Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Islam And Their Moonlight Tales - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Their Moonlight Tales (754 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by ITSOLUTIONS: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2012
i just check my calender that was given to me december 2011 during an event i attended. The very day two salah celebration will hold is right there. (see the screen shot). my question is who is deceiving who? or they want to tell me they didnt know salah would hold on sun 19 july 2012? i really dont get the moonlight myths. Maybe somebody can help me out here.
Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by ITSOLUTIONS: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2012
sun

Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by Wateron: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2012
This is just a guess by the maker of the calendar. If the moon was sited yesternight we would have been celebrating Eid today. If u check another calendar perhaps it will say 18 or 20. Islam has its principle it guides the religion.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by ITSOLUTIONS: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2012
HEY JUST CHECK LAST TWO YEARS CALENDER AND THEY GOT IT RIGHT TOO. Still wondering!
Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by CrazyMan(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2012
Wateron: This is just a guess by the maker of the calendar. If the moon was sited yesternight we would have been celebrating Eid today. If u check another calendar perhaps it will say 18 or 20. Islam has its principle it guides the religion.
Confused people
Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by Sweetnecta: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2012
since its an event in the future, they may or may not get it right.

further, can you check the calender from the same maker for all of the times the muslims have been making the 2 celebrations if the maker always get it right to that we may know that he always knew?

how about the rest of the muslim world that does not now your calender producer? what shall they do, considering that the judiciary council in saudi arabia had to consult and then made their announcement only yesterday?

how about when a single id was celebrated by a segment of the people on a different day that the other segment celebrated it?

you enemies of Islam don't usually think deep enough.
Re: Islam And Their Moonlight Tales by tpia5: 6:58am On Aug 20, 2012
it might depend on the country and sometimes the dates may vary.

there's some intentional vagueness about it, i should think.

here's a site which gives aug 19, while some other sites say aug 18:

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/eid-al-fitr

anyway, time to prepare for post-ramadan, since the actual ramadan is already over.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Families Look After Kolkata Synagogues In India / They(west) Said- We Civilized Africa. How True? / Whatever Allah Does It Is For Our Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.