Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why Thank God For Your Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Thank God For Your Life? (971 Views)

HONOUR TO GOD FOR THE MINISTRY OF PASTOR W.F. KUMUYI - DO NOT MISS THIS! / Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? / 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Thank God For Your Life? by PepERSprAY: 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
Preachers always ask us to thank God for our lives and so on. If you ain't got no job, no education, no health and nothing to live for here on earth while you still believe that when you die, you are going to heaven. Why thank God for your life here on earth? Is it not better you beg Him to take away your life so you can go and live with Him in heaven where there are no diseases, heart break, joblessness, economic downturn, hunger etc?. Am I missing something here because thanking God for your present sorry life means you enjoy suffering.
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL
Interesting
Lovely
Nice one
Really got me happy
Non fanatistic
I love you

Thumbs up.

Now to the question:

The issue of thanks to God is very paramount, and crucial in a Christian’s life. This issue can never be overlooked.

Did you eat today? If you did that’s enough to thank him
Are you reading this from the hospital bed? If not, that’s a point for thanks giving
Do u have a mom or a dad or at least a sister or yourself being alive? Thank him
You even have 100 naira to buy time in a cyber to post this topic. Then thank him
A shelter over your head is enough reason to thank him.

Sorry if you feel I am being too personalistic towards you. You in the points represent generality .

This few point shows that God is worthy to be thanks in good and bad times, if all this bad circumstances all trail around you, then you can decide not to thank him, even if, Job still thanked him.

Once again thumbs up

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2008
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL
Interesting
Lovely
Nice one
Really got me happy
Non fanatistic
I love you

Thumbs up.

Now to the question:

The issue of thanks to God is very paramount, and crucial in a Christian’s life. This issue can never be overlooked.

Did you eat today? If you did that’s enough to thank him
Are you reading this from the hospital bed? If not, that’s a point for thanks giving
Do u have a mom or a dad or at least a sister or yourself being alive? Thank him
You even have 100 naira to buy time in a cyber to post this topic. Then thank him
A shelter over your head is enough reason to thank him.

Sorry if you feel I am being too personalistic towards you. You in the points represent generality .

This few point shows that God is worthy to be thanks in good and bad times, if all this bad circumstances all trail around you, then you can decide not to thank him, even if, Job still thanked him.

Once again thumbs up

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by MP007(m): 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2008
in all things, give thanks
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by PepERSprAY: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2008
in all things, give thanks

Is it not better to give thanks while begging Him to take your life so you can join Him in heaven? Why thank God for a failed life?
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by naomijt(f): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Preachers always ask us to thank God for our lives and so on. If you ain't got no job, no education, no health and nothing to live for here on earth while you still believe that when you die, you are going to heaven. Why thank God for your life here on earth? Is it not better you beg Him to take away your life so you can go and live with Him in heaven where there are no diseases, heart break, joblessness, economic downturn, hunger etc?. Am I missing something here because thanking God for your present sorry life means you enjoy suffering.

My dear,

It's clear u don't understand what salvation is sad
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by naijacutee(f): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
Because when you have life, you have hope. Being alive with no job, no food, no house etc means that you could achieve all those things - and therefore God should be thanked for the chance (life) he has given us to get all these things. Being alive means that you have hope. Hope that someday job, food, house etc will perhaps one day come . . Perhaps by prayer and also making by an effort. In heaven (or hell) your fate is sealed - And it's too late to ask for anything. What do you need hope for in an eternal cycle of bliss or suffering (as the case may be)? The only logical need for hope would be to escape heaven/hell as the case may be, but with our understanding that that is the end of the end - The last bus-stop of fate itself, then hope in itself is hopeless at that point.  Take the Formular 1 Championship for example : Lewis was lagging behind halfway through the race - But the point was that he still was in the race. As long as he was still in he could try harder, and win. It didn't matter his current position, jst as long as there was a possibility that he could win. When that possibility is taken away (i.e if he quit halfway), then it would have been better than he didn't even start in the first place.
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by MadMax1(f): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
Great response.
Peperspray,there,there. sadTake am easy na. Nothing remains the same for long. smiley
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by PepERSprAY: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
Because when you have life, you have hope. Being alive with no job, no food, no house etc means that you could achieve all those things - and therefore God should be thanked for the chance (life) he has given us to get all these things. Being alive means that you have hope. Hope that someday job, food, house etc will perhaps one day come . . Perhaps by prayer and also making by an effort. In heaven (or hell) your fate is sealed - And it's too late to ask for anything. What do you need hope for in an eternal cycle of bliss or suffering (as the case may be)? The only logical need for hope would be to escape heaven/hell as the case may be, but with our understanding that that is the end of the end - The last bus-stop of fate itself, then hope in itself is hopeless at that point. Take the Formular 1 Championship for example : Lewis was lagging behind halfway through the race - But the point was that he still was in the race. As long as he was still in he could try harder, and win. It didn't matter his current position, jst as long as there was a possibility that he could win. When that possibility is taken away (i.e if he quit halfway), then it would have been better than he didn't even start in the first place.

All you said is true but wouldn't it be better if you ask God for death instead since you will end up in heaven which is a better place than this pathetic world?
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
If you ask him to take your life, he won't, and if he do you would find your self inbetween heaven and hell(middle or mid point) lol.

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Why Thank God For Your Life? by Opslag(m): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2008
@poster,
very stupid thread.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Prophets: The Havoc They Cause / Let Us Invent A God, Shall We? Deepsight And Co. / Pastor Chis Oyakhilome:positioned For Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.