Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Dragons' Den's Doug Richard To Help Nigeria Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dragons' Den's Doug Richard To Help Nigeria Business (1041 Views)

Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. / Mko Abiola's Daughter Bags £100,000 Deal At Dragons Den Uk / Dragons Den $$$$$$$$$ (Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dragons' Den's Doug Richard To Help Nigeria Business by omo9ja1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19253291

UK businessman and former reality TV star Doug Richard has launched an initiative in Nigeria to help young entrepreneurs set up businesses.

"There's everything from web start-ups to snail farms going on," he told the BBC's Newsday programme.

The former judge on the Dragons' Den show said he hoped to help 1,250 people set up businesses in a scheme funded by the Nigerian and UK governments.

The West African state is plagued by chronic poverty and unemployment.

Mr Richard said his School for Startups would help young entrepreneurs in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.

"Nigeria has the potential to be Africa's entrepreneurial superpower," he said.

Mr Richard said he was looking forward to working in Nigeria, Africa's most populous country with some 160 million people.

"It's the single most diverse group of opportunities I shall ever see in my life," he said.

"I'm hoping that the vast majority of the 1,250 [people earmarked for training] start up businesses and that business is on the way to some kind of success."

He said the Nigerian government had set aside $15m (£9.5m) to help entrepreneurs open businesses.
Re: Dragons' Den's Doug Richard To Help Nigeria Business by omo9ja1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
nice move i would saysmiley
Re: Dragons' Den's Doug Richard To Help Nigeria Business by dianusoul(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
please, let me know, how can one benefit from the scheme. details of the program please.

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way To Riches( No Start Up Capital Required) / Tragedy: Mile 1 Market In Port Harcourt Is On Fire / Diamond Bank Rewards Customers In Special Year-end Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.