Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. (1163 Views)

How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone. / Please What's Etisalat Settings To Browse On Modem? / Useful WAP/MMS tips on Glo plus everything you need to know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by topeteadr(m): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2007
Guys, can i use my mms settings to run applications.
And if i can, how do i go 'bout it.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dragnet: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2007
tope_teadr. . . .u shuldnt hav creatd a whole thread 'c0s of this .
the answer is no! .except ur applicatns can run with wap settings, if they can run with wap settings. .u can. .if they cant. .4get it tongue . . . .u d0wnloaded d game?
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2007
dragnet:

the answer is no! .except your applicatns can run with wap settings, if they can run with wap settings. .u can. .if they can't. .forget it

Point of correction, ALL APPLICATION RUN WITH WAP SETTINGS! It all depends if youur fone allows it, check your application network connection settingz, u 'll see HTTP or WAP, while some r either HTTP or TCP, some HTTP or SOCKET.
so it all depends if your fone hav the capability to connect the app.

@tope_teadr, if you got Motorola or SE fone they both connect well with mms setting, but nokia s40 wnt allow u, dnt knw if s60 ll,
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by honsule(m): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2007
@Maxjax.I beg to disagree with u on the point that if Tope should have an SE phone the mms application will run.I activated a guy's sim using SE phone and it can't even open email let alone running opera.And lot of people complained to me about their inability to use applications on their SE.So,what are you talking about
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2007
@honsule i hav configd lots of guys SE fone k510, k700, k750 they all work. on the fones connection settinz change the options to either WAP or HTTP thats all.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by honsule(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2007
Ok.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2007
that's d spirit, im off 2 mig3
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by skipo87(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2007
i miss mig33 sad
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dragnet: 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2007
whts special abt mig33 undecided
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by honsule(m): 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2007
@dragnet.Nothing at all.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by sect(m): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2007
Mig sucks
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by topeteadr(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2007
I see nothing special 'bout mig33.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2007
mig33 suckz i knw, bt movin wit d rite circlez is wot matter fellaz @skipo wat happend 2 yo' mig?
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2007
mig33 suckz i knw, bt movin wit d rite circlez is wot matter fellaz @skipo wat happend 2 yo' mig?
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by skipo87(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
mig may suck but i've got my click of friends there. i also use it for my yahoo and msn contacts. i'm not interested in making friends there and i don't go into chat rooms except i need to. . . . . . . @ max my phone application don't allow the use of wap with applications and since mms is like wap it won't work with applications.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by mcmsat(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2007
I use mine (W810i) to do all I could with normal settings, exept ONE thing!, Downloading a file of a big size.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by honsule(m): 4:57am On Dec 27, 2007
[quote author=skipo87@ max my phone application don't allow the use of wap with applications and since mms is like wap it won't work with applications.
[quote][/quote] the solution to that is very simple.boil hot water,put your phone inside for about 5minutes then remove and dry it in the sun.your phone will start running applications with wap/mms
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by Fadajasi(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2007
Are you abnormal at all?
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dragnet: 8:36am On Dec 27, 2007
honsule, .hehehehe. I get u 100% ! "0ne go0d turn. . . ." wink or shuld I say "0ne bad advice . . . .deserves grin
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dragnet: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2007
honsule, .hehehehe. I get u 100% ! "0ne go0d turn. . . ." wink or shuld I say "0ne bad advice . . . .deserves grin
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by aomom(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2007
i av bn usin mms 2 run mig d point is d gatway is nt wap bt http more or less lyk access internet bt u cant download large files dat is just da problem. Enjoy ur surf. Bt i use autentic n91.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by tobs(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2007
hm,guyz 4 ur application should to work on either nokia or S.E,make sure u set d right settings, for S.E users,simple go to SETTINGS FOR JAVA then choose d MMS settings u want to use, for NOKIA users,u should know how to go about urs.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by tobs(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2007
also NOTE dat,some application cant be runned with WAP,some allow INTERNET.while some WAP and some both
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by maxjax(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2007
skipo87:

@ max my phone application don't allow the use of wap with applications and since mms is like wap it won't work with applications.

But mine does! Shey u 're still usin' that motorola? at yo' fones web session setting i.e the mms settin' u 're using CHANGE THE SERVICE TYPE TO: HTTP, PROXY: put the IP no, PORT No: 8080. then run the application, goto connection, then click the HTTP button. It should then connect with WAP settin'
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by deeteeneey(f): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2007
Pls u guyz shld elaborate more.i want 2 enjoy free brwsin while its last.
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dapsycool(m): 5:03am On Dec 28, 2007
Nada! Some Nokia phones won't allow you to use wap/mms settings to run applications even if u are the greatest phone guru. So if u use an s40v2a or s40v3 phone, and no option for ip in access point settings, just accept faith and don't stress yourself much, cos your application aint gonna work without internet settings
Re: Using Mms Settings To Run Applications. by dapsins69(m): 6:40am On Dec 28, 2007
i have the mms seetin on my phone. i got the wap seetings also. my phone browses but i cant send mms. I would really want to get down with this browsing tingy!
@ tope.

dapoogunkola@yahoo.com is email.hit me up please

(1) (Reply)

Google Search Tricks / Mtn 200 Cards / Unlock My Hp Ipaq 514 Voice Messenger For Mtn-ng Network.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.