Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. (2518 Views)

Mko Abiola's Daughter Bags £100,000 Deal At Dragons Den Uk / Dragons Den $$$$$$$$$ (Nigeria) / What "DRAGONS DEN" Has Taught Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
ome people think the Dragons really made their money by appearing on the show

London - A Nigerian entrepreneur has appeared on Dragon's Den, a reality television programme in which budding entrepreneurs get three minutes to pitch their business ideas to five multi-millionaires willing to invest their own cash.

The eloquent young man who introduced himself as Pastor Jonah, wanted two hundred and fifty thousand pounds to start a new Pentecostal church, and promised returns of 500% within the first three years.

Producers of the series described the recently filmed episode as featuring the most incredible idea ever brought to the show.
They said of the Nigerian entrepreneur, “He was very confident and very smartly dressed in an Armani suit. He was charismatic and extremely knowledgeable of the Bible, and he appeared to have really done his research.”

His opening line was, "Brothers and sister, the Lord has brought me here today to tell you that there is no business like church business."

In the episode which will air next season, the entrepreneur defends his business case by presenting data gathered from churches in Nigeria where he plans to setup his own church.
In a tense moment when he is being grilled by[b] Theo Paphitis, he asks the Dragons a rhetorical question, “How many of you own private jets?”

"You don't want to miss this one,"[/b] a member of the production crew told us. She however declined to comment on the outcome of the pitch, saying instead, "Let's just say, the Dragons know a good investment when they see one.”

http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Nigerian-man-goes-on-Dragons-Den,-wants-money-to-start-a-church.
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by DankemzI(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Churches has turned to bussiness centres? Jesus will not be happy atall
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by JameyMaxwell(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Now-a-days, Pastors have turned to Ceaser.
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Ujawissy: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
I remember when we walk among men,telling lies,cheating,lord give him ur strength today and show him ur way.
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by pato405(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2013
It's a lucrative business. High returns on investment!
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 22, 2013

Praise Jesus, brethren!
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Chazzyboy: 6:49am On Dec 22, 2013
Have mercy father
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by sammoe(m): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2013
As valid as the fellow's observations are, it is sad. It is sad that many churches are essentially businesses, not in the sense of requiring dedication or seriousness but as a commercial venture. Akin to the sole proprietorship models. The names God & Jesus are used as subconscious validators to lure the ignorant and foolhardy.
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by LBanks(m): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2013
So all he is interested in is the tithes and offerings? Let these churches learn a clue from the likes of Apostle Chibuzor Nwankwo of Omega Power Ministry (OPM) worldwide,lots of charity work and donations to the poor. That is what churches are meant to be doing. Later now people like this one will stand up tomorrow and start throwing stones and passing judgement at other people (fellow christians like the catholic church) and also amassing a lot of wealth for themselves from their congregation, instead of focusing their attention on winning souls for God. Anyway i don't blame him, afterall so many Nigerians are vulnerable because they like deluding themselves.
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Holuphemmy93(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Modern-day churches now turn d surest investment
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Holuphemmy93(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
All you church freaks,its better you watch out for pastor Jo and his likes else d latter pennury shal be greater than rhe former poverty# my 1kobo coin
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Youngsage: 5:07am On Dec 23, 2013
LBanks: So all he is interested in is the tithes and offerings? Let these churches learn a clue from the likes of Apostle Chibuzor Nwankwo of Omega Power Ministry (OPM) worldwide,lots of charity work and donations to the poor. That is what churches are meant to be doing. Later now people like this one will stand up tomorrow and start throwing stones and passing judgement at other people (fellow christians like the catholic church) and also amassing a lot of wealth for themselves from their congregation, instead of focusing their attention on winning souls for God. Anyway i don't blame him, afterall so many Nigerians are vulnerable because they like deluding themselves.
Ok. The OPM you mentioned, where dud he get the money he is donating from, is it church money or his money?
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by LBanks(m): 7:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Yes it is church money and i like what he is using it for, he is using it for the right purpose (not misplacing priorities). Do you have a problem with him using church money for charity??
Youngsage:
Ok. The OPM you mentioned, where dud he get the money he is donating from, is it church money or his money?
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by suxes2005(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2013
FP material. I can't imagine the picture this man has painted all
Nigerian churches in the face of investors.

Church on the tank!

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Youngsage: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
LBanks: Yes it is church money and i like what he is using it for, he is using it for the right purpose (not misplacing priorities). Do you have a problem with him using church money for charity??
Lol, not my headache. And its also church money that got all the stretch hummers and limosines he cruises in, right?
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by LBanks(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Youngsage:
Lol, not my headache. And its also church money that got all the stretch hummers and limosines he cruises in, right?
If you don't have anything reasonable to say, shut up
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by mayor4(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
For front page!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by EnterPRO: 12:27am On Dec 24, 2013
waiting for the video
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by moshoodn(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2013
Christ, let thy kingdom come....
Re: Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. by Eobiabo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
mods where art thou...

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Elotpayment.com Not A Scam? / How To Create Bitcoin Account And Fund It Here In Nigeria. / Affiliate Marketing 2018 - Free Training!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.