Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? (974 Views)

Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by nigboy(m): 9:40am On Dec 24, 2007
Please I will like to know if it is true that Christmas is a pagan cerebration. How true is this statement?
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by ajadrage: 9:48am On Dec 24, 2007
Very true. . .
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by ajadrage: 12:15am On Dec 25, 2007
It's about a quarter past midnight now, what noise reverbrating from different parts of the city. But to whose and to what benefit? If these energies could be channelled to actually living true to reason as contained in the bible and not an outward show of wordly inclinations as such festivities are wont to bring out in mankind.

Fire crackers, shoutings, drinking sprees and rough driving. Wanton indulgence in immorality and all other sorts.

What is the reason for the celebrations again . . . ?

undecided
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by nigboy(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2007
Why should Christians cerebrate a page feast? I wonder kiss
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2007
Yes Christmas is a pagan holiday!! The Encyclopedia Americana and even the New Catholic Encyclopedia state that the day of Christ's birth is not know. December 25th is a day  choosen to correspond with pagan festivals to celebrate the rebirth of a sun god. So a lot of christmas traditions are based on that celebration and festival. The Romans choose this correlation to try and get people to join the churches at a time when pagan practices abounded.
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2007
Christians should not celebrate a pagan festival. In fact even if xmas really was for Jesus' birthday in the Bible we are not told to celebrate his birth, but to remember his death.
Re: Is Christmas A Pagan Cerebration? by jagunlabi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2007
Very true.And so is the fact that 99.9% of christianity was derived from paganism.Without the ancient pagan religions,the christian religion would not have existed in it's modern form that we are all familiar with.
Welcome to the real world,fella.
nigboy:

Please I will like to know if it is true that Christmas is a pagan cerebration. How true is this statement?

(1) (Reply)

Why Thank God For Your Life? / Davidylan: Two Of My Threads Against Islam Have Been Deleted Completely. / I Am Jesus Christ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.