Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems (11185 Views)

Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / Jonathan With Pastor Lazarus Muoka At The Lord's Chosen Today (photos) / Pictures Of President Goodluck Jonathan With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by bola4dprec(m): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed hope that with unity and peace, what Nigeria passes through as a nation can only be overcome by prayers.

"What we are passing through as nation can be overcome with prayers.

The Vice President and other government functionaries are committed to the transformation process", the president said when Vice President Namadi Sambo and FCT Minister, Mr. Bala Mohammed led a delegation of Muslim faithful to pay him homage for the Eid-El-Fitr Sallah celebration at his residence at the presidential villa, Abuja,

Noting that, to progress, there must be unity and peace in the country, Jonathan said, "For us to progress, we must unite, for us to progress,there must have peace". Today is a great day, it is a moment not just for muslims but all Nigerians to reflect on the unity of Nigeria".
Claded in a milk colour babariga and a cap to match, Jonathan promised to build on the effort of founding fathers of Nigeria to the enviable level, adding that "this is a forum to tell Nigerians that we are one".

Earlier, Vice President Sambo thanked the president for all he has been doing to move the country forward, just a he prayed God for good health and wisdom for him to transform Nigeria
He recalled his visit to Saudi Arabia for the Lesser Hajj, saying Nigerians have been praying for the President, peace and stability of the country.
"We will continue to support you Mr. President to deliver the transformation agenda. We assure you of our loyalty and we pray that this country will be transformed under your leadership", Sambo added.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/32921/2012/08/19/prayers_well_overcome_nigerias_problems_jonathan.html
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by floriana(m): 7:43am On Aug 20, 2012
Reliance on 'Prayer' when you have not lifted a finger is the most assured recipe for failure. Jonathan get off your butt and get cracking.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Biggyd2: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2012
Yes, we have been praying Sir. Infact our knees are now sore from kneeling. We are still praying but we understand that our prayers should be backed up with acts from our government. Why won't the government provide us with the security that it promised us? I am sure that if your promise before election was that Nigerians will get security by "simply praying", you wouldn't have been voted President of the FRN! angry

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2012
"PRAYER MOOD ACTIVATED"
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by TonySpike: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2012
Faith without work is DEAD. Just saying...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by redsun(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2012
If you like put jesus in aso rock,nothing will change until nigerians really understand what not very commom sense means.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by ubandire(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2012
Biggyd2: Yes, we have been praying Sir. Infact our knees are now sore from kneeling. We are still praying but we understand that our prayers should be backed up with acts from our government. Why won't the government provide us with the security that it promised us? I am sure that if your promise before election was that Nigerians will get security by "simply praying", you wouldn't have been voted President of the FRN! angry
Just a minute,QUE:Has the FG not been providing us with the security it promised us,look around you,apart from Boko haram which it is fighting with everything it has got,and has even gone as far condescending to the level of negotiating with them,just for peace to reign,i mean how do you stop a man from blowing up himself with a bomb he made in his KITCHEN,anyway where I leave there is security,if those mallus want to continue blowing themselves up they can be my guests,when it comes to theft,random kidnapping,cult war or clash,what are your state governors doing,do you know how much they each collect every month as security votes,what do they do with it,are they not the c.s.o's of their various states,that is the more reason why I am in the support of the disintegration of the Nigerian Police (NP) into state police,that way we as Nigerans get to understand that we are supposed to also hold our state governors responsible for our security,the FG should also be held responsible for security but the governors need to do their part also.the FG as long as it is in control of the apparatus of the NP should do more to ensure security and move this country forward..................WE PRAY THEE LORD ANSWER OUR PRAYERS,FOR IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME WE HAVE PRAYED.AMEN............

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Biggyd2: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
ubandire: Just a minute,QUE:Has the FG not been providing us with the security it promised us,look around you,apart from Boko haram which it is fighting with everything it has got,and has even gone as far condescending to the level of negotiating with them,just for peace to reign,i mean how do you stop a man from blowing up himself with a bomb he made in his KITCHEN,anyway where I leave there is security,if those mallus want to continue blowing themselves up they can be my guests,when it comes to theft,random kidnapping,cult war or clash,what are your state governors doing,do you know how much they each collect every month as security votes,what do they do with it,are they not the c.s.o's of their various states,that is the more reason why I am in the support of the disintegration of the Nigerian Police (NP) into state police,that way we as Nigerans get to understand that we are supposed to also hold our state governors responsible for our security,the FG should also be held responsible for security but the governors need to do their part also.the FG as long as it is in control of the apparatus of the NP should do more to ensure security and move this country forward..................WE PRAY THEE LORD ANSWER OUR PRAYERS,FOR IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME WE HAVE PRAYED.AMEN............

Please Sir, free my post, I beg. I just stated my opinion. If you want to help me, get GEJ to read it. I am not interested in this opinion of yours. Go put down yours somewhere else. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by dasparrow: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
@Post

GEJ should know that prayer without works will amount to nothing. GEJ wants us to pray but he is not doing enough to curb the menace called boko haram. GEJ stated he knows who the cabals are that are responsible for the boko haram menace but refuses to list them. So no amount of prayer will do anything until GEJ exposes the culprits behind the incessant bombings.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2012
This seems all he needs to say to appease the many "drunken" Christians in Nigeria . . . wait till they come in telling you that the man is definitely a Christian because he said to use prayer to overcome issues that he was given money to fix. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Bukkyade: 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
Yes Mr. President. Through prayers, all things are possible. And we can see your prayers are working.
You are overcoming Boko Haram gradually. They have started thinking less of their 77 virgin hunt. They are now begging for negotiation.
We can see a general improvement in power. We can see your fight against the oil cabal and the prosecution of oil thieves. More grease to your elbow. Prayers will save us all.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by redcliff: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
[size=20pt]IRO NLA[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
For those saying that Faith without work is dead. Its not out of place to tell the populace to pray, the work part of it, is being handled by the JTF and dialogue team. Abi you people want to go and handle the "work" part ? Open your lips and pray, that's the least you can do for your country at this juncture.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
redsun: If you like put jesus in aso rock,nothing will change until nigerians really understand what not very commom sense means.
May God have mercy on you. Except you repent, worse thing may happen to you. I only pity your family and most importantly your soul. What brought the name JESUS CHRIST into this post in the first place. It's a warning and not just a milky advise. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by cyril83(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
This he goat shud jst stop mentioning nigeria, very soon nigeria shall become history, Divided we stand,United wil fall
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
cyril83: This he goat shud jst stop mentioning nigeria, very soon nigeria shall become history, Divided we stand,United wil fall
Let me guess: You live abroad. Am I correct ?
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by lacasa: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
Jona himself needs prayers ϯo work grin
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Rhino5dm: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2012
Too much cassava bread is harmful to the brain. LWKMD!!
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by chucky234(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Sign of failure
Prayers of a sinner are abomination before God,imagine a known looter resort to prayers.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by swing4real(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
If Jonathan actually said this then he is a big fool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Ortis: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
Oga jona...pls snap out of dat dream of urs.....luk wat nigeria needs nw is proper planin n implementation of wat God has already given us....d earlier our leader do d right tin d less frustrated our people is gonna be.....prayer wil nt do anything 4 nigeria...hw i wish God wil land 4rm heaven nd tel u dat....just do ur job
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by CeaserB: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
[size=13pt]Goodluck Needs Prayers And A Big Fat "PATIENCE" To Rule Naija! grin[/size]

Ori E Ti Fokasibe! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
swing4real: If Jonathan actually said this then he is a big fool
May your children call you fool since you don't have respect for the elders. That's if you'll ever live to have a child. I pity your family. Curse is anyone who has no regard for the elderly. For you to live long, you most honour your fathers, mothers and elders. I only pray you repent or else you perish.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by betterbest: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ride-on Mr.president ...the Lord is your strength. We'll continue to support you in prayers. You are a conqeror, you can't loose this battle for boko alla-m. Boko haram your end has come, Gej haters go get a life. We'll breath the fresh air you promised us, that's certain. God bless you Mr president, God bless nigerians, God bless me and God bless you. Amen

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2012
the drunkard speaks again. . .
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
lacasa: Jona himself needs prayers ϯo work grin
I guess you don't need prayers. May your prayer not cross the roof.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
--
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by umechuma: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
When Nigerians close their eyes to pray, politicians loot the treasury while the prayer is in progress and come to Mosque and Church for thanksgiving and ask for more blessing (looting) from the pastors and Imams.
Nigerians should reject any politician who ask them to pray because prayer only will never save Nigeria 50 years from today.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by zangiff(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by nifemi01(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
Dis shoeless man from otuoke never cease to amaze me. U re basically doing nothing n yet u re expecting results.
I don't know if God laughs abt d way we respond to situations smtims but if He does then He must be having quite a few about this statement.
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by MMM2(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
Amen
Re: Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
Lol@Overcoming with Prayers! Action is what is needed if he wants them to overcome. This is a prove of how much lazy Nigerians are in face of reality, when the president so much believes in fairy tales.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Plan To Release Arrested Boko-Haram Members— Aso Rock / Governor Ambode Walks Against Sexual And Gender Violence (Photos) / Oil Subsidy: Reps Summon Finance Minister, Give One-Week Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.