Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Islam And Obedience To Leaders - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Obedience To Leaders (5966 Views)

No Alcohol In Islam And The Flawed Knowledge About Its Benefit For The Heart / Islam And Spirituality / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders by makzeze: 5:20am On Sep 11, 2015
One of the most important Islamic injunctions is obedience (with goodness) to constituted authority and the leaders in the society.
The Islamic scholars said it is compulsory to obey and follow leaders and constituted authority as long as they do not command us to disobey Allah and His noble Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). However, they added, there is no obedience to leaders and constituted authority when they command their followers to disobey Allah and His Prophet, Muhammad (pbuh).

This is in line with what Allah says in the Qur’an chapter 4:59, “O ye who have believed, obey Allah and obey His Messenger and the people of authority amongst you. And if you disagree over anything, return the matter to Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad, pbuh) if you truly believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.”
And it is also in line with the Prophet (pbuh) said: “Whoever obeys me, has indeed obeyed Allah; whoever disobeys me, has indeed disobeyed Allah; whoever obeys the leader, has indeed obeyed me; whoever disobeys the leader, has indeed disobeyed me”. (Bukhari and Muslim).
He (pbuh) also said: “Hear and obey, even if a black, ugly, small-headed black slave is made your leader”. (Bukhari and Muslim)
He (pbuh) further said: “Hear and obey even if you are beaten (unjustly) and your wealth is wrongly confiscated (by the leader) still obey him.” (Muslim and Abu Dawud)

Because of this, the righteous Muslim predecessors have all agreed that obedience to the rulers is compulsory. They also agreed that it is haram to disobey them, take up arms against them, to undermine their government by publicly demonstrating against their leadership and incite the public against them in whatever method.

Conversely, supplicating for their goodness, their uprightness and guidance is encouraged by Islam, and this was practised by the pious predecessors in Islam.

Imam Al-Fudhayl Ibn ‘Iyadh (RA) said: “If I have a good prayer (that will be accepted by Allah), I will make it for the leader. We have been commanded to pray for them with goodness and we have not been commanded to curse them even if they are transgressors and oppressors.

This is because their injustice would only be on their necks (as sins) and their being upright (because of good supplications for them) will be for them and for us.” (Alwajeez fee ‘Aqeedah as-Salaf)

Imam Al-Hassan Al-basary (RA) also said: “Go and know, may Allah rectify your affairs, that injustice by a (tyrant) leader is a trial from Allah. And the trial from Allah can’t be removed with sword (violence); it could only be removed by prayers, repentance, regret and staying away from sins. If a trial is faced with sword (violence), it becomes stronger and harder.” (Aadabu Al-Hassan Al-basary of Ibn Al-Jawziy)
It is also said that Al-Hassan Al-basary saw a man cursing Al Hajjaj Ibn Yuusuf (who was one of the tyrant leaders in the history of Islam), and he (Al-basary) said: ‘don’t do that again! May Allah have mercy on you; it is from amongst you that he (Al Hajjaj) was brought out to be your leader. Verily we fear that if he is replaced or he dies, a leader worst than him may be appointed over you (because of your bad behaviours). (Aadabu Al-Hassan Al-basary).

source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/islamic-forum/islam-and-obedience-to-leaders/109392.html

cc: mukina2; maclatunji, sissie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by aare07(m): 6:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Liberation in life is total submission to the Will of Allah (SWT), may Allah (SWT) make it easy to listen to our leaders and give us good leaders. In addition, May Allah (SWT) guide President Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbanjo on the right path to development of this country.

Barka Jumah.

5 Likes

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by proff467: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Did I make it...shout out all owode offa guy..husling tinx
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by rushman003: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2015
jummuat mubaraq... May Allah give us the best of life, health and wealth. Jazakumllah khairan OP

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by omusiliyu(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Jazakallah khaeeran

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by tola9ja: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2015

And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word

10 Likes

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by tola9ja: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2015

And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small.

8 Likes

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by dedeen1424: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2015
well done my brothers in Islam may Allah continue to endow you amin

1 Like

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by SYacube(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Jazakumullahu Khayran bro

1 Like

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by ADwagir: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar may Allah accept our Ibadan amen
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by ascholani09(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Alhamdulillah.. Atihun llahu wa stinging Rusool wa ullul amru minkum.... Dats the world of Allahu in d holy Quran..

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by newguy1(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2015
proff467:
Did I make it...shout out all owode offa guy..husling tinx
barka d jumah.. Omo offa
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by bluewles33: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Great
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by Biordinal: 11:31am On Sep 11, 2015
JazakhaLLAHU Khairan.
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by Ajibolatao(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jazakumullah khair
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by babs4all: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Alhamdulillahi. May Allah bless the op. Our leaders should be fair to us and deliver on their responsibilities.
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by Mubarack44(m): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Alhamdulillah. barakallahu feeka
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by azezola(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jzk
Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by 8kingz(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
jazaku llah kairan,bt dis tyrant leaders sef...chai

Re: Islam And Obedience To Leaders by 8kingz(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jazakumullah kairan,bt dis tyrant leaders sef...chai

(1) (Reply)

Hajj 2018: Airlift Resumes In Katsina As Max Air Replaces Faulty Aircraft / Is It Allowed For A Sister To Propose To A Fellow Muslim Brother? / Islamic Jurispudence Of This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.