Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? (6118 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Prostitutes Nationwide Promise Nigerians Free Sex If Super Eagles Win Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by vincentont(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Infact I was just reflecting on the regime of GEJ and since he took over IN 2011,it has bin bad for our sports.
1.we failed to qualify for AFCON2012
2 DREAMTEAM 5 failed to qualify for london olympics despite the fact that they are over age
3.our SUPER FALCONS failed to qualify for london olympics .
4.No MEDAL for the just concluded LONDON OLYMPICS.
What is actually Happening.
Am having this feeling that we might not qualify for AFCON 2013.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by omar22(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
It would be good news

*2/3 of the team would have paid to get on the plane
*Most who dont play regularly for their club
*NO training camp
*Opportunity for official to embezzle money
*Daily Allowance not released,
*Mutiny in the camp...

Abe make we stay at home

1 Like

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by miteolu(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
That one no change nothing because it had happened before. Oga Jona vex but it was too late.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by NSNA: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
If Nigeria had won a bronze in the just concluded Olympic, it would have given a false sense of all is ok in sports. smiley

It is better they did not win any medals at all.

2 Likes

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Daunashamed(m): 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pessimist like you should keep their opinions to themselves sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
If we dont qualify for AFCON 2013, Does It remove GEJ from POWER ?. If Yes, Pls we dont have to Qualify...

3 Likes

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
I actually hope we don't get qualified for any competition for now because nothing good will come out of it. Instead the money that could have been used should be put into repairing our roads.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by ANYPEN(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nothing will happen nah! Nigeria will continue degenerating Noni.

If nothing happened when petrol price was increased from 65 to 97 naira/litre, then nothing can ever happen if in sport everything go wrong
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by saydfact(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
are you still hoping or dreaming; in this era of bad luck.... we wont qualify.

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by pek(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
As one nairalander would say, does it change the cost of garri in the market? If nigeria had won ten gold in the olympics, would the common man on the street felt anything. I would prefer they dont qualify.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Chubhie: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goodluck should have banned the nation from participating in any known sport till 2015...Just to save some of us from this embarrassment.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Senegal will rule African football
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Chanchit: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
If they do not qualify, thats their cup of badluck, afterall they failed to qualify for all the major tournaments this yr, and we gladly watched the teams that qualified.... If they win the cup @ the end of the day, i will only make noise then go to bed, while the players get the millions, i no fit die for another mans headache...

2 Likes

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Chanchit: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy: Senegal will rule African football
No be only Senegal, na Togo...

1 Like

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by ismhab(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
vincentont: Infact I was just reflecting on the regime of GEJ and since he took over IN 2011,it has bin bad for our sports.
2 DREAMTEAM 5 failed to qualify for london olympics despite the fact that they are over age
WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
If we fail to qualify, I would be very happy..

Nigeria has been coasting through to the Olympics, AFCON & World Cups since 98 by sheer dumb luck.. I am tired of dumb luck... angry

Our Super Eagles team needs to be overhauled..

Our Local League needs a serious facelift.

Secondary school and University sporting events need to be Invested in.

The Sports Ministry need to renovate all the Stadia and sporting facilities around the Country.

NIgerian University Games (NUGA) needs to be more than an avenue for inter-university Fhucking..

Sponsorship needs to be solicited. Not the type where they sponsor only events.. Atheletes need to be sponsored.. Even if it is abroad to even Jamiaca sef..

Mobil Track and Field event needs a serious Facelift.

Scholarship and employment for athelets needs to be guaranteed.. This will make people interested in sports. Lets stop hearing of dead former Nigerian sportsmen who lived in abject poverty after representing and winning laurels and medal for the country. We need to make sports attractive again!

Preparations for the Next Olympics needs to start yesterday..

The Government needs to stop the Habit of realeasing 100 Billion naira for Olympics and sports preparation 3 weeks to the tournaments.

Federal Character needs to be removed from Sports.. If the Super Eagles team that can win us the World Cup is filled with only Igbo Boys, then so be it.. If the only qualified atheletes for the Olympics are Anambra State people, Then so be it... In the end, its Nigeria that will show on the screen not Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Dawdy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Normal thing
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Kolade9(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
ehn......if dey fail to qualify they fail to qualify noni. Abi wat again?
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Everything is GEJ, dont Nigeria have minister of sports? Why must you put every sector thats not doing well on GEJ. Pls live the man out of the threadluck..
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by brownlord: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
I pray tb joushua see a revelation to that effect soon, we don't d to qualify atall
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by tonyx4x44(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
miteolu: That one no change nothing because it had happened before. Oga Jona vex but it was too late.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by bokohalal(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nothing will happen if they fail.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Dafeclement: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
U are very rit oh wat kind of badluck is nigeria sport facing
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by dont8(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sometimes I just think to myself if our president is a GOODLUCK to himself and family and not Nigeria as a nation.
Anyways, if we don't qualify we'll go back to drawing-board and heaven will not fall as usual.
vincentont: Infact I was just reflecting on the regime of GEJ and since he took over IN 2011,it has bin bad for our sports.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by yemstok(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Here's the suitable reply for this thread

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Havilah93(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
life continued when they failed to qualify for 2012 afcon, life will still continue if we fail to qualify.........
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by profola2be(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
omar22: It would be good news

*2/3 of the team would have paid to get on the plane
*Most who dont play regularly for their club
*NO training camp
*Opportunity for oiffial to embezzle money
*Daily Allowance not released,
*Mutiny in the camp...

Abe make we stay at home

my brother,you will not die young in JESUS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Erhuvwu1: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
This post is very dumb and illogical. Nigeria won Tunisia 1994 AFCON and Atlanta Olympics gold medals (soccer and long jump) during d reign of the despot Abacha. there is no luck in sports, as u prepare ur bed so u lay on it. It takes yrs to prepare for major tournaments like the AFCON, world cups, Olympic games etc., Goodluck only assumed the presidency last year. One thing that i know for sure is that our athletes/sportsmen are all below average. Talking about soccer, who is presently the best Nigerian Soccer player?, some will shout Mikel, cos he plays for Chelsea, if truly he is our best footballer, then it tells why we struggle to qualify for major tourneys. When was the last time a Nigerian was nominated for any award in sports?. Sports, like economies do not collapse in one year, it takes years and for those that think with their heads up, our football started this journey to oblivion when the craze for playing in the foreign league started. Imagine our best Goalie in the Israelie League, it's really appalling. let's work with our conscience/brains and stop this blame game on GEJ.

1 Like

Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by BlackBaron: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Not a GEJ fan

But then I fail to see the correlation between Goodluck and decline in football. Our football values has surely been on a gradual but consistent nosedive into levels of dire mediocrity since a peak in 1996.
All the consequences of our past sins -neglect, age cheats, scams,corruption and embezzlement et al is fast catching up. Once upon a time, our country could muster an enviable line up of World renowned superstars. Now we are dealing with a rickety bunch of patched up bunch of washed up players and athletes with a vociferous breed of thieving pseudo-technocrats at the helm.

It'll be no biggie-least to me if we fail to qualify. Infact I am not ashamed anymore. Gone are the days of Finidi,Okocha and others. Rather we now struggle not to be steam rolled by groups of semi-professional football players in every football match.
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by klax(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
@jerseyboy: Senegal will rule African football.

Sorry what does the thread says and what are you saying? What is the connection of the thread with what you have just said above bros/ Is everything alright bros

How come Senegal into this matter talkless Senegal ruling Africa Football, very funny day light dream.

No offence
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by Super1759: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
nothing will happen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? by drlaykay(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
If super eagles fail to qualify for AFCON 2013 then it means they failed.(No other meaning to it)
Have learnt to enjoy football competitions when Nigeria isn't participating.you don't expect me to start jubilating for their qualification cos it's an avenue for some people to looth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rio2016: Nigeria Has Finally Won A Medal / Surfing in Nigeria / Giovanni Trapattoni To Sign Two Year Contract With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.