Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? (10733 Views)

Is A Car A Necessity? / Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by DANILSA(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2012
Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not, a lot of factors determines our personal answer. Eg someone driving aston martin dragon 2012 model, phantom 2012 model,bentley 2012 model and porsche 2012 model in nigeria[politicians no follow] can be said to be prosperous, can u also say someone driving a bitus 1965 model and sleeps in the mechanic has prospered?No.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by chucky234(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2012
Naija mentality in play mode
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Jerry2i(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2012
locust01: Having a car is not a sign of prosperity from where i come from but u being able 2 have a house of your own. Car is just a secondary.
seconded

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by holysina(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
You should know by now that i'm not that type that get turned on with things like that. grin grin

if u never looked, how come you quoted him??
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2012
To a Blackman, it is.

To an Oyinbo man, it is not.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by chucky234(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2012
DANILSA: Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not, a lot of factors determines our personal answer. Eg someone driving aston martin dragon 2012 model, phantom 2012 model,bentley 2012 model and porsche 2012 model in nigeria[politicians no follow] can be said to be prosperous, can u also say someone driving a bitus 1965 model and sleeps in the mechanic has prospered?No.
I have a friend who live in a single (self contained) apartment,got not more than N100,000 in his GTB bank account yet owned a 2003 Toyota Avalon worth N1,600,000. Going by your analysis of properity can you possibly say my friend is properous?
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2012
holy sina:
if u never looked, how come you quoted him??
of course i looked but was not turned on because that's one of my cars he just posted out there grin grin grin
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by chucky234(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
of course i looked but was not turned on because that's one of my cars he just posted out there grin grin grin
This German man sef,so every car wey dem post na one of your cars,cars reach 100 for your garage be that oooo.
Guy stop to dey lie for here oooo
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by FlyboyZee: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2012
@All, whether you agree or not, whether BRF said it or not. OWNING A CAR IS A VERY GOOD SIGN OF PROSPERITY.
Even in the US, UK and other advanced and developed countries, it is not everybody that owns a car.

Now consider this scenario:
You were trekking and hustling down bikes (okadas/achabas) public buses (danfos/molues/bolekajas, etc) and taxis (oko ashewos/cabbies), you have been drenched many times by the rain while you were waiting for bikes, taxis or buses or while at the bus stops, taxi ranks or okada points, and also beaten silly by the hot sun especially around 2-3pm on a regular sunny day, then you will appreciate that owning a car is indeed a sign of prosperity. Have ever had an emergency to move in the dead of the night? you will wish you owned that 1945 VW Beetle you despise so much.
Owning a car anywhere in the world is a luxury, irrespective of where you live.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: This German man sef,so every car wey dem post na one of your cars,cars reach 100 for your garage be that oooo.
Guy stop to dey lie for here oooo
so you 're too old to understand simple jokes. Now lets stay on topic.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by tosynee1(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Is nt really a sign of prosperity just a state of mind dat speaks volume
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:

Hahahahahaaaaa... See lie...

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by queensmith: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2012
it depends on how you define prosperity, owning a car isn't a major deal. You can buy any odd banger and drive it about. If fashola really said that he might have meant it in commercial terms. The presence of soo many cars reflect a healthy amount of economic activity.

2 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by megxo(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2012
chucky234: Naija mentality in play mode
ASIN TOO MUCH grin
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by megxo(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2012
wor if u drive a BMW GINA........DEFINE DAT
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2012
saxywale: To a Blackman, it is.

To an Oyinbo man, it is not.

Look at this punkazz. . .How many oyinbo can afford to buy a car OUTRIGHT without mortgage ? I'm sure you know nothing about the system !
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by cobinwayahoo(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2012
Its just a neccesity in naija.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by denny4ril: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy: Many are working for their car and not their car working for them.
LWKMD here OOO!! which one be many are working 4 deir car. I hope u meant dose who collect loans or buy cars on credit for personal and not commercial use grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by double3(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2012
Let having money=A, buying a car =C, & prosperity =B.
We all agree thar if buying car= having money
And having money = prosperity
Therefore having a car= prosperity
proof: C=A, & A=B, therefore form law of equality C=B.
I rest my case!!
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by ask4double(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
who cares?
did u just ask who cares? what planet are u? coz am pretty sure not earth.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by filcast(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2012
If you understand the difference between prosperity and wealth,you will appreciate the argument.Dont mix them up.you can be prosperous without being wealthy.Though both words mean 'rich',you have to gather enough possessions to be wealthy.So fashola is right.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by killuminati(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2012
No
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by omar22(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Icon4s: What type & year model of car ar u talkin abt? Can u say some1 hustling with a 1945 Volkswagen beetle shows prosperity. And can u say Some1 that purchases a 2012 Range Rover HSE sports with other cars parked in his garage doesn't show sign of prosperity?

How much do you think a 1945 Volkswagen beetle would go for?
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
Flyboy Zee: @All, whether you agree or not, whether BRF said it or not. OWNING A CAR IS A VERY GOOD SIGN OF PROSPERITY.
Even in the US, UK and other advanced and developed countries, it is not everybody that owns a car.

Now consider this scenario:
You were trekking and hustling down bikes (okadas/achabas) public buses (danfos/molues/bolekajas, etc) and taxis (oko ashewos/cabbies), you have been drenched many times by the rain while you were waiting for bikes, taxis or buses or while at the bus stops, taxi ranks or okada points, and also beaten silly by the hot sun especially around 2-3pm on a regular sunny day, then you will appreciate that owning a car is indeed a sign of prosperity. Have ever had an emergency to move in the dead of the night? you will wish you owned that 1945 VW Beetle you despise so much.
Owning a car anywhere in the world is a luxury, irrespective of where you live.

You are so OnPoint. Leave them make dem dey decieve themselves, those that say its not a sign of prosperity please continue with your legedez benz the traffic is too much in Lagos road already. We don't want more vehicles on the road.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Tinax(f): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hellll .....Noooooooo..show me your investments and i'll know your worth.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by omar22(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
DANILSA: Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not, a lot of factors determines our personal answer. Eg someone driving aston martin dragon 2012 model, phantom 2012 model,bentley 2012 model and porsche 2012 model in nigeria[politicians no follow] can be said to be prosperous, can u also say someone driving a bitus 1965 model and sleeps in the mechanic has prospered?No.

A car is a depreciable asset no matter what condition it was bought the moment it leaves the show-room it starts to loose its value

a 1965 Bettle is been categories as a classic car, A 1967 Ford Mustang goes for over £100,000 even a brand new one doesnt cost that much
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by omar22(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
I once saw MTV Crib and one thing I noticed was that when they show a Black Singer / Rapper, Sportsman or Celeb they normally have 5 or 6 cars pimped up to the hill, but the Oyinbo with the same equal status or even richer would have onee car may be plus a motor bike, They showed the house of Ludacris he had 6 cars then they showed the house of the lead drummer for the Rolling stones who is much more richer than Ludacris.... Thats when it dawned on me that Black tend to spend more money on depreciable assets! Jay Jay has all the Jeeps and 4x4 in world in his house compared Klinsman who has a Porsche and a 1970 VW Beetle that he ships to wherever he goes.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by sharhim(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Not the number of properties make one prosperious, but self contentment
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by chucky234(m): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
so you 're too old to understand simple jokes. Now lets stay on topic.
Too bad you are too young to spot a joke
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Sike(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yeah. . According to our Nigerian girls. tongue
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by beldcat(m): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
owning a car doesn't necessarily mean prosperity.but it's sign dat you are not too wretched...atleast if u own a car;it means can afford 3 square meals.and have atleast an ''O.K" roof over your head.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Dondbuzor: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yes, in naija environment, having a car is a sign of prosperity.
If u doubt, ask naija babes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Identify A Lagos-based Danfo Driver / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / 10 Simple Car Safety Checks You Should Know How To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.