Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! (1625 Views)

Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
Churches survive on donations from members. It is your choice to put money in the offering baskets but no church has the right to stipulate the amount you should put in. It is your donation to what you believe in. Do you honestly believe that God really cares if you put 5% or 20% of your earnings or is God petty to care about percentages?

The church lists 2 main reasons for offering and tithes
1) For survival and maintenance of the church itself
2) For "Gods" work(charity reasons) eg helping the poor or educating people.

Since the church is a religious charity, you have every right to know what the church does with your donation. It is your money. If the church is using the money for "unchristian" purposes, you have every right to complain and stop donating. Buying million dollar mansions or jets that cost millions is not helping any poor or average Nigerian. It is luxury meant for materialists.

Be aware!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/793719_419_png5a995ac0d0ca3ee8a8bd0a35e6e1e331
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by PastorKun(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
Granted modern day tithing as it is preached today is a fraud but why shd it be of such concern to an atheist?
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by Dipwater(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
And some people are trying to convince me not to dive into the church Bizniz. Logicboy ,pls I need ur help in term of logistics as ur name implies grin grin

My broda some people are busy making private jet's money we are here discussing them. I think we shuld start something .meeeeeeen!!!!! .I need my own private jet. I don tire 4 cars .I need private jetssssss
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by cyrexx: 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2012
Pastor Kun: Granted modern day tithing as it is preached today is a fraud but why shd it be of such concern to an atheist?

the atheist is a part of humanism movement whose aim is to liberate mankind from shackles of backwardness, one of which is religion and superstitious beliefs.

its our concern because we are humanitarians.
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by OmoAlata(f): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
If pastor's are intentionally deceiving people etc, surely they'll get their just desserts on that day! smiley
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by cyrexx: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
Omo Alata: If pastor's are intentionally deceiving people etc, surely they'll get their just desserts on that day! smiley

thats if there is actually Someone to judge them on THAT DAY.

if that Someone is perpetually silent and allows them to run amok and only promise to respond to us in our imaginary second life, he is probably human-created imaginary Judge.....

Hmm, im sensing a much bigger fraud on a cosmic scale
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Pastor Kun: Granted modern day tithing as it is preached today is a fraud but why shd it be of such concern to an atheist?
Maybe cos an atheist/agnostic will be more sensitive to issues regarding humanism than theists would. And so fraud (whether religious or not) will be called out for what it is, without fear of consequences.

Unlike some Christians whom out of fear of godly repercussion would rather pay than question, atheists/agnostics are not bound by such obligations..

Happy Sunday..
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto:
Maybe cos an atheist/agnostic will be more sensitive to issues regarding humanism than theists would. And so fraud (whether religious or not) will be called out for what it is, without fear of consequences.

Unlike some Christians whom out of fear of godly repercussion would rather pay than question, atheists/agnostics are not bound by such obligations..

Happy Sunday..

Thank you!
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
cyrexx:

the atheist is a part of humanism movement whose aim is to liberate mankind from shackles of backwardness, one of which is religion and superstitious beliefs.

its our concern because we are humanitarians.

grin

nice one!
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by truthislight: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2012

they have help many see the lies and fraud.

though they also need help themself.
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by Christiscoming: 4:40am On Aug 20, 2012
Will a Christian who refuses to Tithe be disqualified from entering Heaven - oh yes, watch out !!
In my years as Christian I have mostly tithed, although Ive had seasons of being very anti-tithing & promoting all the various arguments against it. It was during that time God fully convinced me of its requirement for His people & its eternal consequences. From that background Id like to share what God revealed to me through firstly A) His Word, and secondly B.) 8 amazing testimonies of encounters with Jesus in Heaven & Hell where tithing is raised as an important eternal issue - TAKE HEED - http://christiscoming777./2012/03/02/tithing-is-it-required-and-are-there-eternal-consequences-for-non-tithing/
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 9:28am On Aug 20, 2012
Christiscoming: Will a Christian who refuses to Tithe be disqualified from entering Heaven - oh yes, watch out !!
In my years as Christian I have mostly tithed, although Ive had seasons of being very anti-tithing & promoting all the various arguments against it. It was during that time God fully convinced me of its requirement for His people & its eternal consequences. From that background Id like to share what God revealed to me through firstly A) His Word, and secondly B.) 8 amazing testimonies of encounters with Jesus in Heaven & Hell where tithing is raised as an important eternal issue - TAKE HEED - http://christiscoming777./2012/03/02/tithing-is-it-required-and-are-there-eternal-consequences-for-non-tithing/

See this tithe fraud. Ole
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by truthislight: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
Christiscoming: Will a Christian who refuses to Tithe be disqualified from entering Heaven - oh yes, watch out !!

^^^^

lies.

You may have been promoted to become a pastor that is why you want to collect your own tiths.

Tith is not for christians but for the Jewish system.
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by MacDaddy01: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

^^^^

lies.

You may have been promoted to become a pastor that is why you want to collect your own tiths.

Tith is not for christians but for the Jewish system.

Nice one
Re: Tithing Is Fraud....tithing Is 419.....know Your Rights! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Lol ...
You are not a Christian, is simply a fool, and a Bible illiterate.
Tithing is offered up with grain and oil, then burned in the Holocaust ... never used money as tithing and tithing was never used by pastors.
When pastors Levites used tithes to their advantage, the biblical God condemned them to pay tithing (but never with money) Malachi.
The Gentiles have never paid or must pay tithing.
Your opinion demonstrates your ignorance.

(1) (Reply)

The World Will Never End / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs And Their AUTHORS And Lyrics / The Burial Right Of d demised The Olu Of Warri Kingdom Happening at Ode itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.