Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (105192 Views)

Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / Nigerian Premier League: Why Don't People Watch It? / Nigerian Premier League (NPL) Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ialwaysask: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
Premier League Players Hit Cash Jackpot

Nigeria Premier League players are beginning to hit the mega bucks contrary to hisses and frowns that had hitherto characterised the domestic top flight players remunerations.

The new leadership of the NPL under Davidson Owumi has hinged its priority on welfare of players and Complete Sports finding has revealed that some clubs are already paying as much as N200,000 to their players as monthly salary.

With the 2010/2011 season billed to start this weekend across the country, our close watch on the clubs especially as it affects players monthly take home reveal that Lobi Stars of Makurdi tops the chart of high paying teams.

The 1999 League Champions have abolished payment of sign on fees and have consequently jacked up the players salaries.

The first category of players earn N200,000 as monthly salary while the second category earn N150,000 bringing to N2.4m and N1.8m respectively as players earning in the season.

Heartland of Owerri also comes under this category with players going home with N.2m salary, like in Lobi stars, Heartland of Owerri falls within the category of high paying sides. The first category of the Naze Millionaires players smile home with N200,000 monthly.

Enyimba of Aba which prides itself as the Peoples Elephant rank second among teams with high remuneration index for their players.

The two-time African Champions pay up to N150,000 to their category A players. Kaduna United, at present pay up to N120,000 and plans to increase it to N150,000 come January 2011.

Sharks of Port Harcourt ranks next in the grade. They pay N100,000 to their category A players while Rangers players receive N65,000 as monthly salary.
Kano Pillars category A players earn N100,000 monthly.

Can these salaries give these players the type of opulent lifestyle that mirrors that of players in the EPL?

Source: http://www.nigerialatestnews.com/league-of-money/
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
Good news! Good news!! Good news!!! I can't wait to lay my hands on the new wages. Life ain't gonna be the same. grin
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ialwaysask: 12:53am On Nov 11, 2010
Indeed, one day their salaries will be on par with EPL wages grin grin grin

And NPL will be able to buy in world class players!

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by janiebravo(f): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2010
hey house, can someone please help me with current information on Heartland, Sharks and Gombe UTD clubsides? Tanks
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2010
So with all the mouth, Enyimba is not even the highest paying clubside in Nigeria? grin grin grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by dominique(f): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^ lol abi o. I wonder how salaries of teams like sunshine stars, crown fc, tornadoes etc will be like lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^^

A WHOLE rangers paying their players #65k? and here's an insignificant lobi stars paying more than 100k? what's wrong with some of these eastern clubs self angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:33am On Nov 12, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

A WHOLE rangers paying their players #65k? and here's an insignificant lobi stars paying more than 100k? what's wrong with some of these eastern clubs self angry
euerything is wrong in the south-east. I'm presently playin for a club here in Anambra state but a big thanks to the pay rise. Its a major step forward and pls if anyone has an idea when any big club in 9ja here is offering trials, a brother needs help. I am 5ft 9, a centrè forward, have speed and stamina, use both legs.

2 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

euerything is wrong in the south-east. I'm presently playin for a club here in Anambra state but a big thanks to the pay rise. Its a major step forward and pls if anyone has an idea when any big club in 9ja here is offering trials, a brother needs help. I am 5ft 9, a centrè forward, have speed and stamina, use both legs.

Oh, you need a manager? have you tried to contact Emeka Uwani? he is often heard saying Rangers is looking for new players, why not call him up? you can get his number from Godwin Ekhakhena of Sport splash LTV 8 LAGOS. who knows, you are likely to find a better job, he's also the media personnel to the NPL.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:36am On Nov 12, 2010
honeric01:

Oh, you need a manager? have you tried to contact Emeka Uwani? he is often heard saying Rangers is looking for new players, why not call him up? you can get his number from Godwin Ekhakhena of Sport splash LTV 8 LAGOS. who knows, you are likely to find a better job, he's also the media personnel to the NPL.

He most definitely needs a manager but it won't come cheap as the good ones have media connections and "Abuja" connections which they use to promote & push their players. Many of them go just open office on top the guy head.

Also being simply good ain't enough to get a player signed in open trials (particularly for unknown players). . .the guy gats drop cos the mentality of most of these club administrators & coaches is "the guy nor go remember me when im don make am.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 10:02am On Nov 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

He most definitely needs a manager but it won't come cheap as the good ones have media connections and "Abuja" connections which they use to promote & push their players. Many of them go just open office on top the guy head.

Also being simply good ain't enough to get a player signed in open trials (particularly for unknown players). . .the guy gats drop cos the mentality of most of these club administrators & coaches is "the guy nor go remember me when im don make am.

That's why he should follow my advise.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
Hey honeric, thanks 4 ur reply. I'm at Anambra state. LTV isn't shown here. Pls if u can get his contact, kindly mail it to me at ijeleigbo@gmail.com.
Thanks bro
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

yeh u right pal. Its the Nigerian system, you must be connected to get to the top but you know what, i don't believe in that school of thought. I'm not scared of any trials because you know why, i'm a gifted footballer. I got speed and strength on pitch. I trained those qualities in me.
Inspite of all the connections, few people who are j.J.C, who don't know a soul still get picked on merit. I'm looking out for trials from any big club. If anyone shows up don't hesistate to let me know.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Hey honeric, thanks 4 your reply. I'm at Anambra state. LTV isn't shown here. Pls if u can get his contact, kindly mail it to me at ijeleigbo@gmail.com.
Thanks bro

i don't have his number, you can search his name on facebook.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2010
my bad. He's not on facebook. Just keep me in touch incase u come across his contacts
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by honeric01(m): 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2010
He's on facebook, search well.

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Dailiesroom: 5:19am On Nov 16, 2015
Nice one check this out; Enyimba FC Players Salary and Current Contract Details to see more.
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
imagine ,I am here submitting CV up and down , when I am gifted in playing soccer .abeg any manager should ring me up .....left footer , speed , strength plus brains to play .
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by tck2000(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2019
Ialwaysask:
Indeed, one day their salaries will be on par with EPL wages grin grin grin

And NPL will be able to buy in world class players!
For hope
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Memberclub(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
tck2000:
For hope
why are you quoting old post from 2016?
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by tck2000(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Memberclub:
why are you quoting old post from 2016?
Any problem with that?

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by Memberclub(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
tck2000:
Any problem with that?
Yes
Re: Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. by tck2000(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Memberclub:
Yes
So what's your problem?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.