Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start (847 Views)

Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start by ukajoe: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2012
Dear Auto Experts,
I sincerely need your help. I have a Honda Rover 623 Series model. I changed the engine after showing a low engine performance with a Honda V-tec H23A model engine in January,2012. Since then the sound and the engine performance has being better than the former engine.
But i notice few issues:
1. After the first early morning warming, if i am dressed for work, when i start the engine again, i notice jerking showing low engine performance. But improves as i accelerate.

2. Then, when i get to my place of work and park, if am to go out in the next 20minutes to 2hours the car will prove stubborn before starting. Not even with 2 or 3 starts.

3. The check engine light has being on since the swap or changing of the new engine.
Although the engine still drops water during early morning warming. Please i will appreciate any kind professional approach to my questions. Thanks
Re: My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start by davioli(m): 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
You probably have a bad distributor.. It supplies electricity to the plugs and also controls the ignition of d car.. I'll also advice u get the car scanned for error codes.. Also have a look @ the maf sensor(mass airflow sensor).. If it's dirty the engine will sputter and there will be bad idling. So hav it cleaned if it's dirty. Goodluck
Re: My Car Engine Starts Fine At First But Thereafter, Low Engine Start by ukajoe: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thanks I sincerely appreciate,God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With My Car / Dear Siena,your Advice Is Needed Pls / The Designs Of This Cars Are Simply Breath Taking..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.