Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Review Of Basket Mouth's Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website (8419 Views)

Complete Review Of Asus Transformer Book T100HA Laptop/tablet / Read What Adsense Replied On Their Second Review Of My Application / Review Of Best Soccer Prediction Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
So, a lil bored, I decided to do what I do best: random googling. I decided to check which of our comedians have websites and the first was AY but he had no site. So I decided to google for basket mouth's and found his at www dot basket mouth dot tv

It would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about it. There are parts that I am very impressed with and of course, some that could use some improvement. So as not to "taint" your minds though, I will let a few go first before sounding off my own.

Oya, who wants to go first? cool
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
are u sure u are a woman?
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2009
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
1) If I were any more woman, I would be arrested tongue Why would you even ask?

2) Superb website. Is that all you have to say? How do you go about reviewing a site? Pulling up the home page and making judgement based on that? Have you clicked around, tried to fill out any forms, etc?

Imagine if you were paid to review a site and you came back after a few minutes with, "superb website". Don't you think they would have efcc on you? tongue
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
i played around with the site before posting

BTW,i know few ladies who are IT-addicts,thats why i asked tongue
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
I see. There is only one small problem though: I am not an addict.  A web developer, yes but addict? no  cool

Now back to the brass tacks.  Other reviews are welcome.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by kolitos007: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I see. There is only one small problem though: I am not an addict.  A web developer, yes but addict? no  cool

Now back to the brass tacks.  Other reviews are welcome.

First of I would like to say that yawa you are a proper geek, I mean full time geek, nothing wrong with that, I mean, how many people will go reviewing websites when they are bored honest don't deny yourself who you are hehe

Ok about the site, its just a flash site, not much to it, or to say about it, I don't like the fact that I have to click twice to get in the site, I don't know what that is all about, they may need to think of usability, apart from that, its a nice site, and I like it.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 11:38am On Oct 27, 2009
Site is ok but navigation is kinda weird - some ppl might like it but i didnt
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, the site is aesthetically cool but all the problems i have with it border around usability.  If it weren't basket mouth's site, i would have abandoned it long time ago. I will let others chime in a bit more before I comment further.

Don't you guys just love this teasing game?  tongue
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2009
The designer is trying to be Creative which is good but you can be creative without leaving a first time visitor confused. I think there should also be two links in each page
1- Back
2- HomePage
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by IBEXY(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2009
Too much flash. You have to click 20 times  shocked to get to the real site content. I never fancied flash sites. Too  much waste of time. Other wise, Basketmouth is a real good comedian  cheesy

Learn from nairaland. Keep it simple and never forget that the content is actually the king. People go to a site for that. Not the flash or fancy.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by eldee(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2009
I know, the usability was not top-drawer . . . you had to click twice to get anything.
And what's with the whole concept of the tabs running away from you.

Looking for the 'Nollywood' joke was almost as difficult as searching for Osama.

It was worth the effort though . . . that joke is Nigeria's closest thing to Chris Rock's Niggas versus Black People
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Ben13: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2009
hmmm. . .still loading till now. undecided
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by rasputinn(m): 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
IBEXY:

Too much flash. You have to click 20 times   shocked to get to the real site content. I never fancied flash sites. Too  much waste of time.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
I have issues with the usability,but the flashy nature suits his line of business

Ben-10:

hmmm. . .still loading till now. undecided

What're you waiting for,just click 20 times
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2009
Why does the design take visitors through all those hecks to get to the site?
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2009
i bet that if you dont have a good PC and connetivity, this site will never open.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by foyeks2001(f): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
is kool but too much wahala to open, anyway am enjoying mysef wit Fela's music
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
By the way,

Yawa-tide is the developer your rival lipsrsealed
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
foyeks2001:

is kool but too much wahala to open, anyway am enjoying mysef wit Fela's music
cheesy grin cheesy same ere
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by urfriend(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
Hi,

AY's website is www.ayshow.tv
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by eldee(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
Erm . . . clicking the refresh button takes you back to the homepage.
I'm not sure, bt you can try it.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mecylee(f): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
My God i think the site is just tooooo heavy do i will still wait and see what is inside
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by saydfact(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
basket mouth, [size=28pt]U GET MOUTH[/size]  grin ,   lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by saydfact(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
mecylee:

My God i think the site is just tooooo heavy do i will still wait and see what is inside

THIS SITE NO HEAVY, [size=18pt]UR SYSTEM MUST BE OLD-SCHOOL, SELL AM BUY MEMORY CARD[/size], sorry, no be yab na advise, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by ohisng(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
tYPICAL NIGERIAN WEBSITE!!
FULL OF HEAVY FLASH AND LACK REAL CONTENT
THIS IS CRAP!!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by adiona(f): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
nawa 4 dis site ooooooo, hw many hours does it take to load, chinekemeeeee am ouuta here,
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by lalaboi(m): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

So, a lil bored, I decided to do what I do best: random googling. I decided to check which of our comedians have websites and the first was AY but he had no site. So I decided to google for basket mouth's and found his at www dot basket mouth dot tv

It would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about it. There are parts that I am very impressed with and of course, some that could use some improvement. So as not to "taint" your minds though, I will let a few go first before sounding off my own.

Oya, who wants to go first? cool

The site was developed by Wale Abba Otolorin!. . .super talented Mofo! lol. . . .He owns his company and he's responsible for some high profile websites!!

Chocolate city - M.I's record label
The new live beats!
And many more

I'll get ya the links now!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Suntemi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
eldee:

Erm . . . clicking the refresh button takes you back to the homepage.
I'm not sure, bt you can try it.
Yes you're right, took me back to the home page but wont it be convenient to have a refresh button that would allow user stay on the same page and not that annoying page where the panel is moving around
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mrperfect(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
I can't wait for the Flash to load.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by illusion2: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
Cool website. .  .but as stated above ,the developer probably over did it. Content is king ,tho' a bit of efeezy ain't bad sha ! wink

The main highlight of the site if you ask me, na the free Fela music smiley smiley smiley smiley. . . .tears nearly come my eyes. . can't remember when I hear the Afrobeat king last. . *beast of no nation* human rights na my property*. . . . Naija don produce PEOPLE !!!! . . . . ,  . argghhhhhh .
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by sylve11: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
if u don't have good internet speed, then forget about logging into website. angry cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Pay For Google Ad As A Nigerian / How To Monitor File Changes On Web Server / How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.