Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Your Honest Advice Is Needed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Honest Advice Is Needed! (908 Views)

Naija Market Place: Your Honest Opinions Needed On These Products / I Need Your Honest Advice On What How To Earn Money Online / Am Looking For A Business To Start Pls Your Honest Advice Is Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hello my people,i need your honest advice.someone gave me a shop in a shoping complex in ibadan for free for a year after which i'll start paying.my problem is i don't know what i can do there that will get me some cash everyday.i'm jobless but i know about web design,bulk sms,computer repairs.all i have is my laptop! Pls advice me on what to do.thanks
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
What specific skills do you have?

What do you really enjoy doing?

Have you thought about selling brazillian wigs and bleaching cream?

Where in Ibadan are you? Are you next to a uni?
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
I do design website,bulk sms portal,am also good with computer graphics n computing in general.i'm vry good at marketing, i don't lk sittn dwn in one place! The shop is close to eleyele,lk #50 bike frm eleyele to d shop! More useful advice pls
obowunmi: What specific skills do you have?

What do you really enjoy doing?

Have you thought about selling brazillian wigs and bleaching cream?

Where in Ibadan are you? Are you next to a uni?
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
payne4real: I do design website,bulk sms portal,am also good with computer graphics n computing in general.i'm vry good at marketing, i don't lk sittn dwn in one place! The shop is close to eleyele,lk #50 bike frm eleyele to d shop! More useful advice pls

Sitting down is not the issue but is there a need for the product or service you have to offer. You should fill a need and not just start a business for the sake of it.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
What do people in that community need.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by AjanleKoko: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerians need advice on everything sha embarassed
Which school to go, what course to study, which business to do, which wife to marry, which country to live in

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
AjanleKoko: Nigerians need advice on everything sha embarassed
Which school to go, what course to study, which business to do, which wife to marry, which country to live in

Na wa o.

He sounds like a young chap that's been giving an opportunity. I highly doubt he has honed in on any of his skills. That's probably why he's scouting for advice.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by AjanleKoko: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
obowunmi:

He sounds like a young chap that's been giving an opportunity. I highly doubt he has honed in on any of his skills. That's probably why he's scouting for advice.

He should sublet the shop to someone who needs it, and pocket the change. Shikena.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ok.i'll have to look around then.what i notice about the area - the area is a residencial area,there are also private schools,worship centers and shoping complex scartd around d area!
obowunmi:

Sitting down is not the issue but is there a need for the product or service you have to offer. You should fill a need and not just start a business for the sake of it.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Two good head are better than one
AjanleKoko: Nigerians need advice on everything sha embarassed

Na wa o.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by chemashie(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
If to say i see u now now, i for slap that damn laziness outa ur life. With dos skillz u professed to possess yet u don‘t kno ao to make use of it ehn? Ok, look for area where there‘s printing press operators or lithographers and utilise the graphic/ computer skillz fast fast.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
That do'nt look gud to me.i said that am nt doing anything at the moment.but i do av a bulk sms!
AjanleKoko:

He should sublet the shop to someone who needs it, and pocket the change. Shikena.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Good one. But what will his actual profit margin be when he collects rent and then has to also pay the owner of the shop too.

Well OP, keep your day job and try subletting. Wahala go dey sha the month the worker no pay.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by Ejiogbe(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hello pay4real,
You already have businesses on your hands.Search for those who need the services you can offer and satisfy them.Sit down, plan and organize a serious campaign on these services that you can offer and you you have cash streaming in daily. Common, shine your eyes and do something.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by AjanleKoko: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
obowunmi:

Good one. But what will his actual profit margin be when he collects rent and then has to also pay the owner of the shop too.

Well OP, keep your day job and try subletting. Wahala go dey sha the month the worker no pay.

He has it for a year for free. He can chop the year's rent, and then try to negotiate a percentage on the next year's rent for the actual owner. Effectively becoming the owner's agent or caretaker.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thanks bros,the problem i av is wit d distance of d shop from my house.i'll be spending around 500 on transportation daily.that is what im afraid of.
Ejiogbe: Hello pay4real,
You already have businesses on your hands.Search for those who need the services you can offer and satisfy them.Sit down, plan and organize a serious campaign on these services that you can offer and you you have cash streaming in daily. Common, shine your eyes and do something.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
AjanleKoko:

He has it for a year for free. He can chop the year's rent, and then try to negotiate a percentage on the next year's rent for the actual owner. Effectively becoming the owner's agent or caretaker.

Good point. Good point.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP: if you don't have the capital, try subletting. Make some money, have savings, and gather yourself together.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
Well,can i ask a question here...if ur d one that gave me the shop for free and u find out dat i sublet it,what will u do or think abt me? Pls be honest.
obowunmi:

Good point. Good point.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
payne4real: Well,can i ask a question here...if ur d one that gave me the shop for free and u find out dat i sublet it,what will u do or think abt me? Pls be honest.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by AjanleKoko: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
payne4real: Well,can i ask a question here...if ur d one that gave me the shop for free and u find out dat i sublet it,what will u do or think abt me? Pls be honest.

Well . . . I would think, smart dude. But then again, as a Nigerian, I would prolly beef you and kick myself, cos you did what I should have done in the first place.
You all see why handouts are killing the country grin
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by oladipo500: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
I wonder why you are seeking for advice when you can simply commence school lessons now that sch is on break this can even grow into a school soon.
But if you are interested in making $40/day as I do send your email to 08083875144.
Good luck.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Good! I can't do that to the man. Any other option!
AjanleKoko:

Well . . . I would think, smart dude. But then again, as a Nigerian, I would prolly beef you and kick myself, cos you did what I should have done in the first place.
You all see why handouts are killing the country grin
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by payne4real(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
payne4real: Hello my people,i need your honest advice.someone gave me a shop in a shoping complex in ibadan for free for a year after which i'll start paying.my problem is i don't know what i can do there that will get me some cash everyday.i'm jobless but i know about web design,bulk sms,computer repairs.all i have is my laptop! Pls advice me on what to do.thanks
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by AjanleKoko: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
payne4real: Good! I can't do that to the man. Any other option!

Unless you have goods to sell, what do you need a store for? All your bulk sms worreva, you don't need a storefront for that, at least not a physical one.
And you need to engage your benefactor. If all you need is capital, why wouldn't he let you sublet his property? He's willing to let you have it for free, isn't he?

You go to him and tell him that is what you want to do, i.e. lease out the shop for a year, and you get a commission of the rents. You can pitch to him that you would manage the property for him as a caretaker. The idea is for you to raise money so you can invest in some other business, and not just to leech off his property. He will likely say no (due to Nigerian mentality), but he might just say yes.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by BAAD(m): 3:02am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by obowunmi(m): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2012
OP pls don't fall for any scam. Best wishes.
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by yamakuza: 6:41am On Aug 15, 2012
payne4real: I do design website,bulk sms portal,am also good with computer graphics n computing in general.i'm vry good at marketing, i don't lk sittn dwn in one place! The shop is close to eleyele,lk #50 bike frm eleyele to d shop! More useful advice pls

payne4real: Ok.i'll have to look around then.what i notice about the area - the area is a residencial area,there are also private schools,worship centers and shoping complex scartd around d area!

BUSINESS CENTER! BUSINESS CENTER !! BUSINESS CENTER !!!

hope u can source for a photocopy machine?
Re: Your Honest Advice Is Needed! by Vismat(f): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
operate a business center, sell recharge cards and if u have a freezer at home, take it to the shop and sell stuffs like bottled water, can drinks and chilled bags of purewater for hawkers to buy in bulk from u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Small Business Partner In Nigeria / What Business Can I Do With N10,000 Capital In Nigeria? Any Idea? / What Are The Stocks To Buy Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.