Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Need Help With My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help With My Car (844 Views)

My Car Overheat When Ac Is On / My Brother Sold My Car With The Original Documents Without My Consent / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Car by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
To whom it may concern.

I drive a 2005 Toyota camry and the car hasnt given any major problem since i bought it.However ,on monday,i was doing 190km/h on the freeway when the car suddenly went off.when it stopped,i tried to put on the engine but it wasnt starting. I checked the battery but it was ok.so i decided to call my mechanic to meet me up.

He checked the kickstarter,it was ok too and he decided to check the engine.on bringing down the engine,he discovered that it was the oil pump that failed thereby causing the metal in the crankshaft to wear odd and eventually affecting the crankshaft.

My doubt now is that what could be responsible for such wear in order to avoid or take better precautuon in the future ? Could it be that my engine which wasnt gauged was responsible for the problem considering the speed ? The mechanic asked me to change the crankshaft,oil pump,connecting rod and service my gearbox. . . .will all this solve the problems with the car ? Please advise me on what to do ?
Re: I Need Help With My Car by redcliff: 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
shey ur mechanic was there with you now, why dint u ask him wht happened..?
Re: I Need Help With My Car by sultaan(m): 12:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Did you throw a rod, or spin a bearing at 190kph?

If the thin died at high speed because of no oil, it means you ignored all the warning light on your car.

Simple fix is to get a new/used engine trying to rebuild that is not recommended.
Re: I Need Help With My Car by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 13, 2012
sultaan: Did you throw a rod, or spin a bearing at 190kph?

If the thin died at high speed because of no oil, it means you ignored all the warning light on your car.

Simple fix is to get a new/used engine trying to rebuild that is not recommended.

I'd say he spun a bearing.
Re: I Need Help With My Car by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 14, 2012
Siena:

I'd say he spun a bearing.

I concur but why is the mechanic saying he needs to change his gearbox too?

(1) (Reply)

Divided Bw Buying Honda End Of Discussion And Toyota Camry(big For Nothing) / Dear Siena,your Advice Is Needed Pls / What Do I Do About This Codes Of My 2004 Eod V6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.