Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,702 members, 7,865,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church (21899 Views)

2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates / Prophetic Outlook For 2013 By Dr Olukoya D.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by SamMilla1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
Female thief. Keep telling them what God told you through e mail or Sms.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Johnchike: I'm not God. I'm not a judge and i'm not judging. But from the scripture, an atheist deserves the same fate as a murderer. Because they both fall short of the two commandments summarized by Jesus. (A) Love the Lord your God with all your heart. (B) Love your neighbour as your self. The atheist does not love God, he doesn't even believe in His existence thus mocking God. The murderer doesn't love his neighbour thus he cannot love God because you can't claim to love an unseen God if you can't love a seen neighbour. Well, if you don't believe in God's only begotten Son you can't have eternal life.

That is why the bible is wrong. How can an atheist have the same punishment as a murderer? Is that not foolish?

So I am no better than a murderer in the eyes of your imaginary god? grin

Your religion is a joke
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2012
Macdaddy, As an atheist you're denying God's existence thus mocking Him. Similiarity btw an atheist and a satanist= They both mock God. But time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by OmoAlata(f): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
How did wearing or not wearing trousers become an atheist discussion?
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2012
Omo Alata: How did wearing or not wearing trousers become an atheist discussion?

follow the comments grin
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike: Macdaddy, As an atheist you're denying God's existence thus mocking Him. Similiarity btw an atheist and a satanist= They both mock God. But time will tell.

Lol.....so your God is a crybaby?

If I were to say that you dont exist, you wouldnt even bother talking to me (but your imaginary god wants to put me in hell for that)

If I were to murder your family member, you would want to see me punished.

Even you dont believe that being an atheist is enough for eternal punishment. I havent lived up to 100 years but I am going to be punished for 1,0000,000Infinity years? Hell is a joke

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Areaboy2(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Lol.....so your God is a crybaby?

If I were to say that you dont exist, you wouldnt even bother talking to me (but your imaginary god wants to put me in hell for that)

If I were to murder your family member, you would want to see me punished.

Even you dont believe that being an atheist is enough for eternal punishment. I havent lived up to 100 years but I am going to be punished for 1,0000,000Infinity years? Hell is a joke

and he loves you! grin grin grin grin grin grin

what a joke indeed
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by yommy2sure(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Seriously people should understand that the Bible is not written by God dictating to someone's ear...pls the writers have mindsets,mentality,culture and value systems and all these reflect in their writings...we should focus on the central message of Christ abeg. Why are pastors wearing suit? Did Jesus wear one? If Jesus were to be around in this century surely he would be wearing one. So things change, im sure if Paul and Moses were yorubas they would include male prostrating and females kneeling down to greet in their writings and then our argument would be on that. People should dress decently...the bible did not in any way say females shouldnt wear trousers..(dont quote the famous Deuteronomy verse) it gross misinterpretation!

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
yommy2sure: Seriously people should understand that the Bible is not written by God dictating to someone's ear...pls the writers have mindsets,mentality,culture and value systems and all these reflect in their writings...we should focus on the central message of Christ abeg. Why are pastors wearing suit? Did Jesus wear one? If Jesus were to be around in this century surely he would be wearing one. So things change, im sure if Paul and Moses were yorubas they would include male prostrating and females kneeling down to greet in their writings and then our argument would be on that. People should dress decently...the bible did not in any way say females shouldnt wear trousers..(dont quote the famous Deuteronomy verse) it gross misinterpretation!
Whatever Jesus wore was moderate and decent and not sex provoking. Suits are decent, therefore it is okay. Girls can wear anything provided it's not indecent and sex-provoking. Eg. Mini skirt in church
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike:
Whatever Jesus wore was moderate and decent and not sex provoking. Suits are decent, therefore it is okay. Girls can wear anything provided it's not indecent and sex-provoking. Eg. Mini skirt in church

But trousers are not indecent
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Area_boy:

what a joke indeed
Area_boy:

what a joke indeed
Area_boy:

what a joke indeed

God created humans for a purpose. God can rightly call humans His property. It is illegal for anyone to steal God's property(humans) or deny God's ownership. If you deny that God doesn't own you or that He didn't create you, then you shall face legal actions(judgement day) sometime later. If you were in God's shoes you would do the same. GOD IS MERCIFUL. You can burn my farm or destroy my products but it pains most when you claim the farm doesn't belong to me. Macdaddy, you were created by God.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike:

God created humans for a purpose. God can rightly call humans His property. It is illegal for anyone to steal God's property(humans) or deny God's ownership. If you deny that God doesn't own you or that He didn't create you, then you shall face legal actions(judgement day) sometime later. If you were in God's shoes you would do the same. GOD IS MERCIFUL. You can burn my farm or destroy my products but it pains most when you claim the farm doesn't belong to me. Macdaddy, you were created by God.

Nope. I was not created by God.The first human evolved from an ape like creature.

Furthermore, whether I accept or dont accept that I am God's property, it makes no difference and so, why must God be a beyatch about it!
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by yommy2sure(m): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike:

mr. Pls where do u stand on this? Are you saying generally trousers no matter how its worn is indecent for ladies? Plus i never said mini skirt and rest r decent.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Trousers can be worn by women. I accept that...but not all trousers. Low-cut trousers can be embarrassing when a lady sits down in church. Some are so tight that all d sexy curves are revealed thus causing distraction. It's better to just avoid them. Wait! Why d complain? You've got 24x7hours= 168hours in a week. All the pastor is saying is that the 3 or 4 hours you spend in His church do not put on trousers. It's that simple. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by yommy2sure(m): 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Yeah u r so right, not all trousers and not all gowns or skirts are decent...but the idea that ladies can wear decent trousers for sports, to the offices, market places and generally outside but not to church is hypocrosy! Anything you cant wear to church then dont wear it out anywhere 'cos christians ought to be ambassadors of Christ and Mobile Bibles everywhere they go not just in church... Good luck to Mfm members. im done with this!
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Areaboy2(m): 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike: Trousers can be worn by women. I accept that...but not all trousers. Low-cut trousers can be embarrassing when a lady sits down in church. Some are so tight that all d sexy curves are revealed thus causing distraction. It's better to just avoid them. Wait! Why d complain? You've got 24x7hours= 168hours in a week. All the pastor is saying is that the 3 or 4 hours you spend in His church do not put on trousers. It's that simple. Take it or leave it.

oh for the love of god pizza spare me that sort of talk!!

Are we moving forwards or backward? Just cos it says women should not wear garments for men then people read all sorts of meaning to it today?

Whatever she can wear to work (I mean a professional Job lol, cos i know what you guys are thinking), she should be able to wear to church. trousers no trousers how does that change anything.

Control your eyes! do not covert!! commandment numero diez

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
The bible says woe to anybody that leads another person to sin.
Generally a christian lady should not even wear such indecent dressing to work. But if the pastor criticizes their dress code at work, you would be among the first to disparage the pastor, now the man has preached generally against indecent dressing both at church and the outer world but he can only enforce it in his church. This isn't hard, i mean it's just 3hours out of 168 hours a week
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Areaboy2(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
listen mate, indecent dressing is only what we make it to be.

count back 400 years ago women went around town t0pless. Now they manage to cover most of it and we complain hahaha. we might as well ask them to wear the burqa make every man rest undecided

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Area boy, your name gives me an impression of who you are. Well, that's by the way. What do you want? That the ladies dress nude? You've got stripper clubs if that's what you want. But the church remains holy. If you don't like it, go to another church. I'm sure we've got more than 500 churches in nigeria. A comedian even labelled them from A-Z. I'm not a Mountain of Fire member, but as a christian who has a decent lifestyle, i agree totally with the pastor. The scripture supports my views also.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Areaboy2(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well, being a Christian involves being humble and modest and no "show off" attitude. Nigerian church members fail hopelessly on these points. why then focus on something as trivial as what a woman wears to church? undecided
In church, all your focus should be on your god and the man talking up on the pulpit. looking left and right to checkout the nearest hottest chic should not be allowed as well.

ps: as my name would imply, I don't go to church either tongue
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Area_boy: why then focus on something as trivial as what a woman wears to church? undecided
In church, all your focus should be on your god and the man talking up on the pulpit. looking left and right to checkout the nearest hottest chic should not be allowed as well.
I don't think that they deliberately look left and right to find chics. A girl might be passing by and her movement draws the attention of a guy that was trying to concentrate before and depending on how attractive she is, he might continue to stare at her or might return his attention to the preacher.
You talk about focusing on the man on the pulpit as if people should glue their eyes to the pastor and not look in any other direction at all.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
fellis:
I don't think that they deliberately look left and right to find chics. A girl might be passing by and her movement draws the attention of a guy that was trying to concentrate before and depending on how attractive she is, he might continue to stare at her or might return his attention to the preacher.
You talk about focusing on the man on the pulpit as if people should glue their eyes to the pastor and not look in any other direction at all.

Abeg, commot for road with your islamofacist views on women.

As a woman, cant men be distracting too? Tight trousers?
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Abeg, commot for road with your islamofacist views on women.

As a woman, cant men be distracting too? Tight trousers?
That isn't what the topic is about.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
fellis:
That isn't what the topic is about.

What? u dont feel comfortable discussing your lust for men in tight jeans? grin grin grin

Sorry, I cat help it.....you always make it too easy for me to tease you cool
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Sorry, I cat help it.....you always make it too easy for me to tease you cool
Don't flatter yourself. . . .
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
fellis:
Don't flatter yourself. . . .

lol......sorry......my huge ego wont let me.......comes with being an "arrogant" atheist, remember? cool
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol......sorry......my huge ego wont let me.......comes with being an "arrogant" atheist, remember? cool
When did I call atheists arrogant before? Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else?
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
fellis:
When did I call atheists arrogant before? Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else?

lol....remember what you said to Avicenna on one of my threads or should I bring the quote?
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol....remember what you said to Avicenna on one of my threads or should I bring the quote?
I remember now, I did call atheists arrogant. You guys tend to be conceited sometimes so you can't blame me for saying that.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 12:31am On Aug 24, 2012
fellis:
I remember now, I did call atheists arrogant. You guys tend to be conceited sometimes so you can't blame me for saying that.

Lol...atheists are not conceited. We just argue better. The problem is that you always fall into logical traps and then you think we are bad guys
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by Johnchike(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Lol...atheists are not conceited. We just argue better. The problem is that you always fall into logical traps and then you think we are bad guys
We Christians do not seek false glory by trying to argue with an atheist. We are simply professing our faith. You either take it or leave it. You're either a christian or you're not. Nothing can make my soul lose it's thirst for God's presence. I rest my case now as I can see that you've fully deviated from the main topic of indecent dressing in church. But wait! Why is an atheist so concerned about issues in the church? Every single christian topic they try to argue against it even when it's not their business. Well, I can see the joy the devil derives from atheists. I rest my case. Time will tell.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church by MacDaddy01: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2012
Johnchike:
We Christians do not seek false glory by trying to argue with an atheist. We are simply professing our faith. You either take it or leave it. You're either a christian or you're not. Nothing can make my soul lose it's thirst for God's presence. I rest my case now as I can see that you've fully deviated from the main topic of indecent dressing in church. But wait! Why is an atheist so concerned about issues in the church? Every single christian topic they try to argue against it even when it's not their business. Well, I can see the joy the devil derives from atheists. I rest my case. Time will tell.

Typical. Why do you have to make parallels with the devil and atheists? See how religion makes you foolish?

64% of Japanese are atheists, I wonder if you have the nerve to call them devils if you were an ambassador.

You ask why I am concerned about issues in the church? Well, because christians carry this church thinking into reality. I remember one christian fool from all these born again church telling my sister not to wear trousers to work.

Such kind of thinking of men restricting what women wear is quite against human rights. You can not tell an adult what to wear. The funny thing is that trousers are not indecent and are more formal than skirts (You can see panties if a woman wears skirt and opens her legs).

Granted the church is a private place, they have the right to enforce their dress code but it sets a bad precedence for thinking outside the church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / 'Holy Cow' Born With White Cross On Forehead!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.