenal too. Arsenals tightest ropes in Europe has always been Italian teams, but on a good day, Wenger's men would find a way through, we all took them for dead meat against Inter some years back especially after a 3nil loss at Highbury. That Inter team crumbled at the San Siro in a 5-1 reverse. I want to see a repeat of that this season. Then if a coach learns from the mistake of others, i think it is Wenger. Trying to play Milan Fancifully like Some United players did last season is a food for thought to Wenger. then i am quick to remember that Real Madrid, Juventus and a host of others all fell to the gunners some years back when Arsenal was beaten by Barca in the final. I might not be a realist , but England's best hope in this season's UCL still remains Arsenal and United. Chelsea would remain what they always are in the UCL , OUTSIDERS. Liverpool ?? No comments,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maradona Hits Back, Says He Was Cheated And Lied To / Who Knows Whereabout Of Reuben Agboola? / Authentic Vs Replica Jerseys - How To Know The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.