Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

From PHCN, With Love…… - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From PHCN, With Love…… (30303 Views)

Handle With Love / A Story By Kayode Odusanya: From Nigeria With Love / From The Ghetto With Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Saintsquare(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: Wow! S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ much feedback! I certainly didn't expect this amount of reaction when i posted †ђξ story; didn't think it was Ĝσσδ enough.

I wish I could reply each of Ɣ☺ΰ individually but that would take forever! I'♍ grateful for †ђξ response, †ђξ feedback. Tells ♍ƺ if i'm getting it right or not. Again, ♏v̶̲̥̅ gratitude.

@Those who like it: †̥ђãΠkڪ a million. Ɣ☺ΰ may not know how Ĝσσδ it makes ♍ƺ feel †☺ know i've made someone smile, makes ♍ƺ feel like a million bucks! †̥ђãΠkڪ for taking time out †☺ read that epistle; I know it'S̶̲̥̅ quite long! I'♍ thrilled †☺ know Ɣ☺ΰ enjoyed i†̥ αϞδ for taking time out †☺ express how Ɣ☺ΰ feel about †ђξ story.......God bless Ɣ☺ΰ!

@Those who DON'T like †ђξ story: Well, of course, Ɣ☺ΰ have Ɣ☺ΰr reasons, which i respect. If Ɣ☺ΰ've spotted anything wrong with ♏v̶̲̥̅ style or grammatical structure ot anything, please let ♍ƺ know. I posted this story here not just †☺ make people laugh but †☺ learn ƒ®☺♏ people who can help make ♍ƺ a better writer. Ɣ☺ΰ A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ equally important αϞδ i never fail †☺ keep that i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ focus.

@Those who thought it was too long! Yes, I know. Even I thought i†̥ was rather long. But i'♍ afraid, if i had †☺ shorten i†̥, i might never have posted it; i'♍ that critical of ♏v̶̲̥̅ own work. Sorry if Ɣ☺ΰ couldn't take time out †☺ read i†̥ all. I'll try †☺ make †ђξ next one shorter!

@mpkologwu (sorry if I misspelt, typing on a blackberry for S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ long can get quite annoying!), if Ɣ☺ΰ think I'♍ poking fun @ Igbo people, Ɣ☺ΰ're wrong. Might interest Ɣ☺ΰ †☺ know ♏v̶̲̥̅ mum Ȋ̝̊̅§ Igbo, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ †ђξ last thing I would do Ȋ̝̊̅§ make fun of ♏v̶̲̥̅ own people or any other people α† all.

@all, for taking time out †☺ even read †ђξ title of †ђξ story......I wish I could reward Ɣ☺ΰ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ some way but since I can't, i leave that †☺ God. Again, †̥ђãΠk Ɣ☺ΰ all. †ђξ response has been invaluable. Hope †ђξ story has made Ɣ☺ΰя day better αϞδ has been worth Ɣ☺ΰя while reading it.
Make it longer next time jo,don't mind those thwarts.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Decryptor(m): 8:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Good story but smells of tribal bigotry!
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2012
I had a good start of d weeknd by reading this rib cracker this mawnin. Thumbs up to u men. This will tentahook any mofo, it is a wonderful script.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2012
Decryptor: Good story but smells of tribal bigotry!
Commend the good work and farsake the tribal marks on yr face 4 once. This is an entertainin write up and more or less a fiction the writer only tried to add flavour wt tribal references. U sure dont know d literal meaning of Bigotry..
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Ishilove: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:
If Ɣ☺ΰ've spotted anything wrong with ♏v̶̲̥̅ style or grammatical structure ot anything, please let ♍ƺ know. I posted this story here not just †☺ make people laugh but †☺ learn ƒ®☺♏ people who can help make ♍ƺ a better writer.
Edit your work and get rid of the typos because anything worth doing is worth doing well. If us writers want to get better, we should imbibe the culture of discipline when writing. I am still struggling with it myself too becos its very easy to be lazy and make excuses. Manually proof read it again to weed out the errors, and keep going over your work because as you do, you will keep on finding ways to improve on it (I'm speaking generally now).

Take note of your grammatical usage.

For God's sake, separate your foot note from the main body of the work becos it sort of throws the story out of sync by reading like its a PART of the work.

There is nothing wrong with your style. As a writer, your style should be your unique signature. What you can do is fine tune it, but personally I feel your style is A-okay.

You are very talented and you will go places if you maintain this momentum and keep writing. Talent is like a blunt knife; it won't be much use to you if you don't hone it.

1 Like

Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by snthesis(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2012
very nice. keep it up
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2012
Ishilove:
Edit your work and get rid of the typos because anything worth doing is worth doing well.

For God's sake, separate your foot note from the main body of the work becos it sort of throws the story out of sync by reading like its a PART of the work.

There is nothing wrong with your style. As a writer, your style should be your unique signature. What you can do is fine tune it, but personally I feel your style is A-okay.

You are very talented and you will go places if you maintain this momentum and keep writing. Talent is like a blunt knife; it won't be much use to you if you don't hone it.

@Jap dude, you should note that, bro. You did awful good, man. If you cleaned it up a little, you'll be soaring. And editing is a damn sight easier than creating too cheesy
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by cyprianjr(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2012
@ senbonzakura_kageyoshi: You should have seen me laughing @ the airport. Keep it up.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Wadosky(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2012
Loooool I can't stop laughing but really ,the I gbo accent has every right to complain cos he paid for the service,ur only job is to calmly explain to him n apologize no matter how many times u r made to do it.Your bosses grievance should be directed to the landlord and PHCN.To make matters worse,he can be prosecuted for assault with dangerous weapon or even attempted murder but no worries ,this is naija he will escape it.
To OP,you just have to look elsewia for another job or pray phcn improves on the supply of power cos ur oga has gone slightly insane hmmmmm that matchet.
You really over stressed the igbo accent,I like the guy for standing up against ur oga while other cowards sat back and watched dia rights stripped off dem.
Nice write up,thumbs up
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by stanleysneak(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2012
na wash.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2012
[quote author=Ishilove]
Edit your work and get rid of the typos because anything worth doing is worth doing well.

[/quote/

Thanks a lot for that, i've taken note of everyone of them and will try †o make sure that my next work reflects that. I think I've come †o see how important it is to manually proof read work before putting it before the public instead of relying extensively on software. If i had learnt to manually proofread my work, maybe the missing Microsoft Word wouldn't have been a problem.

@Ihedinobi, (lol, me? Jap dude? I'm as Nigerian as you are o! Maybe even blacker, i'm quite dark!) Noted every point and will make sure to improve in my next work.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Tonniey(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2012
U wont believe dat i laughed until tears comot from my eyes. I really enjoyed ur write up. U re tallented, keep it up guy
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2012
@senbonzakura_kageyoshi

I know y'are, man. Just poking some fun atcha grin Anyway, why wait for the next work? Just edit this current one. You'll be amazed what it does to you. I write so I can tell you confidently that it'll put the spin in your wheels for the next work when you do it.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by gentlegg(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2012
@ Poster
I can't remember the last time i laughed so loud with tears in my eyes alone in my office. Man this is one of the most funniest story i've read on nairaland. That's why i love nairaland, it makes me laugh a lot. Thumps up poster, i reaaaallllllllyyyyyyy love this.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by mykejones(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2012
Guy..i jus have to comment again,u totally got me.
No worry..i edited the few typo/grammatical errors for my head. They weren't much tho.
Congratz dude..beautiful,beautiful writeup!
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by omoobanla(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2012
Waooo, U will be a Great story writer if there is someone in the field to nurture u up properly. Perhaps u can be a very good tools for NIGERIA MOVIE MAKER.

Thumb up for u, though there are few up and down somewhere.

I really like ur story though, u make my day.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by BeraBera(f): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2012
@POSTER: May God richly bless your talent and lift you to greater heights through this, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ I pray, AMEN!
I used to be this creative and imaginative while I was younger, but now, office work no gree me write again, nothing spoil shaa.
I remember vividly how my imagined essays used to fetch me A's in English/Literature in school back in the days, while my mates were busy writing "true life story" and scoring C/D/E at the end.

I advise you to liaise more with this ISHILOVE lady. She seems to know much. She can be of help to you. God bless you real good.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2012
This is a very good piece. You might need to further explore the short story genre of Literature. Welldone!
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by melomelo: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2012
PHCN is better now, at least we have daily now kudos to FGN
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by guseman(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Poster

I just received this your write up from my yahoo mail box though your name was there too, never knew it was from NL! Keep it up. Your story made me forget the money on my mind. thumbs up!
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by DrSmooth1: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hilarious story there.Don't mind the typos bruv,be like Amos Tutuola jare.Keep it up.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by MariaGoretti: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
It was lyk seein a movie...i culd visualise almost everypart and i laughed out so loud........ U r gifted my dr..! Keep it up.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by dgitrader(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
wowwwwwww. this is the most hilarious piece I've ever read on the internet. @poster.... u r a true genius.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by frank317: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
I wll like to meet u and b ur frend. U sound like a fun guy to drink couples of bear wit. Ur sense of humor is off the hook
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by eghost247(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
hahaha from phcn with love
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by Wylout: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nice!!!

Bankai!!!
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by suncity: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
Exagerated or not...My eyes still de full of tears ....I no fit control my laughter...
This is so hilarious, humorous and..... I STILL DE LAUGH..
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
Wylout: Nice!!!

Bankai!!!

lol.Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi! cheesy
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by soloqy: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
mkpologwu: OP, d beauty salon lady was right to label u warever/fworse cos it reflects so much in ur write-up!

I can hear ur own accent loudly from ur write-up, so shut d hell ur mouth or cut d hell ur filthy fingers/ warever crap about 'igbo accent'!!!

Its not everything that you bring tribal sentiments into. Get a sense of humour dude...
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by soloqy: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
Decryptor: Good story but smells of tribal bigotry!

No it doesnt. Its creative writing. I can Imagine this happening, and infact, the whole story is like dejavue to me. Just as if I have witnessed such somewhere before.
Re: From PHCN, With Love…… by soloqy: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
tonmandy: THIS IS RUBBISH. ARRANT NONSENSE. THE WRITER MUST BE A TALKATIVE. I WONDER WAT SOME PEOPLE GAIN IN WRITING LONG STORIES. STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. NOBDY WIL VE TIME TO FINISH DIS RUBBISH. I TRIED ND STOPPED HALF WAY. ANYWAY,HE IS USING A FREE NET TIME.MTTSHEW

On the contrary, most found it engaging enough to read it to the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / New Completed Stories 18,+romance & Actions / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.