Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,781 members, 7,851,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold (15994 Views)

Today Is Christ The King Sunday / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / The Religion Section/Atheists Have Strengthened My Faith- Biggest Lie Ever!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^^^ grin

Ishi, even I understood that!

Biko, do you or anyone know the igbo words of Tony Okoroji's very old song about mama.

I think English translation is something like I will buy lace/motor/etc for my mama; lace/etc for my mama to do good/enjoy (pere meye)?

Pls pretty please, anyone.

Actually, I have an idea of the words but I just don't want to make myself a laughing stock with the "wrongness"!

But hey, well why not, eh? smiley

Something like

A ga ma (zuuru?) lace ee ng gwa(?) mama mu na ga(?)

A ga ma (zuuru) lace ee ng wa mama mu o?

Ah eee eh, Chukwu na (bla bla bla)

Mama mu ngba fu (??) lace ng wa o peremeye ()

OK enough of the derision now. sad

grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: ^^^^ grin

Ishi, even I understood that!

Biko, do you or anyone know the igbo words of Tony Okoroji's very old song about mama.

I think English translation is something like I will buy lace/motor/etc for my mama; lace/etc for my mama to do good/enjoy (pere meye)?

Pls pretty please, anyone.

Actually, I have an idea of the words but I just don't want to make myself a laughing stock with the "wrongness"!

But hey, well why not, eh? smiley

Something like

A ga ma (zuuru?) lace ee ng gwa(?) mama mu na ga(?)

A ga ma (zuuru) lace ee ng wa mama mu o?

Ah eee eh, Chukwu na (bla bla bla)

Mama mu ngba fu (??) lace ng wa o peremeye ()

OK enough of the derision now. sad

grin
Lwkmd!!! Rotfl!!! HAaaaaaaaaaa!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

*wiping tears* Okay!! cheesy grin

For what its worth however,dude, I don't even know who Tony Okoroji is. Neva hoid of 'im.
grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by plaetton: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hey, both of you should get a room and take your romance somewhere else.
undecided
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ishilove:
Lwkmd!!! Rotfl!!! HAaaaaaaaaaa!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

*wiping tears* Okay!! cheesy grin

For what its worth however,dude, I don't even know who Tony Okoroji is. Neva hoid of 'im.
grin

See ya life outside. grin

After when I don drag myself for floor. Enuwe, abeg at least helep correct my "big big grammar" and bring it close to some semblance of sense.

Oya biko, titi. grin

cool
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

See ya life outside. grin

After when I don drag myself for floor. Enuwe, abeg at least helep correct my "big big grammar" and bring it close to some semblance of sense.

Oya biko, titi. grin

cool
Lekwa m osisi eh! cheesy cheesy

Eni, of a truth I have no idea what you typed so I don't even know where to start from. Diluted igbo, remember? wink

I was just laughing because I have this feeling that you murdered the lyrics (even though I have never heard them) grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
plaetton: Hey, both of you should get a room and take your romance somewhere else.
undecided

You have a very fertile imagination undecided
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ishilove:
Lekwa m osisi eh! cheesy cheesy

Eni, of a truth I have no idea what you typed so I don't even know where to start from. Diluted igbo, remember? wink

I was just laughing because I have this feeling that you murdered the lyrics (even though I have never heard them) grin
cheesy cheesy

You can bet your life that I murdered the lyrics in fact it is probably more Hiroshima and Nagasaki. grin

Also, the song take style old small, I nor go lie. smiley

grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

Also, the song take style old small, I nor go lie. smiley

grin
Aha!! No wonder! shocked

Eyin "mashuord" people cheesy grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Awa niyen oh; awa gbogbo biggzz boys! grin

cool
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by rhymz(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Also you haven't yet shown me this verse in 1Timothy that you keep asserting addressed Marcion.
Paul that was supposed to have been dead
Like I have told you before, read the arguments first before jumping to comment illogically.
Marcion, an orthodox Bishop later excommunicated from the Roman catholic Church, formed a Gnostic canon of Scripture c. 140 around ten of the canonical Pauline epistles, which did not include both first and second Timothy, Titus and Hebrews. The reason he was expelled from the chucrh was because of his religious ideologies which gave a very different version of Christ and person of christ, his work known as antithesis described it in details.
Shortly after his expulsion, Paul that was supposed to have been dead released his first letter to Timothy councelling against teachings in Marcion's antithesis work that boarders on the person of Jesus different from the one claimed in today's canonical gospels.
In timothy 6 vs 20 Paul tells Timothy who was one of Paul's surbodinate and the leader of the Church in Ephesus to guard against contrary or opposing ideas or teachings (which was the theme of Marcions antithesis about the person of Jesus).
Marcion was the first person to have compiled the NT, his version did not contain the three "Pastoral Epistles of Paul" some of which were written letters to church leaders councelling and advising them against marcionist type of theology i.e Timothy, Hebrew and Titus. Let's not forget that Timothy, Hebrew and Titus were later written and released shortly after Marcion was excommunicated and started his own Marcionist movement.
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: Awa niyen oh; awa gbogbo biggzz boys! grin

cool

Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
rhymz:
Like I have told you before, read the arguments first before jumping to comment illogically.
Marcion, an orthodox Bishop later excommunicated from the Roman catholic Church, formed a Gnostic canon of Scripture c. 140 around ten of the canonical Pauline epistles, which did not include both first and second Timothy, Titus and Hebrews. The reason he was expelled from the chucrh was because of his religious ideologies which gave a very different version of Christ and person of christ, his work known as antithesis described it in details.
Shortly after his expulsion, Paul that was supposed to have been dead released his first letter to Timothy councelling against teachings in Marcion's antithesis work that boarders on the person of Jesus different from the one claimed in today's canonical gospels.
In timothy 6 vs 20 Paul tells Timothy who was one of Paul's surbodinate and the leader of the Church in Ephesus to guard against contrary or opposing ideas or teachings (which was the theme of Marcions antithesis about the person of Jesus).
Marcion was the first person to have compiled the NT, his version did not contain the three "Pastoral Epistles of Paul" some of which were written letters to church leaders councelling and advising them against marcionist type of theology i.e Timothy, Hebrew and Titus. Let's not forget that Timothy, Hebrew and Titus were later written and released shortly after Marcion was excommunicated and started his own Marcionist movement.

Abegi, wetin be read the arguments? Which arguments ni? You no make arguments, na claim you jus de claim. Dis one do dat one, dem shoot bird, im mama fly, yade yade bla bla bla......

Wetin you don talk? You no fit talk wetin make all dis ya preachin e come true? Talk am make we know wetin we go answer you. Ah oti o
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
deleted doubling!
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ishilove:
Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

When I'm in that kind of mood one my friend go say: "you don cra[b]s[/b]e/colo finish". grin

Enuwe, I never find the right Tony Okoroji but for purposes of edugamacation, here is a sample of the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5s_pmxbT8

grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by rhymz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: To reiterate for the benefit of Christians: all the claims being made here are rubbish and not worth more than a brief or cursory attention by knowledgeable or simply wise people.

Nicely put like this by someone who examined this "epic work" of Murdock --- or is it "Acharya"? http://www.eddiesnipes.com/2011/02/book-review-the-christ-conspiracy-by-acharya-s/

Edit: and the reviewer concludes

cool
As usual attack the author and take attention away from the main issues addressed.
You should confirm yourself that the people she cited are false . . Archaya only dug deeper into the conspiracy, most of what she has written are not actually new if you make your own research to confirm the authenticity of her claims.
If you find Archaya's style irritating, there over a thousand authors that have written extensively on this topic with differing style and methods but virtually thesame conclusions.
If Christ was so great a person with such a monstrous impact why is it so hard to defend him?
Why do you all resort to "attack tactics" when confronted with unpalatable findings. The internet is there for you all to confirm any false representation by the writer.
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by MrAnony1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
rhymz:

You referred to 1Tim 6:20

[i]Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge [/i]1Tim 6:20 (NIV)

....I hope you do realize that this is a very generic command and can apply to any and all heretics ...........or perhaps I am missing something and you may want to point out to me exactly how this specially applies to Marcion and his doctrines
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
rhymz: As usual attack the author and take attention away from the main issues addressed.
You should confirm yourself that the people she cited are false . . Archaya only dug deeper into the conspiracy, most of what she has written are not actually new if you make your own research to confirm the authenticity of her claims.
If you find Archaya's style irritating, there over a thousand authors that have written extensively on this topic with differing style and methods but virtually thesame conclusions.
If Christ was so great a person with such a monstrous impact why is it so hard to defend him?
Why do you all resort to "attack tactics" when confronted with unpalatable findings. The internet is there for you all to confirm any false representation by the writer.

My dear friend your Murdock or Acharya S is far from new to me; in fact just type Acharya S into even this Nairaland's search engine. wink

cool

Edit: better to use the search engine at the top rather than the one at the bottom. smiley
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

When I'm in that kind of mood one my friend go say: "you don cra[b]s[/b]e/colo finish". grin

Enuwe, I never find the right Tony Okoroji but for purposes of edugamaction, here is a sample of the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5s_pmxbT8

grin
No be small kolo o cheesy

Highlife...

This man is familiar
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^ He was for quite some time president of PMAN; and he was married to a famous female singer too.

Earlier this year I was in Nigeria and saw him appear on TV with an elderly blind gentleman to win money for the latter on the charity version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". smiley

cool
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
This nonsense thread deserves serious derailment
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: ^^ He was for quite some time president of PMAN; and he was married to a famous female singer too.

Earlier this year I was in Nigeria and saw him appear on TV with an elderly blind gentleman to win money for the latter on the charity version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". smiley

cool
Tony Okoroji!!! Ya, now I remember cheesy. I never knew he was a musician shocked
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dayua, we learn something new everyday. tongue
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: Dayua, we learn something new everyday. tongue

smiley

"Dayua" sounds like a cuss word tongue
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by rhymz(m): 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

My dear friend your Murdock or Acharya S is far from new to me; in fact just type Acharya S into even this Nairaland's search engine. wink

cool

Edit: better to use the search engine at the top rather than the one at the bottom. smiley
My friend, I know exactly that, infact the book in question was written in 1999, but that is besides the point. It is the content of her work that I am about not wether it is old or new.
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by rhymz(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

cool

My friend, I know exactly that, infact the book in question was written in 1999, but that is besides the point. It is the content of her work that I am about not wether it is old or new. Anyway, what exactly was the knowledge you got from the threads that already delt with this issue that refuted her claims, I am very much interested in it if you care.
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^ All I know is that her work is rubbish, her claims are rubbish. And no one aware of true scholarship in this area need take her seriously --- only thing to be concerned about are those who may be misled for lack of better information. smiley

cool
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ishilove:
smiley

"Dayua" sounds like a cuss word tongue

Ah, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dayua is a Yoruba contraption of "there you are"! grin

A much more terrible one is 'Eeshobe' believed to be a contraption of "apes obey". shocked

cool
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by rhymz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You referred to 1Tim 6:20

[i]Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge [/i]1Tim 6:20 (NIV)

....I hope you do realize that this is a very generic command and can apply to any and all heretics ...........or perhaps I am missing something and you may want to point out to me exactly how this specially applies to Marcion and his doctrines

Mr Anonym, that aspect of this discussion will be better explained to you through the effort of your own research on Marcion for a start, his theology, his antithesis work and his connection to Paul. You don't need me spoon feeding you with aspects of this discussion not in the scope of this thread.
Do your own research.
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma:

Ah, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dayua is a Yoruba contraption of "there you are"! grin

A much more terrible one is 'Eeshobe' believed to be a contraption of "apes obey". shocked

cool
Issorait! cheesy

Oniyeye ni bobo yi sha cheesy.Egbon mi kolo cheesy cheesy
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Enigma(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Na me be that oh! Somehow, this thread has turned out rather enjoyable!

Enuwe, make I get on the road small for now.

A tout alors. smiley
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: ^^ All I know is that her work is rubbish, her claims are rubbish. And no one aware of true scholarship in this area need take her seriously --- only thing to be concerned about are those who may be misled for lack of better information. smiley

cool
Everything is rubbish. The thread sef na rubbish thread...but I'm havin' so much fun!!!cheesy grin
Re: Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Enigma: Na me be that oh! Somehow, this thread has turned out rather enjoyable!

Enuwe, make I get on the road small for now.

A tout alors. smiley

Right back acha cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank / 5 Keys To Kingdom Wealth / To All The Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.