Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention (998 Views)

Request Free Premium Wordpress Themes/Plugins, Blogger Templates and Others / Pls How Do I Use Wamp Server To View Joomla Templates / Whmcs Full Templates And Feature Management Admin Addon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2012
i just downloaded the zip files and i don,t know how to install the joomla extensions
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by empowerdex(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Log into your site's administration page, click on the extension manager and go to the upload extension button, I guess u have already downloaded the zip file of your template or extension, proceed and install the zip file and viola, joomla will respond by telling you that it was successfully installed, ps never unpack joomla zip files, joomla will do that for you after you upload it, next question please
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
So i should not unzip after download
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by mrperfect(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2012
You don't need to unzip it, and after installation go to template manager to make it default, then it starts being in use.
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by yawatide(f): 5:15am On Aug 20, 2012
^^^^It depends - sometimes you do have to unzip the zip. How you will know whether or not to unzip first? If you try to install and you get an error that says (paraphrasing), "...xml file missing..." then you know that the xml file (which drives the installation) is not in the root of the zip but inside the zip of the zip (sorry for the confusion). In that case, you need to first unzip the zip then install the unzipped file.

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by mrkels(m): 12:49am On Aug 22, 2012
empowerdex: Log into your site's administration page, click on the extension manager and go to the upload extension button, I guess u have already downloaded the zip file of your template or extension, proceed and install the zip file and viola, joomla will respond by telling you that it was successfully installed, ps never unpack joomla zip files, joomla will do that for you after you upload it, next question please
Are you saying he must buy a host first? What do you mean by admin's page? What if I want to install joolma on blogger, isn't that possible? And design changes ,are they not possible too there?
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by empowerdex(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
@ mrkels in joomla whether local host or remote host, its still the same process
Re: How Do I Install My Joomla Templates And Extention by kodebin(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2012
@yawatide. Been following yo posts and I must commend you for helping peeps out.. Pls I need joomla video tutorials and ebooks...
My email is kodebin @ gmail . Com
Thanks in advance...

(1) (Reply)

Free Online CS50x Computer Science Programming Course From Harvard / LETS USE THIS MEDIUM TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO OUR WEBSITE..... / Get A Free Blog And Make Money In Nigeria! Blogger, Wordpress Alternative!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.