Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History (27331 Views)

Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by diki1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
U can boast of ur coridor or varanda, but be informed if there's a declaration of war, the south will not wait for u with open hand, they will will come to you in your home to bomb u out of ur silly stupid head. Mtchch
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by ITbomb(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
[size=20pt] We
conquered them including their Bayelsa
and gained victory
[/size]
[size=20pt]SO WE HAVE BEEN LIVING IN CONQUERED TERRITORY[/size]And our fathers never told us.
I thought I read somewhere about ' No Victor No Vanquished'
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
van bonattel:

I have never seen a yoruba man fight anybody, even in sports, boxing, Samuel Peters, Jerry Okorodudu, Obisia Nwamkpa, D!ck Tiger and others. Bash Ali? Senior noise maker without steam. Those guys are very weak, shouting Aaah Aaah and opening their mouths wide (fly fit enter sef) grin
lmao!!! Guy u wicked small o! grin grin
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Ozonna(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Clark should contact leaders of other ethnic groups in 9ja delta, meet Uwezue led Ohaneze and Fasoranti led Afenifere. These leaders should meet with the Polotical leaders in their and advice them on the need to have a SOUTHERN GOVS forum.

Let the leaders of all the Southern States put pressure on their elected representatives to in favour of true fiscal Federalism(State police,resource control,etc)whenevr debate for constitution amendment starts
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by MusicCafe: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
As much as I agreed with your submission, the part where you assumed that Yoruba Muslims are siding with Hausas is very preposterous and very demeaning for every self respecting Yoruba Muslim...We are Yoruba first and every other identity follows. And the Hausa Fulanis are ready to do the war, we will be ready for them. This is not an internet rambling...I'm a muslim and I'm comfortable with that identity
edicolove: This is my humble take:

1. I know the Ibos feel betrayed by the Yorubas and Ijaws but to continue to fight ourselves is only making the core north have the dominance. We are only playing into their hands.
2. I think the Yorubas should drop their pride on this and admit that the decision to side with the North against Biafra is what we are all suffering today. If we had kept to the Aburi accord, we would have been a different country today.
3. The continous disagreement between the Ibos and Yorubas is costing us all. Even the middle belt has opted out of the North. The plateau state governor did not even attend the last Northern govs meeting.
4. The Niger Delta has realised that it was a mistake to side with the North against Biafra. A big mistake. The Ibos truly can be domineering in terms of coming into your place to owns businesses, but Ibo communities easily blend in with their host communities and even learn the language fast. They don't come together as Ibos to fight their host except when they are being targeted like you have in the North. Ibos and Yorubas have lived together peacefully in the south west for ages.
5. Having said the above, I make bold to say that the day the Ibos, Yorubas, Southern Minorities agree on federalism, the core North will keep shut. Especially now that the middle belt are extracting themselves from the mix.
6. I will say this, though I know it might be controversial. I think the muslim Yorubas are the ones aligning mostly with the North. They seem to allow their religion blind them into believing that the core north are their brothers. But unfortunately, the core North don't even regard them as true muslims. In many mosques in the North, Yoruba muslims pray separately from the hausa muslims. I even observed something funny somewhere in Lagos. Some of my. Yoruba Muslim guys once complained that the hausa aboki refused to join them in their normal prayer. He would either pray on his own in a secluded corner or wait for everyone to finish praying before going into the mosque to do his own praying. I thought they were kidding until I actually observe him doing it, myself.
7. Finally, anyone who says they can stand aside in a war has no clue. Even if you don't ask for it, it will get to you. Many communities were sacked during the civil war. They didn't do anything. It is what war brings. So the only way to secure ourselves is to come together and fight. Only a mad cow infested northern army will go to war against a united southern Nigeria. They won't survive one month at most. But a divided southern Nigeria is going to be a completely different kettle of fish. But believe me too, a united south east and south south is also a formidable group. A combination of the will, the population and the oil is a good bet anyday

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
belabela: Nairaland of comedy grin
Everbody seem to have become a self appointed leader of their region. Ok o comedians keep fighting yourselves and continue declaring e- war on yourselves. God forbid but if there is war in Nigeria most if not all of you nairaland warriors would be in refugee camps in Cameroon, chad, benin republic and niger begging for food.
lol.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by ABAKA72(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
ifeness:

What have you learnt apart from getting high scores at the universities and selling okrika wake up? Hausas have got the military might and they will simply wipe out the SE and SS.Very simple.
You no disapoint me at all, see how illogical you post sounds, typical Hausa response, Ha! Ha!! H!!! These people sef, mumus to the core.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Ayatullah(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
@logica, can you bring out any of your notable men so that I can take him to the cleaners.....the best you have produced so far has turned out to be BRAIN DEAD. Check our recent history and see whether we've had it so bad under a Nigerian Leader.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva: @Mr.chippychappy
I'm forced to agree with you that Igbos should fold their arms and watch a duet between the Northerners and the south-south, SW but don't you think that Igbos and south-south have been intertwined that it will be very difficult for it not to affect the Igbos. Don't forget that there's a huge indegenous Igbo population in the south-south. Don't also forget that the Efik/Ibibios who were our best friends during the war are also in the south-south. Don't also forget that the south-east Igbo population in the south-south is one of the largest. So, we're gonna be affected just as much as the south-southerners. I foresee a situation where other south-south groups that have been following Ijaws like 1diots as south-south aka Niger Delta will denounce their Ijaw brothers and be looking for new alliances. This is going to be a blockbuster movie with all the intrigues and betrayals. Let's watch and see how events will unfold.

Majority of SS fought for Biafra and we cant fold our hand and watch North do anything to them, but if it were SW then they are on their own except if there will be no second betrayal and they are in forefront.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Fornorth(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola: These northerners need to be killed off!
how? And when?
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Majority of SS fought for Biafra and we cant fold our hand and watch North do anything to them, but if it were SW then they are on their own except if there will be no second betrayal and they are in forefront.

The people I have confidence in the South South are those from Cross River.

An average "Niger Deltan" view of an Igbo man is absurd to say the least.

Where are those guys from Niger Delta on this forum that defend Goodluck tooth and nail any chance they got ?

Why do we always have to come to their defence but whenever Igbo's are being aggressively attacked on here we don't see them. But when it comes to their domain, our people tend to carry it on their shoulders. Haven't you observed that ?

We just have to call a spade a spade. Let us not pretend that everything is alright.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
edicolove: This is my humble take:

1. I know the Ibos feel betrayed by the Yorubas and Ijaws but to continue to fight ourselves is only making the core north have the dominance. We are only playing into their hands.
2. I think the Yorubas should drop their pride on this and admit that the decision to side with the North against Biafra is what we are all suffering today. If we had kept to the Aburi accord, we would have been a different country today.
3. The continous disagreement between the Ibos and Yorubas is costing us all. Even the middle belt has opted out of the North. The plateau state governor did not even attend the last Northern govs meeting.
4. The Niger Delta has realised that it was a mistake to side with the North against Biafra. A big mistake. The Ibos truly can be domineering in terms of coming into your place to owns businesses, but Ibo communities easily blend in with their host communities and even learn the language fast. They don't come together as Ibos to fight their host except when they are being targeted like you have in the North. Ibos and Yorubas have lived together peacefully in the south west for ages.
5. Having said the above, I make bold to say that the day the Ibos, Yorubas, Southern Minorities agree on federalism, the core North will keep shut. Especially now that the middle belt are extracting themselves from the mix.
6. I will say this, though I know it might be controversial. I think the muslim Yorubas are the ones aligning mostly with the North. They seem to allow their religion blind them into believing that the core north are their brothers. But unfortunately, the core North don't even regard them as true muslims. In many mosques in the North, Yoruba muslims pray separately from the hausa muslims. I even observed something funny somewhere in Lagos. Some of my. Yoruba Muslim guys once complained that the hausa aboki refused to join them in their normal prayer. He would either pray on his own in a secluded corner or wait for everyone to finish praying before going into the mosque to do his own praying. I thought they were kidding until I actually observe him doing it, myself.
7. Finally, anyone who says they can stand aside in a war has no clue. Even if you don't ask for it, it will get to you. Many communities were sacked during the civil war. They didn't do anything. It is what war brings. So the only way to secure ourselves is to come together and fight. Only a mad cow infested northern army will go to war against a united southern Nigeria. They won't survive one month at most. But a divided southern Nigeria is going to be a completely different kettle of fish. But believe me too, a united south east and south south is also a formidable group. A combination of the will, the population and the oil is a good bet anyday

cool cool cool
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by aljharem(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ edicolove you are an you don't surprise me with your stupidity.Rt. It is dumb of you to think just cuz I am Muslim I am a northerner or in support of the trash faruk said. Let me make myself clear we are Yoruba first before any religion. Allah that made us Yoruba is not dumb.

@ topic I must express my disappointment with this trash usman said. Very disappointed cuz this animal has just given me the reason for a united southern Nigeria which include the angry whole middlebelt minus half of Niger state.

Come to think of it, everyone in Nigeria apart from south southerners are parasites so we don't have a right I mean, any right to speak sad sadon how they want there oil money spent.

What this silly usman just did is give igbos the mouth to talk. I guess they were right after all. Idiot talking of conquering others, now everyone is getting ready for some needless war which could easily be avoided. Very provocative statement I must say.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by tomakint: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
Onlytruth: My first input is that the North is obviously trying again to scare the Yoruba into stabbing the south in the back; and I repeat -AGAIN ( at least to be their open conquered territory to the sea), because they believe that Yoruba is the weakest link in the south. Do you notice that they did not even mention Edo or even Cross river side, not to talk of Igbo land? So, they figure that Yoruba is the weakest link and they need to remind them of that, lest they forget. haha.
I personally foresee a situation whereby the North forgets about the East (provided the East stays united -the fear of the Igbo by the North is the reason they would do this), and concentrate on using the West to access the sea. That sea access is the North's major concern.

Anyone who thinks that the Igbo would sit out a war in our own backyard is wrong, and the North knows. cool

Onlytruth, I am a big fan of your work (good job)! The Igbos will always have my support any time any day, they have been terribly cheated, maligned, and above all marginalized! The truth of the matter is,The Igbos are wiser now, likewise the Niger Deltans, and permit meto say the Core North knows what they are doing and this is no joke. My only headache are Yorubas elite class who will always tilt towards the north, now the question? When will that terrible curse spewed on the Yoruba race be reversed! I am a just a Yoruba guy not a typical one!
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
alj harem: @ edicolove you are an you don't surprise me with your stupidity.Rt. It is dumb of you to think just cuz I am Muslim I am a northerner or in support of the trash faruk said. Let me make myself clear we are Yoruba first before any religion. Allah that made us Yoruba is not dumb.

@ topic I must express my disappointment with this trash usman said. Very disappointed cuz this animal has just given me the reason for a united southern Nigeria which include the angry whole middlebelt minus half of Niger state.

Come to think of it, everyone in Nigeria apart from south southerners are parasites so we don't have a right I mean, any right to speak sad sadon how they want there oil money spent.

What this silly usman just did is give igbos the mouth to talk. I guess they were right after all. Idiot talking of conquering others, now everyone is getting ready for some needless war which could easily be avoided. Very provocative statement I must say.
alj harem: @ edicolove you are an you don't surprise me with your stupidity.Rt. It is dumb of you to think just cuz I am Muslim I am a northerner or in support of the trash faruk said. Let me make myself clear we are Yoruba first before any religion. Allah that made us Yoruba is not dumb.

When are you gonna come out from your shell and take a stand as a Real man. Stop beating around the bush, it is not good for your blood pressure.

And for the record, it was you who said "we will make sure we unleash the almajiris in the name of jihad on you southerners".

Be real.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Olodostein:

The people I have confidence in the South South are those from Cross River.

An average "Niger Deltan" view of an Igbo man is absurd to say the least.

Where are those guys from Niger Delta on this forum that defend Goodluck tooth and nail any chance they got ?

Why do we always have to come to their defence but whenever Igbo's are being aggressively attacked on here we don't see them. But when it comes to their domain, our people tend to carry it on their shoulders. Haven't you observed that ?

We just have to call a spade a spade. Let us not pretend that everything is alright.

I am a Niger Deltan and I am IGBO, unless you are talking about SS but If I tell the names of Niger Deltan who are SS and yet support everything Igbo in NL u wont believe, eg Beaf and Byllionaire just a few, they have wised up and not even ready to forgive Isaac Boro, this is not 1967, I live in ND and i know what I am saying, the perception of Igbos and domination has changed
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by logica(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ayatullah: @logica, can you bring out any of your notable men so that I can take him to the cleaners.....the best you have produced so far has turned out to be BRAIN DEAD. Check our recent history and see whether we've had it so bad under a Nigerian Leader.
What can be worse that a monkey, if not a brain dead monkey. LMAO. What ethnicity do you think I belong? I know your guess is wrong anyway. Your "notable man" who happens to be a former "soldier" for want of a better term is using population as basis for victory in a war; and you talk about "brain dead"? Do you know what it means for a "soldier" who went high enough in the Nigerian Army as to become the governor of a state so show such crass ignorance? No wonder they always spoke of Babangida as a "genius"; because certainly next to this nincompoop he appears as one.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2012

U ve been unbanned ?? and you came out delusional undecided undecided undecided

And I want you to stop playing mind game whether u like it or not must be on their own, u scalar mofon
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Billygee2u: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
asha 80:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
asha 80: Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Posted: August 13, 2012 - 16:51
Asari Dokubo
By SaharaReporters, New York

Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.

The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.

A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk first commented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cut off the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.

Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”

Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [b][Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”[/b]

He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are 50 million,” he said. “Because of this, if census will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”
It is clear to us now, why you Muslims are using BOKO HARAM to kill Christians in the north.The truth have been revealed.

The source said Faruk also blamed politicians, including Northerners he claimed to have been bribed, for the onshore/offshore economic imbalance.

“This comprehension is above our people here it means, crude oil extracting in the sea and that in the non sea region,” he said. “From Lagos to the high sea it about 200 mile and people like Ghali Umar Na’abba in their time were bribed and they conceded to the onshore/offshore deceit. This case was taken to Supreme Court and the court ruled against it, despite that our lawmakers did not do anything. Today, what Bayelsa State is collecting with just about 3 million people triple what Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States 10 times.”

He said that legislators of Northern extraction in the federal legislature must challenge and change this situation in view of the fact that the Supreme Court has ruled against it. If they cannot do it, he warned, they should all come back home.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history

It is clear to us now, why you Muslims are using BOKO HARAM to kill Christians in the north.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by msay: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
I'm seeing Bunch of e-warriors, y'all can't even participate in war...mtswww angry
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

I am a Niger Deltan and I am IGBO, unless you are talking about SS but If I tell the names of Niger Deltan who are SS and yet support everything Igbo in NL u wont believe, eg Beaf and Byllionaire just a few, they have wised up and not even ready to forgive Isaac Boro, this is not 1967, I live in ND and i know what I am saying, the perception of Igbos and domination has changed

Fair enough. Niger Delta Igbo's are an exception. We will always be at their beck and call when the need arises and when jungle actually matures unless they opt to go the other lane.

It is good to know that the discussion has begun where you are. A sense of remorse and awareness is taken root. If there was to be a concrete collaboration,trust must be earned. I hold no grudges against them despite hearing horrific stories from my kindred about how things went back then.

Having said that, what I see, observe and hear in the streets of Rivers leave more questions to be answered. I guess you are an Igbo from Delta right ?

In the aftermath of the Biafran war, there was nothing like a genuine reconcilation and that has haunted this country, mostly the Southern part to what is unfolding today.

If there is anything to go by; Psychological warfare has begun in this country just like what is going on between Iran and Israel.

The North has begun to make strategic calculations and given us a clue as to what is to come if the country is finally doomed.

Northerners can be smart and real but a lot of factors are against them including terrain, technology and human capital .

If Dokubo can be smarter and accept reality check as it is to consult the men who saw tomorrow first, then he may begin to earn the trust they trampled on 45years ago.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by ushafe(m): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
there was never a time northerns fought without full support of south-westhers , i pray there should not be war again because the northerns will only see war but they cant war.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by fellory: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
tomakint:

Onlytruth, I am a big fan of your work (good job)! The Igbos will always have my support any time any day, they have been terribly cheated, maligned, and above all marginalized! The truth of the matter is,The Igbos are wiser now, likewise the Niger Deltans, and permit meto say the Core North knows what they are doing and this is no joke. My only headache are Yorubas elite class who will always tilt towards the north, now the question? When will that terrible curse spewed on the Yoruba race be reversed! I am a just a Yoruba guy not a typical one!

You are a bastard.Ask the man who calls himself your father
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by muktarmtt(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
HNosegbe: Another drama. Let's go there!!! *grabs popcorn and chicken*
mumu hw con u take popcorn nd chicken at dsmtime bush boy hahaha

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by tomakint: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
fellory:

Eyaaaaaaaaaa!!! Another one (fellory) bites the dust!
fellory:

Eyaaaaaaaaaa!!! Another one (fellory) bites the dust!
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by M17: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
igbo's and yoruba's should now unite together to liberate republic of south nigeria . start forging together and open eye against this jihadist . draw your border line ,long live south nigeria democratic alliance, IGBO/YORUBA 2012
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by hardbody: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

I sacked mine long time ago, just as the Boko Haram insurgent was springing up cool

I was taught from infancy to trust my dogs more, and honestly, i only retain dogs as security details. The only good Hausa man is a dead one.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by OLASODE2K: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is a pity this faruk is, unfortunately, as ignorant as every other mallam on the street. Everybody who is able to take his/her time to read through the several literatures on the biafran war knows that the whole part of the present day niger delta, which bayelsa is part of, was captured by the famous third marine division under Col Benjamen Maja Adekunle. I don’t know if the black scorpion has changed his state of origin from Ogbomosho [oyo state] to maybe kano just as faruk is trying to portray. Secondly, it is also a known fact that without the Yoruba joining the northerners to ensure a swift victory, it is quite likely the ibos would have defeated the north then because they werent doing so bad in the war against the north until the arrival of the third division which worsen their chances. It is quite interesting that the third division was heavily composed of Yoruba students, artisans, prisoners etc who were given a three-week crash course and thrown into battle six months after the other two hausa-led and populated divisions were fighting hard to find their footing in the war. The northerners were loosing to the ibos as a direct result of massive lack of discipline, use of massed infantry phalanx attacks against ibo machine guns, lack of coordination and poor leadership. They were also fighting a modern war with Uthman Dan Fodio tactics and strategy. The is that the Adekunle division was the youngest and with the highest density of ill trained, poorly experienced yoruba troops but they were willing to learn the hard way on the battlefield. Despite all these frightening limitations, they were able to capture all their assigned sector in record time while the other two hausa led divisions were fighting for survival from extinctions and still went to capture umuahia, owerri and aba which was initially supposed to be captured by the first division under Col Shuwa which was by far was made up of the best trained and most experienced soldiers hausa soldiers of the prewar professional soldiers.
The Adekunle third marine commando division was the last of the three divisions the federal government fielded during the war but was captured more territory from the ibos than the combined territory captured by these called northern professional divisions-first division uner Col Shuwa and second division under Col Murtala Muhammed.
Fellow nairalanders, such was the awesome military northern prowess the faruk cabal wants us to fear. Pls tell him that he the numbers he is quoting wont help him if the just one Yoruba division was able to outperform their vaunted two divisions when they were even least prepared. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by muktarmtt(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
HNosegbe: But seriously, I have to ask, again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NORTHERNERS?
wat d Bleep d u want to knw u wrong wit us bitch ass we r tired of ur madness stop making mouth nd take action if u cnt
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by muktarmtt(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=Desola]These northerners need to be killed off!
[/quote ]Hahaha u guys r funny u jst cnt do dat u try it b4 nd failed even now I granty u history will repeat it self, u cnt mess wit northrners we r born worrious take a look at dis pic.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by MZmuaz: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
i wander how people think sometimes,what gain do u ppl think we all have at end of the day. Well let me use this forum to say ,if we end of going to war , we all going to regret. and west will have long waiting opportunity to exploit us by taking our God given resources. lets think
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Olodostein:

You make very good point here. Unless they step on our toes, will we strike back.

As for the Niger Deltans, they can carry their own cross. I hardly come across any Niger Deltan that defends igbo's like our people like to do for them

Ndigbo, know your priorities. Know your battle.
Olodostein:

Wow. You are making a lot of Sense.

Keep it up!!!!
Olodostein:

Hahahaha.... Another WISDOM. Bros , you be Solomon ooo.

The Niger Deltans think they know how to play politics. It is very evident on Nairaland here by their folks.

Ndigbo know your batttle. Let us all play Politics. Afterall , we are all political animals.

I'm glad a LOT of igbos see the glaring deception . We are not a tribe of f00ls ! Once beaten twice shy . We cannot afford to lose 3million people again for a bunch of snakes who betrayed us last time.

afam4eva: @Mr.chippychappy
I'm forced to agree with you that Igbos should fold their arms and watch a duet between the Northerners and the south-south, but don't you think that Igbos and south-south have been intertwined that it will be very difficult for it not to affect the Igbos. Don't forget that there's a huge indegenous Igbo population in the south-south. Don't also forget that the Efik/Ibibios who were our best friends during the war are also in the south-south. Don't also forget that the south-east Igbo population in the south-south is one of the largest. So, we're gonna be affected just as much as the south-southerners. I foresee a situation where other south-south groups that have been following Ijaws like 1diots as south-south aka Niger Delta will denounce their Ijaw brothers and be looking for new alliances. This is going to be a blockbuster movie with all the intrigues and betrayals. Let's watch and see how events will unfold.
WATCH!!! That's the keyword . That's what Igbos should do this time.

CHESSBOARD:

No!!! Majority of the igbo speaking south south people and the Efik folks supported us back then. The Itsekiri , Urhobo , Isoko , Ijaw sold us out and WOULD DO THE SAME AGAIN. For your information i have seen an Ijaw man say that the Efik and Ibibio are not "core" Niger delta (whatever that means) but that shows you how the so called "core" Niger delta man thinks! Treacherous snakes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke / What Happened To The ALUU 4 Killers? . / Ayiri Emami Welcomes The Olu Of Warri To His Community - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.