Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121689 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
pearlAdams: Lmao...pressID de cause wahala here o. Each time I come here I see u guys viewin dis topic but nt sayin anytin....make una tok na to encourage us.lol. dats d essence of dis forum oooo

Congrats baba! Well done jàré, I think your own case is not about "if" you'll make the list but "when". I've been watching this topic for sometime, but registered few minutes ago to ask some questions due to the opinion someone expressed in a comment. Well done once again Adams, you're lucky already, but Goodluck sir.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
alikwaghe01: @Whizkidy, there is nothing bad having same surname with someone.

Based on how it was written, I don't think it's the same surname that you have with the person, but the same first name and middle name... A very possible, but also very rare & unusual coincidence ...coupled with the fact that that you know the person ...but I can give you "the benefit of doubt" sha... Anything is possible, ...although a lot of things are unlikely to happen anyway. But remember, you have nothing to prove to anybody here & you have a right not to/to disclose what you don't wish/wish to disclose. Take care sir
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
I read in the NUC bulletin of monday, 20th August that the number of scholarships will increase from the 100 of this year to 500 next year, although I was surprised to find out from the same bulletin that few people also wrote the test simultaneously at a centre abroad. I was surprised because I thought it was only for graduates of Nigerian universities based on the initially listed criteria, although I don't mind anyway, as long as they're fellow Nigerians. I also thought it was only for people who've completed NYSC, but the bulletin stated that those who can show evidence that they'll complete it within two months were also qualified. But the bulletin didn't specifically indicate if those who miss out on the scholarship this year will still be qualified to get it next year.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
Monday has passed... No info... How on earth can dis thing still work dis year guys.... NDDC nothing, Mobil, Agip ....make I kukuma go pay school fees for UNN do me masters biko. MtShew

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
ijanarado: Monday has passed... No info... How on earth can dis thing still work dis year guys.... NDDC nothing, Mobil, Agip ....make I kukuma go pay school fees for UNN do me masters biko. MtShew

Based on the rate at which things have been done by NUC since the closing date of the application, I expected them to publish it as early as last week monday, but I thought they didn't due to the public holiday, but I still don't understand why it wasn't published today too, I've checked their site so many times today... I guess "I'm just passionately curious"...lol... smiley whatever will be, will be anyway. In my opinion, God's grace is what matters most. If this is "it" for me, I'll be grateful & appreciate, if it's not, I'll understand & still be grateful.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
PhatIon:
Congrats baba! Well done jàré, I think your own case is not about "if" you'll make the list but "when". I've been watching this topic for sometime, but registered few minutes ago to ask some questions due to the opinion someone expressed in a comment. Well done once again Adams, you're lucky already, but Goodluck sir.
Tanx bro, d race is nt to d swift but it is God dat showeth mercy. Am stil prayin 4 favor. I salute everyone who took d test, they r all gud...dats y they qualify 4 d test in d first place. I want to say d statement by Cajetan or wateva is name, is very immatured. I wish every well, let God do His tin

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
pearlAdams:
Tanx bro, d race is nt to d swift but it is God dat showeth mercy. Am stil prayin 4 favor. I salute everyone who took d test, they r all gud...dats y they qualify 4 d test in d first place. I want to say d statement by Cajetan or wateva is name, is very immatured. I wish every well, let God do His tin

Yeah, Thanks too... About the genius, Mr. Cajetan, as for me, I can't really estimate his maturity or say whether he is, or isn't mature just by that single argument he made & I don't know him before now, but I asked those questions in order to find out his premises for making that argument or having that opinion & to see if that argument can be inferred from his premises. I thought he would be bold enough to respond to my questions, although I'm not ready to argue with him or anyone about any opinion they have or express, my response to him if he had replied that he didn't graduate with first class honours would have been as simple as: "I'M NOT SURPRISED" and nothing more than that, but if he's a first class degree holder & wrote that test, it would have been something like: "I'M VERY SURPRISED" but in that case it would not have been limited to that, I may have wanted to ask some more questions and maybe, have a little discussion with him... But since when has it even become necessary for any First class graduate to come to nairaland to get endorsed by Mr. Cajetan? For all those that wrote the test (even if Mr. Cajetan is included) I wish them all the best by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alikwaghe01: 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
@ Cajetan, we're not students. We're graduates! You don't even know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2012
Nigeria had sponsored a reasonable number of ex-militants abroad 4 trainnin(despite d havoc de caused), yet find it dificult to sponsor jst 499 Erudite n promisin young men n women. It won't take me 24hrs, workin alone, to select 100 candidates no matter d criteria for selection. Its over 2wks n Julius(prof) and his committee r yet to mak a decision hmmmmm.de no longer reply mails...any body wit Prof's numba?mayb we nid to start callin..lol

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2012
pearlAdams: Nigeria had sponsored a reasonable number of ex-militants abroad 4 trainnin(despite d havoc de caused), yet find it dificult to sponsor jst 499 Erudite n promisin young men n women. It won't take me 24hrs, workin alone, to select 100 candidates no matter d criteria for selection. Its over 2wks n Julius(prof) and his committee r yet to mak a decision hmmmmm.de no longer reply mails...any body wit Prof's numba?mayb we nid to start callin..lol
same here my brother. For the past two weeks they've not been replying their mail. Its obvious they are manipulating that list. Knowing fully well that most schools will be resuming by second week in september. I wonder when we are going to get it right in this country. Just to select 100 candidates, a selection that ought to have been made public immediately after the exam if they are sincere.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ayamolowo: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2012
was having a serious stomach pain during the test,could only attempt 50 and I scored 35.Guyz, what is my fate?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2012
pearlAdams: Nigeria had sponsored a reasonable number of ex-militants abroad 4 trainnin(despite d havoc de caused), yet find it dificult to sponsor jst 499 Erudite n promisin young men n women. It won't take me 24hrs, workin alone, to select 100 candidates no matter d criteria for selection. Its over 2wks n Julius(prof) and his committee r yet to mak a decision hmmmmm.de no longer reply mails...any body wit Prof's numba?mayb we nid to start callin..lol

Well said. Adams, I agree with you. I also see no reason why they can't grant the scholarship to all the 449 graduates that qualified for it, but if they have to select just 100, I see no reason why they can't grant the other 349 graduates a full (I mean all-expenses-paid) local scholarship as compensation. All of these will not even cost them up to half... wait o, I'm even still exaggerating... not even up to a quarter of the amount they spend on ex-militants (which I guess, runs into billions of naira) annually, although I'm not against the FG for spending money on them as they are fellow Nigerians who are also entitled to a piece of the national cake, what I have a problem with, is prioritization. I think we should begin to ask ourselves some questions in this country: if it's better for our future to spend a lot of money readily on ex-militants but be reluctant to spend it on first class graduates... and which one is better, between encouraging the youth(or other citizens of this country) to be ex-militants or to be first-class graduates... Between agitation(which may lead to amnesty) and hardwork etc. ... I also think that, irrespective of the criteria to be used for selection, selecting 100 out of 449 shouldn't be too difficult to do and shouldn't take this long to do if they set & follow a well defined criteria. It's sometimes funny how things are done in this country anyway. May God help us
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2012
whizkidy: same here my brother. For the past two weeks they've not been replying their mail. Its obvious they are manipulating that list. Knowing fully well that most schools will be resuming by second week in september. I wonder when we are going to get it right in this country. Just to select 100 candidates, a selection that ought to have been made public immediately after the exam if they are sincere.

@whizkidy: As for me, I can't say for now whether they're manipulating or plan to manipulate, because there is no evidence yet but just suspicion. But I also think the list ought to have been released by now to prevent them being suspected or accused of manipulation. But I think there might be something about this whole thing that we probably never knew or don't understand because more unaswered questions keep on coming to people's minds daily. And their sincerity is becoming increasingly questionable. May God help us.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:35am On Aug 29, 2012
ayamolowo: was having a serious stomach pain during the test,could only attempt 50 and I scored 35.Guyz, what is my fate?

@ayamolowo: I'm so sorry to hear that, I sympathize with you a lot because it could have happened to anybody, I'm actually one of those that believe that a single exam is not enough to test people's wisdom, knowledge, ability, aptitude etc. because I believe it takes a series of different exams over a longer period of time than a day to test people's real wisdom, knowledge, ability, aptitude etc. a single exam especially when it involves random questions that are not from one's field may also test few of these skills, but requires much more of being lucky or fortunate, how favourable the questions are to someone based on one's experience, being in a good state of mind & body etc. and several other factors... So, I understand, even if some naive people won't... 35 out of 50 is like 70% accuracy which is not very bad for a proportion (of the number you were able to attempt) & shows that the pain affected your speed much more than your accuracy. ...About your fate, it depends on the general performance & the selection criteria used(that is if it will be based on the general performance or on the performance of those in your area of specialization) and almost everybody that did the test can't independently verify or know these statistics because we don't all know what every other person that did the test scored, but those at NUC will surely know, so I think everybody can still keep hoping till the list is out... If you think your situation is bad, it may surprise you to know that others situation may be worse... How are we even sure that they will not even shortlist more than the 100 for another interview or another phase before the final selection is done? Take care sir. Let us all be hopeful and have faith.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ayamolowo: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2012
@PhatIon,I really appreciate ur sympathy and concern for me.I pray that God will do the best for all of us.I wonder what is keeping the
committee from releasing the result in time.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2012
Well, from the mail I got from Pressid yesterday, they said D̶̲̥̅̊ list is ready buh on D̶̲̥̅̊ presidents desk for approval... So whoeva has link to GEJ pls inform him dat his signatory's holding some pple frm moving ahead.... Anybody to help

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijanarado: Well, from the mail I got from Pressid yesterday, they said D̶̲̥̅̊ list is ready buh on D̶̲̥̅̊ presidents desk for approval... So whoeva has link to GEJ pls inform him dat his signatory's holding some pple frm moving ahead.... Anybody to help

@ijanarado: Nice piece of information,... This "kinda" confirmed my feeling that there may be something more to the delay of the list that we probably didn't know or understand... So, any other person who gets a reply from NUC or any other fresh piece of authentic information should please, endeavour to post it here in order to keep us updated. It'll be greatly appreciated. Well done Mr. Ijanarado, keep it up sir.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
PhatIon:
@ijanarado: Nice piece of information,... This "kinda" confirmed my feeling that there may be something more to the delay of the list that we probably didn't know or understand... So, any other person who gets a reply from NUC or any other fresh piece of authentic information should please, endeavour to post it here in order to keep us updated. It'll be greatly appreciated. Well done Mr. Ijanarado, keep it up sir.
Miss ijanarado plsss. Lol

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
Miss Ijanarado wher r u frm, remember u asked me same. Ur score if u dnt mind. Nice piece of info anyway

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijanarado:
Miss ijanarado plsss. Lol

..Ok ma... I'm sorry for my "error of assumption", well done Ms. Ijanarado smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
pearlAdams: Miss Ijanarado wher r u frm, remember u asked me same. Ur score if u dnt mind. Nice piece of info anyway
Well, I'm from Anambra. D̶̲̥̅̊ most populated in South East scoring 68 oooo. Na God go hear my cry

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijanarado:
Well, I'm from Anambra. D̶̲̥̅̊ most populated in South East scoring 68 oooo. Na God go hear my cry
anambra indigenes are known to be very brilliant. Welldone. What's your discipline?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Ijanarado...God wil favor u my sista..let's kip prayin

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijanarado:

I may be wrong, but I think you may be the lady I spoke with for sometime while waiting for the score SMS after the test, in front of the test venue who told me she scored 68 after receiving her score SMS. Although I didn't know her name & she didn't know mine, we only exchanged information related to PRESSID, I told her my discipline, university etc. and she also told me hers, my priority that day was just PRESSID matters & not really much of socializing...lol... cheesy, but it may just be a coincidence that you have some similarities anyway. But my "educated guesses" are sometimes correct. Let me know if I'm lucky this time or not...lol...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
PhatIon:
I may be wrong, but I think you may be the lady I spoke with for sometime while waiting for the score SMS after the test, in front of the test venue who told me she scored 68 after receiving her score SMS. Although I didn't know her name & she didn't know mine, we only exchanged information related to PRESSID, I told her I was from lagos, my discipline, university etc. and she also told me hers, my priority that day was just PRESSID matters & not really much of socializing...lol... cheesy, but it may just be a coincidence that you have some similarities anyway. But my "educated guesses" are sometimes correct. Let me know if I'm lucky this time or not...lol...

Lol. well I remember I had a long talk wit a "long" guy from ife right??
At pearl studied Electronic Engr. UNN
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
PhatIon:
I may be wrong, but I think you may be the lady I spoke with for sometime while waiting for the score SMS after the test, in front of the test venue who told me she scored 68 after receiving her score SMS. Although I didn't know her name & she didn't know mine, we only exchanged information related to PRESSID, I told her I was from lagos, my discipline, university etc. and she also told me hers, my priority that day was just PRESSID matters & not really much of socializing...lol... cheesy, but it may just be a coincidence that you have some similarities anyway. But my "educated guesses" are sometimes correct. Let me know if I'm lucky this time or not...lol...

@pearl studied Electronic Engr. UNN

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijanarado:
what course did you apply for? Studied same course and applied for Msc nanotechnology

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
cheesy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 12:05am On Aug 30, 2012
ijanarado:

cheesy *JUBILATES* Yesss!!! This means you were the one. It's so good to talk with you again although now on a 'virtual' platform as opposed to the 'real' talk we had. But did you really think I am all that "long"?, I don't usually see it that way o, but let me trust your judgement & take it as a compliment...lol... But you were very lively too despite the tension & pressure we were under (expecting our test results) when we were talking, I actually thought we chatted or talked for a short period relative to what I consider a long talk, but that may mean I'm quite talkative... Lol cheesy I just hope that I didn't bore you too much. Anyway, the conversation was worth it... *shifts attention to the others reading* for those of you reading & thinking that I may be trying to, or actually "setting P" with Ms. Ijanarado, I think you're WRONG, despite our conversation that day, we actually didn't exchange our names (like I mentioned earlier) or contact details, Ms. Ijanarado can bear me witness, and even up till now, we don't have each other's contact details, all I've said so far has been descriptive of what actually happened, and all I've said has been the truth & nothing but the truth. It was just fate that made us meet here again and to be actually able to identify ourselves after checking here for weeks and not even being able to identify ourselves for so long until the informative clues came up from the chat here. So don't let your mind be dirty...lol... Although I'm still very single, I'm happily single and I'm happy with my marital status for now and I want to remain happily single till I'm ready and old enough to bear relationship palaver...lol... I'm still too young to play with my "heart" and expose it to any damage ...lol... PRESSID all the way smiley

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2012
whizkidy: what course did you apply for? Studied same course and applied for Msc nanotechnology
My dear it's not by course anymore for me. Cos it's obvious I can't meet up wit Edinburgh (signal processing nd Communication). Nothing. Nothing. Applied late to imperial. So....

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
y is prof okojie claimin dat d exam was written by peeps from 2009/2010 n 10/11 wen i saw guyz from 08 all d way bak to 06..hmm...pressid error 101 undecided

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well the latest info I heard is dat GEJ kinda rejected D̶̲̥̅̊ list. Said he wants D̶̲̥̅̊ best 100 whether na from D̶̲̥̅̊ same state or not.... So our wait enlongated. Guys.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.