Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (122027 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DChamp1: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2014
sifo:
Did they schedule everyone for 8am shoo!! Plus this one dat d invites stated course I hope there won't be a course specific section this year like Ptdf does cus e no go funny at all ooo

hmmm...course based aptitude test won't be a good general test of knowledge for all...and won't be fair to all. it has to be general knowledge test like the previous editions...anyways keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MoyoGENERAL: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
DChamp1:

hmmm...course based aptitude test won't be a good general test of knowledge for all...and won't be fair to all. it has to be general knowledge test like the previous editions...anyways keeping my fingers crossed.
why would it not be Do you think tests on quantitative reasoning will favour someone that studied microbiology or law over one that studied engineering 95% of the times, it WONT!!!! I will prefer a combination of both for the sake of Fairness!!!!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
why would it not be Do you think tests on quantitative reasoning will favour someone that studied microbiology or law over one that studied engineering 95% of the times, it WONT!!!! I will prefer a combination of both for the sake of Fairness!!!!

quantitative, verbal and current and affairs is a general fair test of knowledge exam sir, for both science and art courses not course based tests.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MoyoGENERAL: 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
MacMaster01:

quantitative, verbal and current and affairs is a general fair test of knowledge exam sir, for both science and art courses not course based tests.

Sir, I understand you!! very well!!!
But let's look at it Sir,
this is a scholarship exam for different fields!
Believe me, its not a bad idea to access your intellectual acumen in what you say YOU KNOW.
Till date, I still Salute the moDE of the PTDF postgraduate scholarship exam, Where you'll still need to prove your onions in writing!!!

PRESSID is a big time project which requires a solid and intensive shortlisting procedure to obtain qualified candidates to champion the Nigerians dream!

I feel there is Nothing BAD if what you've mentioned above is COMBOed with SKILL TEST in your chosen fields!!!

Anyway, any selection yardstick they decide to employ, I wish everyone the BEST!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DChamp1: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:

if u understand it that way...and if I should go with your theory, that also means verbal reasoning will not favor someone that studied engineering compared to someone that studied law or others non-mathematical field...Research has it that the best measure of general intellectual ability is to test one abstractly without knowledge of language or maths...PRESSID had incorporated that into the previous editions, like when they asked for road signs n co...cos it doesn't require any educational background to know that...and d quantitative aspect was mostly basic mathematics that everyone had been exposed to in GMat (in the words of our predecessors)... like i said earlier, am still keeping my fingers crossed to the flow of this year's edition.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by rkarang: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2014
Dear scholars,

Any preparatory material for PRESSID aptitude test? A brother needs it
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ode2416pt: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2014
DChamp1:

...and who told you that it is going to be a course based aptitude test?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
ode2416pt:

...and who told you that it is going to be a course based aptitude test?

he just said it because our course was listed in the invitation mail
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
2pm. It is well
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MsAbbyAbby: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2014
11 AM. It is well fellas

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DChamp1: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2014
lolzzz....see as the thread is calm...everyone is in ghost mode now...940 brains are storing plenty information to be utilized on the 8th...all the best pals...wish PRESSID would just sponsor us all and not make us go through this...but such is life...we all have to fight for what we want...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by acjme(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
favoured01:
Please this is for the house, old and new members.
1) Please who knows if we can apply for a course different from the listed courses? Say Msc human resource management or Msc management? Could they be regarded as an allied course to those listed?
2) I read a post above that the award will cover both Msc and PhD. Please how true is this? Because you cannot get to admissions in one university for both degrees.
3) please who is studying for GRE presently? Do you have materials? Are you presently going for classes or u are studying alone?
4) please has anyone applied and gotten admission to the US?
5) for those that get emails pls post here. Anyone with info about the Abuja test center pls let us know.
Please don't ignore, comment if you have information about these questions. Nagode,Ese, Dalu, Thank you

Hi favoured01, just to answer some of your questions:

2) Yes the award covers for MSc and PhD. A friend of mine, who was awarded in the last batch confirmed as well.
After finishing your MSc, based on your performance, PRESSID sponsors your PhD as well.

5) Here is a copy of the mail i received:

Please note that i have asterisked(*) some entries for privacy reasons.

Dear ******* *********
INVITATION TO 2014 PRESSID SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME SELECTION TEST
This is to inform you that following your application for the 2014 PRESSID Scholarship scheme, you have been shortlisted to write a Computer based Aptitude test scheduled to take place as follows:
Venue: CHAMS City PLC, Plot 1288, Ahmadu Bello Way, (Beside GTBank)Area 11 Garki, Abuja.
Date: Monday 8th December, 2014
Time: 8:00AM
Your details include;
PIN/Exam No: ***************
Course: ***********************
Seat No: ***
Please ensure you come along with originals of your credentials;
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Discharge Certificate
First Degree Certificate
Birth Certificate
Valid ID Card, etc.
Cell phones will not be allowed during the test.

The Implementation Committee would NOT be liable for transportation and/or accommodation of candidates to any of the designated test centres.

Thanks and Good luck.

NUC
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Pls let's share ideas. I hv heard that the quantitative is mostly diagramatical aptitude, but there are so many types. Pls can anybody give me some examples of these dat I should focus on. Is it the one with numbers or the one withmissing shapes?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by marqueetim(m): 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
This is a competitive exam read hard and pray.
nnannaidoko:
Pls let's share ideas. I hv heard that the quantitative is mostly diagramatical aptitude, but there are so many types. Pls can anybody give me some examples of these dat I should focus on. Is it the one with numbers or the one withmissing shapes?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
marqueetim:
This is a competitive exam read hard and pray.
lol grin grin grin tell him oh, after d exam we'll know d type of quantitative questions
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2014
@macmaster, I am asking about the past questions, so as to know what to expect in the quantitative. This is a legitimate question. This may be a competitive exam, but we should all try to be respectful. Being a douche does not pay at all, even if you are mr genius.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 26, 2014
nnannaidoko:
Please do well to check page 17 to 19 of this thread. You will be glad you did.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
nnannaidoko:
@macmaster, I am asking about the past questions, so as to know what to expect in the quantitative. This is a legitimate question. This may be a competitive exam, but we should all try to be respectful. Being a douche does not pay at all, even if you are mr genius.
lol this guy. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Thanks @gracepeks. @mcmaster u obviously think dat d world revolves around you. As i said previously, being a douche is not healthy.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by gbadeolu1: 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
I just feel ds exam will b quite easy and cheap for many guys! U wl hear many strange scores unlike before. My prediction!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DChamp1: 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
11days to go...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
nnannaidoko:
Thanks @gracepeks. @mcmaster u obviously think dat d world revolves around you. As i said previously, being a douche is not healthy.
God bless sir
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alalimorgan: 6:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Hey guys! Pls if u av access to PRESSID past questions and answers, I will appreciate if u can send it to my mail bikonu... alalimorgan@gmail.com
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ElDeeVee(m): 7:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Pls, if i can also get d past questions, i will appreciate it...leodane4god@gmail.com
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MoyoGENERAL: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
na wa ooooo....
Past Questions don dey again??
time go reach now, you go hear say, dem dey do TUTORIALS for SuRuLERE on top PRESSID!!!!

Men are really not smiling!!!!

lol

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
na wa ooooo....
Past Questions don dey again??
time go reach now, you go hear say, dem dey do TUTORIALS for SuRuLERE on top PRESSID!!!!

Men are really not smiling!!!!

lol
grin grin grin
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by marqueetim(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Any info whether waec still constitute 30%..i will still av arnd 21-23/30..but i don't think it is a good criteria due to malpractices.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ElDeeVee(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
marqueetim:
Any info whether waec still constitute 30%..i will still av arnd 21-23/30..but i don't think it is a good criteria due to malpractices.
u re right bro....they shld just use d test 100%

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DChamp1: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
marqueetim:

Has PRESSID given out their criteria for final selection?...I wish they can just make the selection criteria open to all, to help clear this issue of 30% WAEC?...the previous edition guys talked about it, but were not sure...so is it now finally verified as a criteria?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Teexy: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
pls i'd also be grateful if i can get any material as regarding d past question or any helpful material. pls kindly send to tadoxy@gmail.com....thanks
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Useful material will be appreciated as you kindly send it to oluwaseyefakile59@gmail.com. God Bless.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls I will appreciate you sending useful material to nnannaidoko@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (44) (Reply)

Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Direct Entry Admission 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.