Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,531 members, 7,865,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

South African Police Kill Striking Miners! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African Police Kill Striking Miners! (27997 Views)

Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / South African police open fire on thousands of striking miners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by emmatok(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
This is a national crisis cry

ZUMA should do something fast,else other groups will join the protest.
That company should enter damage control MODE.
SA are relentless fighters thay will never give up.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Onyenna(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
This report ain't complete!.... Some of the workers were armed with guns.......how do u think the shooting started!?..... U think the cops opened fire just like that?....
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
bittyend:

Definitely not from zionist dominated/controlled western media. I get my news from different sources, to get a clearer picture of what's actually going on..

Yes sources like pressTV, CCTV and Russian TV?
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by terrykarl(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]there is a link between capitalism,the evil system that rules the world and violence,corruption and unemployment.
weeping for the dead :-
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by tit(f): 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
i did not see any weapons with the shot men.
it seems funny that ten rioters would charge at 100 armed policemen.
(you notice the number of police when the camera panned to the right from where most of the machine gunfire came from).
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by bittyend(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
justwise:
Yes sources like pressTV, CCTV and Russian TV?

From your post - I know you're a spook! Sorry, I don't engage spooks in debates, because I already know the gibberish you're going to post before you post them.

Next!! undecided
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by ariyebaba(m): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
I just watched d senseless killing of peaceful demostrators on ALJAZEERA.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by emmatok(m): 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Onyenna: This report ain't complete!.... Some of the workers were armed with guns.......how do u think the shooting started!?..... U think the cops opened fire just like that?....

What other report are you looking for, you think SA is Nigeria?
Just wait and see how the SA government will react to this.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
bittyend:

From your post - I know you're a spook! Sorry, I don't engage spooks in debates, because I already know the gibberish you're going to post before you post them.

Next!! undecided

grin grin grin you are well-known for your garbage so i'm not surprised that you started pouring out your propaganda from pressTV and CCTV.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Lordave: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
bittyend: And before I engage anyone, just know that according to many sources (including Western media) - the police FIRED the first shot. cool
even if the police shot first, are they (miners) supposed to reciprocate? Knowing fully well that they lack arms and the police are sophisticatedlly armed.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Chokolee(m): 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
This is serious!!!
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by andrewza: 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Though loss of life is sad they brought it on them. Let's look at the big picture.

The entire protest and strike is illegal. Though they do have the right to strike and march peacefully there are certain protocols and laws to be followed. Non of witch where.

There are armed. And have used there weapons. 7(+ 3 by police) people died by there hands including 2 cops and more where wounded including 1 cop. They all so stole 1 pistol and a R5 assault rifle from the dead cops. So it is fact they had fire arms.

there demands are insane. They want to earn more money than many people who had to get training. Eg a mechanic in the south african navy who has a college level degree or a student constable in the police who gets shot at.

They refused to disband peacefully when given the option.

They first braved the water canons and tear gas. This show intent. They want to get at the police.

They charged at the police lines. Who defend themselves. Once the charge was stopped they stopped shooting. They did not shoot at people fleeing from them.

In short the miners got what the deserved maybe next time they will think first before believing that some witch doctors blessing and potions can stop a 5.56mm piece of metal traveling faster than the speed of sound.

2 Likes

Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by andrewza: 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
Though loss of life is sad they brought it on them. Let's look at the big picture.

The entire protest and strike is illegal. Though they do have the right to strike and march peacefully there are certain protocols and laws to be followed. Non of witch where.

There are armed. And have used there weapons. 7(+ 3 by police) people died by there hands including 2 cops and more where wounded including 1 cop. They all so stole 1 pistol and a R5 assault rifle from the dead cops. So it is fact they had fire arms.

there demands are insane. They want to earn more money than many people who had to get training. Eg a mechanic in the south african navy who has a college level degree or a student constable in the police who gets shot at.

They refused to disband peacefully when given the option.

They first braved the water canons and tear gas. This show intent. They want to get at the police.

They charged at the police lines. Who defend themselves. Once the charge was stopped they stopped shooting. They did not shoot at people fleeing from them.

In short the miners got what the deserved maybe next time they will think first before believing that some witch doctors blessing and potions can stop a 5.56mm piece of metal traveling faster than the speed of sound.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by bittyend(m): 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
justwise:

grin grin grin you are well-known for your garbage so i'm not surprised that you started pouring out your propaganda from pressTV and CCTV.

More like you're well known for being an uncle Tom - I bet you sing 'God save our queen' every morning.. grin

Don't lie, tell the truth - God's watching you! lipsrsealed
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by bittyend(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
Lordave: even if the police shot first, are they (miners) supposed to reciprocate? Knowing fully well that they lack arms and the police are sophisticatedlly armed.

But why should the police fire shoot protesters?
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by dasparrow: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
@Post

If the miners were being paid a fair wage, they would not have started a protest to begin with. This world is such an unfair place. Tomorrow now, some Nigerian uncle toms and aunt jemimas will be asking why oyibos fleeing financially broke europe will rather go to Mozambique and not Nigeria as if having whitey in one's country will change the life of the average black person. Mtshew!

1 Like

Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by justwise(m): 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
bittyend: And before I engage anyone, just know that according to many sources (including Western media) - the police FIRED the first shot. cool

bittyend:

[b]Definitely not from zionist dominated/controlled western media. [/b]I get my news from different sources, to get a clearer picture of what's actually going on..

Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by andrewza: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
ariyebaba: I just watched d senseless killing of peaceful demostrators on ALJAZEERA.

Peaceful? They charged through tear gas and water canons, they where armed, had killed before and where charging police lines. Where do you see peaceful
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Lordave: 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
bittyend:

But why should the police fire shoot protesters?
lets assume they did shot first and it's a mistake that has been made, but is it justifiable that those miners confront them? Mind you that police in western countries do make that same mistake.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite: Well done, South African police!

I stand in ovation!

When people behave like barbaric animals, kill them like mere barbaric animals.

Slaughter them. Cretins!

I am not surprised by your comment; clearly typical of you "Sagamite". It reflects your low intelligence quotient and invariably exemplifies who you are. You are a disgrace to Nigerians and would had been better off if your parents aborted you as zygote.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Lordave: 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Danka7777:

I am not surprised by your comment; clearly typical of you "Sagamite". It reflects your low intelligence quotient and invariably exemplifies who you are. You are a disgrace to Nigerians and would had been better off if your parents aborted you as zygote.
all because of his comment?
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by andrewza: 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
tit: i did not see any weapons with the shot men.
it seems funny that ten rioters would charge at 100 armed policemen.
(you notice the number of police when the camera panned to the right from where most of the machine gunfire came from).

They where armed. Watching the video you can see the police removing them from the area. There where still a large number of living in that group.

Watch the video fully you can see behind the cops was a army nyla flatbed so the army was behind that line to. Luck for the miners they did not charge them. There might not have been any left.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Lordave: all because of his comment?

Click on his username and read his past comments. usually, I don't stoop so low...apologize to anyone who finds my reply offensive, but had to take out time to call him out.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 17, 2012

I stand in ovation!

Slaughter them. Cretins!

Danka7777:

Gehn Gehn lipsrsealed
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by chii8(f): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2012
ajos:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC0VMluwjAQvVfqP0S
+
its nt a must u wl post here,stop wasting ur talent cos u need 2 b in KG class,where they learn hw 2 write letter A

1 Like

Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by chii8(f): 12:14am On Aug 17, 2012
Danka7777:

mehn..... Ur too harsh
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by kobikwelu(m): 2:03am On Aug 17, 2012
The right to protest is one thing..you can throw stones, molotov cocktails at the cops and run ..the most you'll get might be rubber pellets...

BUT

when a group of grown men with machetes, sticks and spears charge head long(like NAMA) towards the police, what do you expect they do??
watch and get hacked by these mumus

THEY deserved it!!!

and meanwhile, i think the so called head of these union who sanctioned such action should be arrested and dealt with..its one thing to protest for your rights, but when it generates into turning men into militias to intimidate the police then you are asking for another thing..

I bet the so called "oga" that planned that charge was no-where close to the action....

now many families would go without their bread winners!!! because of some power hungry FOOL
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Princek12(m): 2:11am On Aug 17, 2012

I stand in ovation!

Slaughter them. Cretins!

Police should protect and serve the people, not murder them, except in self defense. And in using self defense, the amount of force exerted has to be proportional to the threat received.

After watching the video, it is clear that the SA police responded with excessive force.
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Jambsupport(f): 2:28am On Aug 17, 2012
injustice
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by Jambsupport(f): 2:32am On Aug 17, 2012
den dats terrible, y wud dey shot at mere civilians gosh
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by sambos994(m): 2:34am On Aug 17, 2012
ooseven: Video below.

WARNING!!! GRAPHIC CONTENT!!!

Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqSjgMKv-I

Anyone notice something? White person commanding black people? Tsk tsk tsk
Re: South African Police Kill Striking Miners! by BetaThings: 3:34am On Aug 17, 2012
berem: did u actually post this topic to type such a disgusting and wicked comment? Boy! U need to get ur brain diagnosed!smh for u.

People wielding machete approached police after defying water cannon and tear gas. Will police just turn and run?

But target of bombers below should die though there is no proof of their guilt

berem: Confusion at last! Make dem dey kill themselves joor.who cares anyway!

berem: Hmmmm! Na wa o! They always escape and never get killed in the bomb explosion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Lesotho General Elections 2022: RFP, A Newly Formed Party Is Winning / Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo) / Niger Republic 'Coup Attempt Foiled' Ahead Of Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.