Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out (788 Views)

I Feel So Bad For Slapping My Wife This Morning / What Was Your Baby's First Word? / Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by bamasite(m): 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Most of us probably felt quite lazy, plonked on the couch with a bar of chocolate watching the Olympics last week. But one lady would put you to particular shame.
Take a bow Malaysian Nur Suryani Mohammed Taibi, who competed in the 10-metre air rifle event, despite being eight months pregnant.
Nur joins the ranks of other famous supermothers, who refuse to let pregnancy slow them down.
These include West Ham United boss and businesswoman Karren Brady, who worked right through her two pregnancies, and was back at work three days after giving birth to her daughter.
And Rachida Dati, the former French Justice Minister, who was back at her desk five days after having a Caesarian at the age of 43.
But could these women be doing their babies more harm than good by working so close to their due dates?
Quite possibly, according to new research. It found that women who work beyond their eighth month of pregnancy are more likely to have babies with lower birth weights.
On average, their baby could be up to half a pound lighter than those born to mothers who stopped work between six and eight months. Shockingly, it's the same effect seen in babies born to women who smoked while expecting.
GET MORE HERE:http://successsecrets01..com/2012/08/is-working-up-to-due-date-bad-for-your.html
Re: Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by tpia5: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
if the expectant mother feels up to it, why not.

if there are no health related issues, should be ok i guess.
Re: Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by bamasite(m): 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
tpia@:
if the expectant mother feels up to it, why not.

if there are no health related issues, should be ok i guess.
Well my colleague in the office last month was working normally despite her heavy pregnancy. So many people were concerned that she should proceed on her maternity leave but she personally told me she did not like the idea of sitting at home idle so she continued to work. She started her leave on friday(she was at work on thursday) and gave birth to a baby boy on saturday. It's true that people actually do this but my initial post is the result of a new research.
Re: Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by tjskii(f): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2012
I personally beliv working up to ur due date is good for a pregnant woman,she'll get all d exersic she nids,unftntly in my workplace its now mandatory dt a pregnant woman proceeds on maternity leave one whole month to the due date,its really pissing me off angry
Wat am I sposd to be doin for a whole month,twiddling my toes and thumbs waiting for d baby to come,kmt
Re: Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by mafolayomi(f): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2012
its alright, no big deal, as long as she is progressing fine. i put to bed the very day my leave started, i.e i was at work on friday and i gave birth on monday.
Re: Is Working Up To Due Date Bad For Your Baby? Find Out by ronkebp(f): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2012
tjskii: I personally beliv working up to ur due date is good for a pregnant woman,she'll get all d exersic she nids,unftntly in my workplace its now mandatory dt a pregnant woman proceeds on maternity leave one whole month to the due date,its really pissing me off angry
Wat am I sposd to be doin for a whole month,twiddling my toes and thumbs waiting for d baby to come,kmt

it will help you put final touches to things around the home and enough time to take care of yourself and the unborn- baby, less work sometimes is more time for other things.

(1) (Reply)

How Possible And Disgusting Can This Story Be?? / Can You Agree To Be A Second Wife ? / Which Is More Difficult To Train, A Boy Or A Girl Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.