Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed (905 Views)

21 Life Lessons From Steve Jobs / Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by yawatide(f): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/aug/14/steve-jobs-home-robbed

More than $60,000 in computers and other property was stolen, police said, but thief didn't know house belonged to the late Apple co-founder

A thief broke into Steve Jobs' house in the high-tech hub of Palo Alto, stealing more than $60,000 in computers and jewelry without realizing he had hit the late Apple co-founder's property, authorities said on Tuesday.

Kariem McFarlin, 35, was charged with burglary and selling stolen property after the break-in on July 17, when the house was vacant during renovations, said Scott Tsui, a Santa Clara County prosecutor.

The burglary came just over nine months after Jobs died in October at age 56 and his Silicon Valley home, about 30 miles south of San Francisco, briefly became a gathering place for fans who left flowers on the sidewalk out front.

McFarlin, who faces a plea hearing on 20 August, did not appear to know the house belonged to Jobs, Tsui said.

"We don't have any evidence to show his house was targeted," Tsui said. "All we know is that it was a random burglary that can happen to people."

McFarlin was arrested on 2 August and held on $500,000 bail, according to Santa Clara County inmate records. There are no indications that the house, which is an English-country style home close to the sidewalk, has been sold since Jobs died last year.

Because high-tech components were stolen, Tsui said his office's high-technology crimes unit was involved in investigating the case. Palo Alto police declined to comment. An attorney for McFarlin could not immediately be reached for comment, nor could a representative for Apple.
Re: Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by yawatide(f): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2012
Re: Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by Slyr0x: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^^ Obviously, from your post

Kariem McFarlin, 35, was charged with burglary and selling stolen property after the break-in on July 17, when the house was vacant during renovations, said Scott Tsui, a Santa Clara County prosecutor.
Re: Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
he connected to App store, through his ISP, with his PC, which had iTunes installed, iTunes created by the guy you robbed, bought a few apps with his credit card, took some pictures and you tell me you dont see jail coming.
Re: Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by Slyr0x: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^^ LoL. . .Very Stupid move!
Re: Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed by yawatide(f): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
lmao @slyrox. You think say I even read d post? tongue

I just dey try spice up forum joor, he he. So many posts but very very few that tickle my fancy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mini- Website Or Wordpress Blog. Which One Is Ideal For Me? / What Is The Best Web Online Tutorial Website? / Twitter Over Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.