Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream (31084 Views)

If Your Daughter Spilled Your Butter All Over Herself, What Would You Do? / What Was Your Baby's First Word? / Who Owns The Boobss/breeaast? The Little Baby Or The Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by babanne(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Many mothers with newborns and toddlers use various mineral based oil for their babies and these with attendant troubles. They are known to cause rashes and so much discomfort for babies. Is there a natural way of taking care of your baby? The answer is an emphatic YES. This is a natural ingredient cream-Shea butter. (pronounced shee) It has been referred to as women gold for obvious reasons. It is called ori in yoruba. It is known to produce amazing results on babies and adult skins. Some of the benefits include:

1.Shea Butter nourishes and protects your baby’s delicate skin like nothing else available.

2.it protects your baby’s bottom from diaper rash, or if your baby develops cradle cap, shea butter is the only cream you will need to soothe and heal this condition.

3. your baby will love having daily shea butter massages.

4. An emollient which penetrates the skin quickly, Shea Butter moisturizes your scalp and helps to reduce and eliminate dandruff.

5.Prevents skin aging. Acts as a protective layer preventing skin dehydration and protecting it from external factors such as heat, cold, wind and sudden changes in climate.

6. Acts as a powerful antioxidant. Smooths and restructure winkles, scars and other imperfection of the skin.

7. It is used as a sunscreen before and after tanning, protecting skin of the sun damages such as UVB and UVA.

8. Prevents and treats stretch marks with great results. Ideal for pregnant women. Also prevents cracking on the breast skin.

9.It is effective in treating diaper rash in infants. Relieves redness of the area and protects the skin from wetness.

10. If you have chronically dry skin or Eczema, using Shea Butter provides natural moisture to your skin and relief from itching. I use this on my two year old before bedtime to ensure he doesn't scratch himself raw during the night.

11. Applying Shea Butter immediately helps take the sting out of insect bites. This will allow the bite to heal faster, as you are not scratching.

Mothers, your best bet for your babies and families cream is shea butter

More at: http://jameygc.hubpages.com/hub/Beauty-Benefits-And-Uses-Of-Shea-Butter

http://multiculturalbeauty.about.com/od/Natural/a/Shea-Butter-What-It-Is-Why-It-Works.htm

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by jasgold1: 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Yes its really nice. works great. makes a good baby rash cream base.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
The first time I put to bed,wasn't lactating well and I was told to use shea butter to massage d bossom with warm water.d result was amazin!I even wanted to throw away d remainin wen I was told to use it for diaper rash.honestly,I don't know what is used in producin this but its so good! And cheap.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by jasgold1: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: The first time I put to bed,wasn't lactating well and I was told to use shea butter to massage d bossom with warm water.d result was amazin!I even wanted to throw away d remainin wen I was told to use it for diaper rash.honestly,I don't know what is used in producin this but its so good! And cheap.

Glad you benefited from its healing properties. Its a natural butter produced from the nut of a tree found in Nigeria.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by greatgod2012(f): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
I always mix shea-butter with glycerine for use for all my kids and i have never seen any one of them with any skin or hair problem, its amazing, its one of the wonderful natural substance God bless us with. I recommend it for all mothers, infact, for all families.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
Back then,mummy used it to treat cough.and some funny things I can't remember.will start usin it for d family but had to convince some people!they r 2 oyiboish!
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by jasgold1: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
greatgod2012: I always mix shea-butter with glycerine for use for all my kids and i have never seen any one of them with any skin or hair problem, its amazing, its one of the wonderful natural substance God bless us with. I recommend it for all mothers, infact, for all families.

Yes o. also adding aloe vera, neem oil [ dont let me derail the thread with my concotion] my skin cant get enoff of it. boy o boy its also really fabulous for hair too.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by jasgold1: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Back then,mummy used it to treat cough.and some funny things I can't remember.will start usin it for d family but had to convince some people!they r 2 oyiboish!

Dont mind them. what they dont know is that most of the creams they buy all have shea butter base with its natural healing properties destroyed by the harsh chemicals added to it.
Less is always more... i love my natural shea butter.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by newpaparazzi(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
Why cant the mods put such a thread that can benefit humanity on the homepage? Cant they figure out good thread?
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by nikkyshyne(f): 7:14am On May 01, 2013
It is safe to mix shea butter with my cream then. Just that when I see it locally for sale, it is usually exposed. Dirt and the sort nko?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Using Shea Butter As Your Baby Or Family Cream by lexy4me(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2013
We all to a great extent understand and have experienced in one form or the other, the consequences of ineffective governing and management of our resources, this has led to severe outcomes as many families live in abject poverty, poor assessibility to the basic neccesities of life, power and water!!!!!of outmost import is the issue of POWER(electricity)......However, hardworking and innovative entreprenuers has made it a priority to resolve this long issue!!!! Welcome to the Generation of Inverters and solar electricity........REHOBOTH idealtec LTD is a company with the sole aim and passion for resolution of power issues....your family needs not bother about PHCN anymore, nor GENERATORS!!!!!!its for real!!!!! Simply install and enjoy constant power supply!!! We offer various installation packages for both Home and Industrial purpose!!! And for the month of may, WE are glad to announce our Light Up Nigeria PROMO......offering 20% DISCOUNT on all our packages........at our branches in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt and other Parts of the Federation.... For more inquiries Call: 08037969051;07045798908;07045196538;07045196536. ....Offers Lasts Till the 31st of May....

(1) (Reply)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.