Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. (877 Views)

Hi Guys Check Out This Website I Designed For A Friend Within 2hours / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website / Hi Guys: Please Help Me Review This Site. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by bigrovar(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2007
it's my site (the new design). it's still under construction though. so i need creative reviews. like what would u have done differentlly if it were your site. thanks.

oh!

www.webworksent.com
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2007
hey  all. how i posted this post under 'bigborvar's id is a long story. (i did'nt sha hack it ) and he knows about it.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by cashstream: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2007
Hello dear,

please put up something on your site before asking for a review. There is nothing there yet.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2007
click on the logo to enter
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by my2cents(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2007
I like the flash but I found the site in general a bit too dark. I found myself many times squinting my eyes looking for information (that might also have to do with the fact that the links I found (for example, "contact"wink were very small).

Perhaps the site could use a little brightening? Other than that, I await the completion of other pages.

I hope this helps.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2007
thanks. i think the site being dark is because of my laptop. it has this ultrabright stuff.black is more like grey. so when i open it, its not that dark on my laptop. i'll take note of that though.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by DualCore1: 12:06am On Dec 28, 2007
Nice site bro, here are what i would do if i was to work on ur site:
1. I'll get a fav icon, fancy stuff sha but useful for firefox users like me and a million others

2. Bros, inasmuch as u built this site for people all around the world, have some mercy on us wey dey nigeria now, FLASH!!! ye before e go open i done make on full cup of coffee, hehe, u and i know what our internet connections in nigeria look like. so flash aint really good for us although its so sexy and nice, i like it anyway.

3. if i must keep the flash, then i would make proper use of that intro page, add two links, one for those that want the flash version of the site and one for those that want the html version of the site.

4. if i must use the flash and not give any options in the intro page, than i'll get the intro off, because my brother that intro is wasting my time, whts the use of an intro that isnt interactive, all that happens is that i get to the intro and then i am told to click again to get into the site, why don't u just take me into the site directly and save me the time i spend in waiting for that intro to open. My point is this, the right use of an intro is to set some user preferences, like choosing languages and other things.

5. Na only hacker's lounges and their sites dey black like that o, but u can stay with the black, u got to make your foreground colors stand out since background na black already. the black is very beautiful.
Nice site bro, i like the whole concept
that would be all from me.

can't tell who i really am, but this will be the new me even if my main ID is released.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by DualCore1: 12:18am On Dec 28, 2007
erm, one more thing, this is more on the development side, it doesn't seem your server is runing the latest version of apache, why i say this is that you are prone to Denial of Service attacks, i just hit your site with one simple DOS and it caved for a few minutes, hehe, sorry o, not for the purpose of harm. that really isnt your problem, more like your host's problem, they should sort that out, no stress yourself o, i could be terribly wrong. just telling u what i think.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by outlaws(m): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2007
cool
Your site is dark, is not appealing. It needs to come out to customers, customers don't have to look for whats on there. Check mine out. www.Huxtlar.com Is still under construction but getting ready to make money by next the end of next month.

Peace.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 1:07am On Dec 28, 2007
Hey [Dual Core] thanks for the comments, real helpful. like i said it's still under construction and so i'll take some of your advice. thanks alot.

[outlaws] erm, thanks undecided. . .

by the way [dual core] i'm guessing u r prodgalson? but after ur second post, i'm thinking ralvy? hmm not sure though but thanks for the comment real helpful.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by DualCore1: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2007
LoL
i'm neither ralvy nor the other guy, me sef i no sey people go think sey i be ralvy,
This is SawyerrKen, i no know wetin enter oga head, he banned me from making posts.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by DualCore1: 10:05am On Dec 28, 2007
You can also criticize this one for me http://www.ocogroup.com, uploaded it a few days back. still heavily under contruction o, i no sure say i dont upload all the pages, just give ma a general overview.
hey check this one too http://www.abpng.com and http://www.pekerr.com i did those two sites late 2006, i think. cant really remember.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2007
[www.ocogroup.com] is tight. i like the colour combination. very cool colours. if only u made a flash banner like u have them on the other sites. even without the flash, it's my favourite of the three.

[www.pekerr.com] the flash banner is cool. but as usual na logo dey f**k most nigerian sites up. that logo spoil the image of that banner small.(but im sure u did'nt design that). since u said they r still under construction, i'll take it alot still has to b done under that. e.g content postioning e.t.c. anoda thing i noticed. u used four different font styles on the site. try to stick with one/two.

on [www.abpng.com] where u have the staff log in, the text are not well aligned. so is the calendar. and the logo on the flash banner is a liiiittle out of place. u could try to tune the logo up or clean up the rough edges.

thats all for now.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by DualCore1: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2007
Thanks a lot man, as for that peker logo i'm working on them getting me a better logo since they insisted they had a better logo.
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Demsy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hey Kofo,

I like your site. I am a designer myself. I have always admired the site for upwards of two years now.
I like you to know that the site needs to brightened a little bit. I am not against how that the site looks black. It means you dared to be different and that's what I like about designers.

Importantly, its taking an age to open. Statistics show that people who browse are not very patient with site that takes a bit more time to load. That site is for visitors not you! Endeavour to lighten the weight of your animation.

Also, you will give a little more life to the site if you play with a few more colours. Avoid total monochrome.

Keep up the good job, Kofo.

later!
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Demsy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2007
One more thing,

The font size of the links you have are too tiny. You must have got microscopic eyes.

Like I said earlier, the site is not for your viewing. Its for people around the world.

Pls take note of that.

You'd wonder how I know you. Leave that for me,
Re: Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site. by Neptune(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hey demsy, thanks. i'm working it.

You'd wonder how I know you. Leave that for me,
i must say i was shockd when i saw that. thanks alot for the comment. but the thing about the site is it opens fast on my system. (i think my internet connection generally is a little fast )

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Your Successful Website Flipping Business Here In Nigeria / Who said Anonymous Didnt attack Facebook?? They did! / Web Master Needed For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.