Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Fela As A Deity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fela As A Deity. (2172 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 6:25am On Dec 25, 2007
Fela actually could be deified as a god.(Followership)
What did he actually believe in,what made him strong and resourceful in chaos?his sincerity,his defiance,his selflessness,originality and general intelligence in darkness.
It is something to emulate.I respect him.How about you?
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Kobojunkie: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2007
No offense, but some of us actually saw him as an igbo smoking hoodlum who made sense every now and then and nothing more. So you can imagine what I think of your post on deifying such a man. We might as well make every druggie out there who have at one time or another done something intelligent a god while we are at it. I mean there are many known men on that list who were before fela.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 7:08am On Dec 25, 2007
@ kobojunkies,i challenge you to do your research about Fela Kuti,paste his biography on this forum if you care,let strangers judge.Those you respect,i can picture your type,that run the world affairs,are cocaine addicts and harbitual drunkards,Fela never did cocaine,he smoked weed,natural herb,and all his life,he was a master, helping others to know the truth, you are just one of them,colo.
But all the same,you are entitle to your comment,keep it rolling.If every body knows,Africa will be free,lest i am never suprise of people's indiffrence.

1 Like

Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2007
What is a god?A god is the way,the light and the truth.it is an ideology,somthing that keeps you whole,something that add meanings and solutions to this meaningless race.Originality,common,be original.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2007
redsun:

@ kobojunkies,i challenge you to do your research about Fela Kuti,paste his biography on this forum if you care,let strangers judge.Those you respect,i can picture your type,that run the world affairs,are cocaine addicts and harbitual drunkards,Fela never did cocaine,he smoked weed,natural herb,and all his life,he was a master, helping others to know the truth, you are just one of them,colo.
But all the same,you are entitle to your comment,keep it rolling.If every body knows,Africa will be free,lest i am never suprise of people's indiffrence.

LMAO!!!! I used to be a fella junkie myself when I was in high school. I am sorry but I know a lot of the guy from back in the 70's up to his death and I still hold the same views I hold today of him. You have no idea who I respect and I am sorry to tell you, I do not know of the ones you claim are running world affairs. Your assumption of me is way off. Like I said in my post, he was a junkie and he remained one till his death. Call it natural or whatever you want to but you and I know what weed does to the human mind and so trying to call him master and all will never change the fact that he used it and did it right before playing too. Like I mentioned earlier, fela is not and will not be the only person in history who used or took advantage of mind altering substances. I personally do not think he revealed anything new about africa and happenings in the country of Nigeria that many did not already know. I mean he was outspoken and challenged the system through his songs while many others did the same through other means. So I am sorry if I do not share your respect for the man but I do not believe he deserves to be thought of in that nature. There are many like him all over history who did well in different ways and would fall under the same flag. So Like I said, if you want to speak of deitification, start from the others and then address fela when you get to him down the list.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2007
Who in the world can you compare with Fela Kuti,apart from men like Jesus,Medela,Albert Einstein,Malcolm X,Marcus Garvey,Che,men of intelligence,intergrity and selflessness,marvericks,gave their lives for knowledge,truth and freedom of the blind and oppressed.
Fela was down to earth,he identified with commoners,he felt and lived their pain,just like Buddah,even with his aristocratic family background,his education,his talents,his resourcefulness,exposure,name it,he had it all but he was their for the people,teaching them,that they can live,if they choose to,with their main and only problem,the system.
The goverment one way or the other contributed immensely to his death due to constant beatings and harrassment because he was openly pointing out their ills and crimes against humanity,apart from Gani in his corporate ways,who else have been more daring in exposing the ignorance and atrocities of what we call goverments and religion in africa and the world in general,beast of no nation,listen to his music,some people just hear the beats of music,without listening,it's like hip-hop,people hate it even without listening,propangandas by the media and ever montrous system,to surpress the truth,you can't stop change.
Followership is all about promotion ,education and usefulness.Music is a weapon.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2007
redsun:

Who in the world can you compare with Fela Kuti,apart from men like Jesus,Medela,Albert Einstein,Malcolm X,Marcus Garvey,Che,men of intelligence,intergrity and selflessness,marvericks,gave their lives for knowledge,truth and freedom of the blind and oppressed.
Fela was down to earth,he identified with commoners,he felt and lived their pain,just like Buddah,even with his aristocratic family background,his education,his talents,his resourcefulness,exposure,name it,he had it all but he was their for the people,teaching them,that they can live,if they choose to,with their main and only problem,the system.
The goverment one way or the other contributed immensely to his death due to constant beatings and harrassment because he was openly pointing out their ills and crimes against humanity,apart from Gani in his corporate ways,who else have been more daring in exposing the ignorance and atrocities of what we call goverments and religion in africa and the world in general,beast of no nation,listen to his music,some people just hear the beats of music,without listening,it's like hip-hop,people hate it even without listening,propangandas by the media and ever montrous system,to surpress the truth,you can't stop change.
Followership is all about promotion ,education and usefulness.Music is a weapon.

Well, I now at this point accept that you live in a world completely opposite of mine. I could not even with a pole compare fela with all those you listed up there. Infact, Like I mentioned earlier, I do not hold the guy high on my list, he might as well had been sonny okosun for all I care and hence the reason why I consider your thread on making him a deity a complete waste of space. So I will leave you to your belief now knowing I may never and will never understand what you see when you think of this man called fela.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2007
I see an alternative beliefs,principles and courageous and radical approach to blackman's mentality that have been keeping him in the dark for heaven knows when,always playing the second fiddle.
I wonder what you see if you can't see Fela in line with greatness,probably i don't get what your idea of greatness is, which i am not really interested in, like you said,it is a total opposite of my concepts,this topic is not for you,you are an unbeliever, you will never see the way i see, someday you may or may be you never will,that's your life,it sad to me,but it makes the whole world to you.
However,truth is universal,blackman need some kind of new fundamental beliefs and principles to make a head way in an ever changing world,dynamism,understading the basic principles of gravity and nature in general is essential,people will realise what responsibility is,we like to live in past and by myths,instead of reality.It takes you to discover to know,originality,Fela was a creator,he created his own music and style from nothing,Afro-Beats,there are very few men in the world that can do that,yet all you see is a weed smoker,common, open your eyes,babylonian,it is like saying Bob Marley is crazy,who can say that,apart from agents of evil.,haters of truth.
Some times i marvel at black peolple's variations of idea and beliefs,and what make sense to them as regards heroism,patirotism and achivements,they just have this colonial mentality of what a gentleman is,it is like a black man in suit and tie strggling for molue in hot Lagos sun,he will sweat and smell like shit all the name of english etiquett,a typical whiteman don't  don't give a mess about etiquette,it is all in paper,they don't even wash their hands afer using toilet,they are like dragons,always want to eat you alive,yet those are the ones they respect,like obansanjo,a known thief, has ruled nigeria twice and people respect a theif and honour a rogue,meanwhile Fela who gave to people rather than taking could be seen as weed nutter,what an irony.
I no be gentleman at all,i be Africa man original.Listen to that track.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Betty605: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2007
Guys stop actingCHILDISH, please this is a religious forum, go fix your argument in celebrities or music,  k k angry

please grin
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2007
It is not about argument,it is about pointing out facts,whether you agree or not,it's my own veiw of things and i am very sure alot of true nigerians will agree,when i mean true,i am talking about those that really feel  the pain of every day strife in nigeria,not the so called aje- butters whose  parents one way or the other,mostly by corruption and very few, have been able to break the barriers of purgatory in africa or sojourners abroad like me,hiding under whiteman's wing,as if it came from heaven,they made it what it is through visions and hard work,mostly slave or cheap labour from us,we do the hard work,while they do the plotting,i wonder why we can put in the hard work in our own place and do the plotting as well
Meanwhile,religion is tradition,culture,a way of life,it could be inform of music,speech,education,worship,eating,even sex,it's a way of communicating,dealing with unknown and the known with gratifing fulfilment Some use it for after life fulfilment,while to some,it is eathly,there is nothing sacred,it is just man's imagination and quest to understand the vacuum of life and making the best of what they can,exploration.
Rome was not built in a day,every ideology starts with a hint,the important thing is to spread the message and let the people choose, people need to free themselves from self induced afflictions,stack ignorance and laxity.Ideas springs up as alternative to failed ones.Solutions.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by MP007(m): 5:50am On Dec 28, 2007
", fela did do cocaine but weed " what? who cares, the point is that I just can't imagine someone waking up and worshiping FELLA, funny and stupid
Re: Fela As A Deity. by wendymanda: 5:53am On Dec 28, 2007
Who the hell is Fela.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
It is not worship as you are taght to know,it is about ideas,principles and ways of going  about things,so far everything has failed blackman,not even jesus because we don't understand what it is all about,it is about living it,feeling it and passing it on,not what has been said,but what you say as regards who you are,how you live and what makes sense to you.

So far,there is no society in africa,it's all about madness and dog eat dogs,lacking the basics of life due to lack of fundamentals,not knowing what has,what is and what will,you are what you say it is,use your hands,your legs and brain to overcome,if you overcome the phisical then the spiritual is at your disposal,you are everything,the body,the spirit and the dust,all in one,stop lacking and start thinking.

Be a god man and live without fear and evil.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Carlosein(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2007
* opens the door, peeps in, turns around and closes door thinking-looney tunes-no need to get involved here* undecided
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2007
redsun:

It is not worship as you are taght to know,it is about ideas,principles and ways of going  about things,so far everything has failed blackman,not even jesus because we don't understand what it is all about,it is about living it,feeling it and passing it on,not what has been said,but what you say as regards who you are,how you live and what makes sense to you.
So far,there is no society in africa,it's all about madness and dog eat dogs,lacking the basics of life due to lack of fundamentals,not knowing what has,what is and what will,you are what you say it is,use your hands,your legs and brain to overcome,if you overcome the phisical then the spiritual is at your disposal,you are everything,the body,the spirit and the dust,all in one,stop lacking and start thinking.

Be a god man and live without fear and evil.

According to topic Fela as a "god or divine person"

The point of all this,is it to worship or rever him? I don't understand. From your latest posts the answer you gave was No because you said it was about Fela's ideas, principles, and ways of going about things. Nevertheless I do not know how that corresponds with making him a deity (i.e if I should go with the dictionary meaning of deity and not your own). From your previous posts, this is just another attempt of trying to bring about a "supposed black superiority" through deification.  Maybe you don't understand what Jesus was all about but I can assure you I know what he's about in my life.  What you say as regards who you are, how you live, what makes sense to you and not what has been said or passed down (according to your posts) would only land the world with more problems than it can chew. Meaning, what are the chances of someone not seeing anything wrong in beating your wife or rape since you proposed an individualistic approach in life in your words "what makes sense to you" forgetting there are psychopaths out there.

Back to topic, before I "follow" anyone, I put into consideration the person's lifestyle as well as his/her actions, and Fela doesn't fit my description of a role model let alone a deity.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2007
What makes jesus diffrent from fela,jesus was a non violent rebel who preached against the injustice of the romans and corrupt jewish leaders  of his time,that cost him his life,Fela did the same,the only diffrence is that he was not crucified on the cross,but he was harrassed and beaten by goverments in nigeria till he died.
Some times people just think that this brain washed religion came from the sky,it built up with time, with alot of innovations,ideas and propanganda to gather followers and control minds,just like the minds of africans and the rest of third world have been put in spin waiting for jesus that will never come,jesus is here,that is you,christ story is a story of overcoming the physical as well the spiritual by claiming and living the ultimate,infinite.
It is  easier for you to say whiteman's god and teachings will save you than for you to say i will save myself,because you can't even make clean water available and you call yourself human.When you  lack mentally,you lack otherwise.
Religion for the wise is a way of expressing one's creative abilities and power over the physicals.Whiteman says follow me and you follow because he is teaching you how to live,it is a way of telling that you are too primitive to have an original view of god and nature,taking away the fundamentals,that is why till date we still don't understand the mechanism of common wheels that the egyptians invented thousands of years ago.Politicians steal money to buy ferraris to drive in pot holes filled roads,this are things they can make if they have ever seen the brain as organ for reasoning,they think the angels reasons for man.Dickheads.

1 Like

Re: Fela As A Deity. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ redsun

So Fela is the way to a better Africa? First of all Jesus is and was not a whiteman.  Please do not compare Jesus with Fela. Everytime we are ready to blame the whiteman. For God's sakes let black people take responsibility for their actions and stop whinning about suppression by the whites. I don't think you would be typing what you just wrote now if not for the whiteman. You probably be dancing in the bush if the whiteman hadn't come.  If you gave birth to twins, they probably would have been thrown into the evil forest. Do you think as a lady I wouldn't be married to some old guy by now? Do you think Africa never practised religion before the invasion of the whiteman? Should I not wear clothes anymore because I do not want to follow the whiteman? Should I return to unclothedness with my breasts dangling in mid air? All because I do not want to follow the whiteman. I do not know the kind of religion you practise that make you feel all Africans especially Nigerians do not have dreams and visions, do not be deceived. I was never taught to believe I am inferior to any man. If that is how you see yourself then maybe you should have a rethink and stop putting black people in a stereotypical box. You can talk and whine all you want if you as a person cannot put your words of supposed "redemption" into actions, forget it. kiss
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2007
The general depiction of jesus is that of whiteman blue eyes,long hair perfection.You said it it all,mentality,you have to refine instintively,nobody teaches you that,unless you are sub-human.
However,whiteman did not teach the egyptians and the nubians how to build a perfect civilization,rather they copied these people,astronomy,engineering,religion,architecture,the same fomular but diffrent time and diffrent applications.
Go back to genuine history,not myths like you have in the bible,then you be able to tell the future.
Fela stood for justice for all,freedom and emancipation of the blind,how many africans,dead and alive can boast of that for real,selfish,visionless motherfuckers.I wan build house,my mama dey for house,i no wan die, army man go weep your yansh,you no go talk,police man go slap your face you go de look like donkey,politicians go steal your money you still dey mumu,you go juba bishop,juba pastor,juba iman.Some of fela's lyrics,suffering and smilling.
I am of for something serious,it is like pouring water on a stone.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2007
That's its the difference between the two of us I wasn't brought up to think blue eyes and long hair were definitions of perfection but character and the persona of a person.
Do you think an average Nigerian do not stand up for the charateristics you attributed to Fela. I'm of the reason Fela do not reach my idea of deification. If you want to deify him, that's your problem but how is it beneficial to the "emancipation" of the black man?

stillwater:

You can talk and whine all you want if you as a person cannot put your words of supposed "redemption" into actions, forget it. kiss
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Hsmpwise(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
Redsun,

If you meant this thread as a light forum to stimulate discusion and jokes, then you are forgiven. If, on the other hand, you are actually serious about "Abami Eda" being a deity in the mould of Master Jesus, then you must be joking!

Fela?! "Fela, Fela - this bitch of a life!", like a book on the radical one said, was a phenomenon. A phenomenon in the sense of being a social crusader who decided to use his ingenuity to confront the corrupt contraption called the Nigerian leadership. In the process, he paid a heavy price - definitely not his life. That was effectively taken care of by his uncontrolled lust.

Fela spoke about everything African. He was patriotic to the core. However, in living his life, he was unguarded in the sense that he misled many with his unbroken allegiance to "kukuye" or cannabis as you may know it.
It would however be unfair to describe him as just an "igbo-smoking hoodlum" like someone wrote. Having said this, he was definitely not a deity and in his interesting life, never claimed to be one. So why make the man what he never claimed to be, dear Redsun? We have had enough deities and messiahs in this world. Let us now concentrate energies on making the world a better place to live. Free of the threats of Al-Queda and so many factors that make living such a dangerous journey. Let us concentrate energies on making Nigeria a better place, free of the suffocating political class that impoverishes the country daily. Let us remember Fela for what he lived for and pray that his soul rests in peace!
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2007
A prophet is not honoured is his country.Deification could be in form of ideology,principles,just following in footsteps to what can bring mental and physical salvation to people,not that kind of religion that people are trapped and tricked into,but a kind of individualistic approach to basic human problems,with vigour,truth and fearlessness,just like Fela did.
Meanwhile,weed is not as montrous as people make it out to be,it is not as dangerous or mind blowing as achohol,cocaine,heroine,lsd,even sleeping pills,weed is a natural herb,for thinkers and meditators,if all this mad and blood sucking politicians smoke weed, there won't be war and corruptions in the world,they are all drunkards and cocaine addits and it keeps them high and crazy all the time,thus having no human feelings,weed mellows you,it gives an insight into what is otherwise shallow,it is not for evil or weak mind,that is why some peolpe can't handle it
Meanwhile it could be very hot for african sun,but a little bit of it now and then won't be bad for an active mind,it is not good for loafers.You use to expantiate.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Don1DeMaco: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2007
i dont know about deity but if its about caring about humanity selflessness honesty then he is ur man not to mention his abundant talent, for me i ll rather call him a legend, im one of his fanatical followers, i think i have almost all his works but still i dont think the word diety is the right word to describe such a man

and pls smoking cannabis or igbo is not a bad thing, it has nothing to do with the way u think, see life or ideology, its smoking too much of it that is bad im mean even too much water can run u mad. Bob Marley no smoke igbo? is he not one of the iconic figures of Jamaica

Fela's ideology is first class and second to none, his lifestyle is his choice like i said i respect the man but dat one no mean say i go come go smoke igbo, so a legend he is diety i dont think so
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2007
The fact remains that deification is man made,whether appolo,zeus or jesus,it is just about idles of men that people choose to emulate,some are myths while some are real,but it developes with time,a thousand years in history is like a snap of finger.It is just like beatification by the pope,of all the saints in the world,there's no known black saints,not that it bothers me,but it is just a way of telling you that this things are games,declare it by understanding it and claiming it,i am not telling anybody to harm or depend on anybody like the christians and moslem do,a continuous circle of beg and give,if you slip,you go to hell,what a gimmick to keep people in boundage,and apart from from that,you must blindly believe,no questions asked,no reasoning and yet we live in the world of observation and reasoning,it takes whiteman reasoning to be able to chart the water to come to africa in the first place and gave us their culture,yet people just live for after life and let the real world slip by,just be yourself and live without unnecessary fears and dogmas.Embrace reality and solve problems
Africa at this point in time need radical principles to forge ahead,principles that come from within,you feel it ,live and act it for the good of all,so  that the children won't grow up to live in the world where every thing seems to be a promblem,from drinking water,power,food,mobility,clothes,accomodation,name it,lacking basic necessities of life,mysteries in the face of reality,it is some thing we can change if we begin to see the embarassment of lagging behind,whiteman don't just point fingers at the hungry children,women and men in africa as the fools or almost ape like,but to every blackman and woman that allows it to happen,it is a race thing,it does not make a diffrence wheather you live in ikoyi or victotia island,the fact that the state of your country is the way it is puts you in the same realm with somebody that lives in maroko or orile.
Actions of politicians kill thousand of children,men and women in africa everyday,yet people can't realistically see the evil in them,instead they give them high places in churches and mosques.Malaria retards brain,apart from killing and yet that is what people suffer everyday in africa because filth and moral decadence.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Betty605: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2008
nobody answered you again LOL, hahahhaha serves you right, carry your childish argument to celebrities , u were still talking rubbish der cool
Re: Fela As A Deity. by dafidixone(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
Fela actually could be deified as a god.(Followership)
What did he actually believe in,what made him strong and resourceful in chaos?his sincerity,his defiance,his selflessness,originality and general intelligence in darkness.
It is something to emulate.I respect him.How about you?

I don't beleive in deity anyway. But I just like you to understand that those who abuse substance e.g smokers of HMarijuana etc could present some character that might amaze us sometimes. Ithink this has to do with the effect of those substance on their brain.

I am saying this because I have a friend like that, He is not fluent in spoken english but as soon as he is drunk the kind of grammer he speaks will amase you. fela could among tjis class.

Bravo! grin
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2008
Comprehension,so easy,yet so difficult.A case of people perishing for lack of knowledge,africa is a glaring example today,it is right before your eyes,yet you can't see that it is what you are not doing right, that is the problem,not what the heavens or gods are not doing right or wrong.Eyes that can't see,ears that can't hear,nose that can't smell.SAD.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Hsmpwise(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2008
Shalom!

I cannot but agree with the views expressed by Betty 605. Redsun, the purpose of your argument is really not clear and it really sounds childish. In one breath, you were advocating the deification of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. At the same time, you were eulogising the benefits of cannabis. I am sorry to say, but all your arguments are simply based on ignorance. I am into the field of mental health here in the United Kingdom and i have seen the horrendous effects of cannabis on young minds. This has prompted the reported intention of the UK government to re-classify cannabis as a grade B drug. Many minds have been destroyed from taking cannabis. It is not a drug worth eulogising.

As it is such a free world, you are very free to make Fela your God, but please refrain from linking the non-acceptance of your weird belief to a reason for Africa's underdevelopment. I really cannot see how your proposal will accelerate Africa's economic progress. Enough of this abnormal topic. Anyway, for me, i am signing out.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2008
Life is dimensional,the west has reached its peak,it is going through a phase of emptiness as a result of forging on ,while africa is the total opposite,a phase of lack,as a result of stack unforgiving ignorance.Always believing,without understanding,zombies.
It is not weed that is driving people crazy in england,it is hatred and excessive achohol comsumption,people are drinking themsselves to depression  and untimely death aswell as cocaine,estacy,lsd,name it, drug use,do you ever go to white clubs?and see decent middle class,good looking white boys and girls using hard drugs like water,that is what they come to the clubs for,get high and be crazy,it is their religion.
No love,people are programme to hate and be angry,sterotypes,it's like a boomerang,what you give,you get.Digitalnatives,according to new australian dictionary,do you ever try to form a new word?
Re: Fela As A Deity. by redsun(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2008
Life is dimensional,the west has reached its peak,it is going through a phase of emptiness as a result of forging on ,while africa is the total opposite,a phase of lack,as a result of stack unforgiving ignorance.Always believing,without understanding,zombies.
It is not weed that is driving people crazy in england,it is hatred and excessive achohol comsumption,people are drinking themsselves to depression  and untimely death aswell as cocaine,estacy,lsd,name it, drug use,do you ever go to white clubs?and see decent middle class,good looking white boys and girls using hard drugs like water,that is what they come to the clubs for,get high and be crazy,it is their religion.
No love,people are programme to hate and be angry,sterotypes,it like a boomerang,what you give,you get.Digitalnatives,according to new australian dictionary,do you ever try to form a new word?
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
redsun: What makes jesus diffrent from fela,jesus was a non violent rebel who preached against the injustice of the romans and corrupt jewish leaders  of his time,that cost him his life,Fela did the same,the only diffrence is that he was not crucified on the cross,but he was harrassed and beaten by goverments in nigeria till he died.
Some times people just think that this brain washed religion came from the sky,it built up with time, with alot of innovations,ideas and propanganda to gather followers and control minds,just like the minds of africans and the rest of third world have been put in spin waiting for jesus that will never come,jesus is here,that is you,christ story is a story of overcoming the physical as well the spiritual by claiming and living the ultimate,infinite.
It is  easier for you to say whiteman's god and teachings will save you than for you to say i will save myself,because you can't even make clean water available and you call yourself human.When you  lack mentally,you lack otherwise.
Religion for the wise is a way of expressing one's creative abilities and power over the physicals.Whiteman says follow me and you follow because he is teaching you how to live,it is a way of telling that you are too primitive to have an original view of god and nature,taking away the fundamentals,that is why till date we still don't understand the mechanism of common wheels that the egyptians invented thousands of years ago.Politicians steal money to buy ferraris to drive in pot holes filled roads,this are things they can make if they have ever seen the brain as organ for reasoning,they think the angels reasons for man.Dickheads.

I totally agree with you. FELA is a God,even better than the god of the bible.
Re: Fela As A Deity. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
redsun: A prophet is not honoured is his country.Deification could be in form of ideology,principles,just following in footsteps to what can bring mental and physical salvation to people,not that kind of religion that people are trapped and tricked into,but a kind of individualistic approach to basic human problems,with vigour,truth and fearlessness,just like Fela did.
Meanwhile,weed is not as montrous as people make it out to be,it is not as dangerous or mind blowing as achohol,cocaine,heroine,lsd,even sleeping pills,weed is a natural herb,for thinkers and meditators,if all this mad and blood sucking politicians smoke weed, there won't be war and corruptions in the world,they are all drunkards and cocaine addits and it keeps them high and crazy all the time,thus having no human feelings,weed mellows you,it gives an insight into what is otherwise shallow,it is not for evil or weak mind,that is why some peolpe can't handle it
Meanwhile it could be very hot for african sun,but a little bit of it now and then won't be bad for an active mind,it is not good for loafers.You use to expantiate.

Everything Fela predicted about Nigeria,while it was obvious all came true. I have a lot of respect For Fela and to me he worthier God than jesus. Many people may not have the same view as we do now,but in future they will.

Fela is for Africa and Jesus is Israel. Mandela for South Africa and Gandhi for India. Adorning Gandhi in South Africa wouldn't have stopped apartheid .

(1) (Reply)

The Sons Of Perdition / Why Do Christians Go To Church On Monday? / Pics: Difference Between How Muslim & Christians Train Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.