Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware (16389 Views)

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers / Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware / How Do We Get Rid Of Dubious Agents On Nairaland? Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by kemini(m): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Also, its very easy to know fake land agents,...most, if not all fake land agents, don't have any form of online representation like a website,having a website and displaying or credentials helps a lot to proof and show that you as an agent is open, honest and transperent, also displaying proper permits(where applicable) for the land you want to sell also helps,so please all land agents and Realtors should all go and get a website. For more info on how to setup a standard website for landed properties,rent and house sales,call me on 08038349198,am a web developer and website designer...cheers
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by jasman145: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2013
Hi fellow Naijamen, thank God we have a place to go and verify who is real property agent and who is fake.
I will like to find out about this land which I am interested in buying a plot this week. THE ROSEBERRY ESTATE AT ALAPATI AGBARA, Can some one please let me know if this land is real and the Agent by name TONY LEOMARIO IS REAL OR FAKE.

Thanks and my email is jamesagu288@yahoo.com
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by kemini(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
first, do they have a website and doesn't the agents name appear on the website as the official agent licensed to sell the land, number 2, you can contact the Realtors located at the local govt were the site is located to confirm if the land is for sale and if the agent is real, this will cost a fee for their service, better be sage than sorry
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by kemini(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
first, do they have a website and doesn't the agents name appear on the website as the official agent licensed to sell the land, number 2, you can contact the Realtors located at the local govt were the site is located to confirm if the land is for sale and if the agent is real, this will cost a fee for their service, better be safe than sorry
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by figment232(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
This Property Section is basically just about Lagos State which is not right at all.I suggest that it should be subdivided into different states.
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Decryptor(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
nikkyshyne: I have called and met with osazeyankee twice from this forum. He isn't fraudulent. I only observed he works with a long chain of agents. That is it basically.

Although I didn't get to see the properties he directly advertised but I inspected others through him. undecided

That's Nairaland for you! They blackmail whoever works so hard to sell his product and services by labelling him/her a spammer, scammer or thief! I am not saying that scammers aren't present here on Nairaland but you are rated as one when you try to circumvent the process of purchasing ads and trying to draw traffic to yourself. I won't be surprised if i get a ban for saying this. SMH!
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by Decryptor(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
kemini: first, do they have a website and doesn't the agents name appear on the website as the official agent licensed to sell the land, number 2, you can contact the Realtors located at the local govt were the site is located to confirm if the land is for sale and if the agent is real, this will cost a fee for their service, better be safe than sorry
Hellooooo...anyone can get a website now! So point 1 is off limits. Except for point 2 though
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by propzncribz: 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
Tips to know a good real estate agent or property broker
1. Always gives you value for your money
2. Knows the property that will increase in value as the years pass
3. Knows that pushing a client to buy a property will only push the client away from you.
4. Always on time, doesnt keep the client waiting.
5. Gives good advice that will be of benefit to the client.
6. Does a good job to get recommended by his clients.
7. Has photos of the properties in his phone, ipad, portfolio etc
8. Always tell the truth about light, water or the road situation of a property.
9. Has a complimentary card and office address
10. DOESNT COLLECT 2 YEARS AGENCY FEE WHEN THE CLIENT ONLY PAYS A YEARS RENT.

After all said and done, if you would like me to be your real estate agent and take care of your property needs, dont hesitate to get in touch
Re: Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware by obinnakenedo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
Very interesting post. Thumbs up to the op. Scammers are making property sales difficult these days, cos clients are now scared to buy even when the property is geniue. Though am new in this property/land business. I work with brickwall global investments. We current have lands for sale at our estates in igbesa afta agbara. Saturday n sundays 4 inspections. U can check my profile 4 more info or call me: 08185105562. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Or Moulding Blocks / 11 Questions To Ask When Renting A Property / Does Landlord Have Right To Break And Enter Tenant's Flat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.