Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com (7253 Views)

Nigeria League Result Now On Livescore / ,,, / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
Freiburger: I missed those days when Bendel insurance football club of Benin won the WAFU and the CAF cup the same season.

ahhh....the good ol' days
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ayusbobs(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

I like Enyimba....but I'm torn between Kano and Enugu
i like d style of play of kano pillars to rangers. Pillars play more tactically n technically than rangers......dats my own view
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by sambos994(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusbobs:
i like d style of play of kano pillars to rangers. Pillars play more tactically n technically than rangers......dats my own view

Yea....their passing is impressive i have to say
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by scholes23(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
brownlord:

Then the IFFHS are mad and they dont know what they doing, Nigeria do not even go near 10th in Africa and should even be ranked in the world in the first place, which useless 24th, hw did they got there, or league with oldest player in the world, we are Number 1 now if that what they mean

why is it that u always make a fool of urself everytime u make a comment. Remember d last time i told u dat w were declared missin when God was sharin sense 4 every1. I know u reason with ur anus.
Nor be only brownlord, na BROWNGOAT
BRAINLESS TWIG!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Ayoobscom(m): 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
In Nigerian league that a refree can be beaten into a comma..a refree who has not even received last 4 months salary..
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by ZUBY77(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
i have contacted livescore about the issue. Lets hope they respond
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Babaelemu: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
Abeg live score sucks. SPBO WAP dey cover am wella. Sometimes futbol24 too but mostly na full time result them dey update.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by alajor(m): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
There r other web sites that cover nigerian league, soccerstand.com,scorestime.com,wap.spbo.com,futball24.com etc
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Eifeh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusbobs: Is there a section on this forum for NPL where we can talk abt our darling club n get to know more abt our Players,transfers and club history
guy like this page on facebook FUTBALL GALORE for live score update and news about npl. Up rangers up npl
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by AjanleKoko: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

THATS PURE CRAP/LIE 100%... NOT EVERY NIGERIAN IS CORRUPT, DONT TALK RUBBISH. I HAVE SEEN A UNIVERSITY LECTURER WHO REFUSED TO ACCEPT BRIBE FROM HIS STUDENTS, HE BLUNTLY TOLD HIS STUDENTS ALL HIS CHILDREN ARE GRADUATES AND HE DOESNT NEED BRIBE MONEY FOR ANYTHING AND THE SALARY HE RECEIVES IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE... I HAVE SEEN A POLICE GUY THAT REFUSED TO TAKE BRIBE FROM ONE OF OUR VILLAGE CHIEFS TO NAIL AN INNOCENT POOR GUY. I HAVE SEEN MANY HONEST NIGERIANS WITHIN AND OUTSIDE MY STATE OF ORIGIN, COMING ONLINE TO SAY 100% OF NIGERIANS ARE CORRUPT IS PURE BULSHIIIT. MAYBE YOU ARE TOO CORRUPT YOU CAN SELL YOUR MOTHER FOR MONEY, THAT DOES NOT MEAN EVERY NIGERIAN IS LIKE YOU.

What is it with this all caps
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by Pharoh: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2012
It is not just viable to venture into that or the whole process is not feasible and credible so it cannot be listed for now.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by PtBlank: 9:05am On Aug 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

True...but i am talking about local coverage...Nta,ait et al which of course you have to agree is very very poor

Talking about local TV coverage, I did my IT at NTA Ibadan some years ago & I remember very well how we were chased away by fans with stones while preparing our equipment to cover a crucial match between Prime FC & Sunshine in Oshogbo. Taiwo Ogunjobi was also present at d stadium & he advised us to leave when the fans started throwing stones and sticks.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by PtBlank: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2012
mkmyers45:

True...but i am talking about local coverage...Nta,ait et al which of course you have to agree is very very poor

Talking about local TV coverage, I did my IT at NTA Ibadan some years ago & I remember very well how we were chased away by fans with stones while preparing our equipment to cover a crucial match between Prime FC & Sunshine in Oshogbo. Taiwo Ogunjobi was also present at d stadium & he advised us to leave when the fans started throwing stones and sticks. Fans are also part of d problem.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by mystikal(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
when did livescore become a standard for measuring clubs
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by vanvicker(m): 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
They do put it once in a while,cos I can vividly remember that I checked 3sc's result on it recently.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2012
bid4rich: Nigeria is the best league in Africa ke? Na LIE, Na paper work o,
Eygpt league is still best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by purplekayc(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2012
ZUBY77: I can see countries like Algeria, Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, South Africa and Tunisia listed there . I asked this because i read sometime ago that Nigerian league is the best in Africa.

Mods please promote this to the frontpage.

May be our league is not all rhat highly rated after all
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by favouryemmy: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2012
dont know why, but goal.com gives u livescores of NPL matches.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Premier League Not Listed On Livescore.com by dolarpo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
drzed: Livescore.com is not a charity. No matter how strongly NPL is rated, it will need to be commercially viable for them to consider having correspondents who will post minute by minute scores unto the website. This is one thing.

The second thing is reliability and professionalism. The question now is, do we have reliable and professional people in Nigeria willing to visit each match and post updates of scores, cards, etc unto the livescore website? (hint: the answer does not start with letter 'Y').

Having said that, it is not a bad idea for someone to take this as a business 'opporcho' to approach livescore.com and offer his/her services. But it must be commercially viable for both parties. Livescore.com is not obliged to post live feeds of the NPL games simply because of any FIFA, IFFHS or NEPA ranking.

So whoever sees this as a viable business can (and should easily be able to) convince livescore.com that:

1). Nigeria has a large football following and having the local league scores on their website will be useful/profitable
2). Nigeria has the largest (and fastest growing) internet and mobile web market in Africa, so accessibility is not an issue
3). There'll be local companies who will be happy to advertise, if items 1 and 2 above can drive Nigerian traffic to livescore.com
4). The perpetually corrupt NPL and NFA bodies can be approached to subsidise the costs of having web 'correspondents' at each game
5). The proprietors of newspapers in Nigeria should be happy to use RSS to syndicate livescore.com results IF they pay a fee

Omo, if to say I get di time now, business don start be dat o!

Hope someone can take this up. I am a long time fan/user of livescore.com and it wont hurt once in a while to know the scores between Warri Warriors FC vs. Borno Bombers United grin

WORD!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month / See What Germany Coach Joachim Low Was Spotted Doing That Has Gone Viral(photos) / Warri Peace Marathon Kicks Off Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.