Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market (13312 Views)

Buhari To Ban Cattle From Cities And Villages / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by 9javoice1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
By Boluwaji Obahopo
LOKOJA—Kogi State chapter of Miyette Allahi Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, has threatened to withdraw its animals from the state markets over harassment and arrest of its members by the police.
Chairman of the association, Alhaji Shuabu Idrisa, weekend, after a stakeholders meeting between Fulani Ardos and Miyette Allah cattle breeders on problems affecting them, said the threat to withdraw cattle had become necessary following the way security agents were arresting their youths, women and cows in the event of robbery on the highway.
He added that they were made to pay huge sums of money to secure their release, a development, he said, had made some of its members to move to South-West, where they are not harassed or taunted as Boko Haram.
He said: “If there is any robbery on the highway, security agents will swoop on all Fulani settlements in that area and arrest their people, including cows. But when a bank is robbed in town, people of the town are not arrested.
“Also once they see any Fulani man ridding Okada, they will arrest him, calling him Boko Haram and, in the process, extort him.”
He alleged that people always kill any cattle that mistakenly enters their farmland in the area.
Comments are moderated. Please keep them clean and brief.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/188562-fulani-threaten-to-withdraw-cattle-from-market.html
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by 9javoice1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
somebody tell them to pls start it today.

infact they should also move back to their home state until we will miss them and their hiv infected cows.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by PaulJohn1: 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Good for them. Man shall not live by beef alone, but by anything edible and palatable undecided
The problems they cause are more than their beef we eat. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by sonyjacobs(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
na to begin eat goat meat,fish,chicken,turkey,bush meat,etc

10 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
osiso withdraw!

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by PointB: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Do people still enjoy red meat despite the health implications? Well informed people are switching to fish for protein!

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by amosy007: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thank God there are other means.. They can sholve their beef into their boko azz .. Up Fish & turkey
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Freewilly(f): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Where are you going to get suya if the leave, we better beg them ohhhhh. I have to have my suya.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by illuminaty(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
amosy007: Thank God there are other means.. They can sholve their beef into their boko azz .. Up Fish & turkey
...chai....na turkey even mk sense pass
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by born2boink(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wetin concern me, if I don see better EBA with vegetable,I no go even think of meat at all......

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by dasparrow: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
Paul John: Good for them. Man shall not live by beef alone, but by anything edible and palatable undecided
The problems they cause are more than their beef we eat. embarassed

True

PointB: Do people still enjoy red meat despite the health implications? Well informed people are switching to fish for protein!

I wonder oh! I can't remember the last time I ate beef. Its not like I can't afford it but I also think of the health implications eating red meat.

@Post

Make dem carry their cows go. There is chicken, goat, turkey, bush meat and fish to eat and these are healthier options in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by ojochidem(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
They are THIEVES. I have been robbed by 3 Fulani men before and I know what I went through!!!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by jude33084(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
security agents will swoop on all Fulani settlements in that area and arrest their people, including cows

grin I don laugh use ♍♈ BB stir ♍♈ evening pot of soup tongue

Police nor D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ fail grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Saintsquare(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Na wa o,police dey arrest cow.On wat charges? grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by andyanders: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
The best thing that will EVER happen to Nigeria is for these animals called Fulani to go their separate ways from a TRUE Nigerian and Nigeria as a whole. how can any normal human being be walking around with knife/ves stocked in under neat of their gowns and whenever they have little understanding with anybody, they will draw the knife to slaughter the person. Let them go with their cows, animals like them.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by PapaBrowne(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
All the [b]Chicken [/b]farmers in the house say yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
All the [b]Fish [/b]farmers in the house say Yaaaaaaaaaoooooohhhhhh!!
All the [b]Snail [/b]farmers in the house say ehen!!!
Go Chicken, Go Turkey, Go Fish, Go Snail, Go Grasscutter ehen ehen!!!

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Castos(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
okwu nkasi obi. Fowl, turkey, fish, goat, sheep, bushmeet! C'on name them, they're everywhere and are begging and fighting to be the christmas stomach celebrities, and don't forget that the goat is fighting for his title*scapeGoat* grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by wandeay: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
please dont beg them not to do it oooo, because if they beg them, they may start poisoning it, useless fu..cktard fu...la.nis
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Ninapha(f): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Even we in d south, we dont want u pple and ur cow. Always causing accident on d high way with ur danger oriented cow crossing. Fulani must go. Together wit their cow!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by jude33084(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Saintsquare: Na wa o,police dey arrest cow.On wat charges? grin

Őᵑ illegal grazing ΆŋԂ No document Ť☺ show for birth certificates
cheesy˚°◦hahahaha.
<//>.
_\\_

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by moshoodn(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Clowns.
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by ebamma(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
wetin concern me if them withdraw their cow meat,i'm now on chicken meat and goat meat so i dont care
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by not2long(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
SO NO MORE BEAF? undecided kiss

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by illuminaty(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
They shud pls withdraw dier bokoharam infested cow
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Demdem(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
B[b]ut why would security agents arrest cows? Are they nuts?[/b]
Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by illuminaty(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Who knows....dem fit don install time bomb for dose cows system

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by F00028: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
abeg make them settle before some opportunists start importing MAD COW meat, CLONED beef or some other GMF garbage

1 Like

Re: Fulani Threaten To Withdraw Cattle From Market by Fiawest(m): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
......''Also once they see any Fulani man ridding Okada, they will arrest him, calling him Boko Haram and, in the process, extort him....''B4 nko....help Nigeria rid off BH una too go get peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Threatens To Sue IGP Over The Disappearance Of His Accusers / Guber Race: Kogi APC, Oshiomhole-led NWC May Clash Over Method Of Primaries / Nigerian Army To Extend ‘operation Positive Identification’ Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.