Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine (15229 Views)

Nigerian Student Of Warwick Suffers Racism (Photo) / Olaolu Femi Nigerian Student Facing Life Imprisonment In Ukraine Released / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by 2mch(m): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: they may have faced racism in the 50s or 60s but they were invited by the UK govt. remember the windrush ? like tens of thousands of carribeans and africans coming into britain at once in the fifties and sixties. this was a parliamentary decision in the UK to invite the blacks to the workforce. so while there may have been a little resistance on the path of the citizens, the sheer numbers of the carribeans and africans was such that they couldnt do nothing. now those guys in ukraine ? i doubt if their is up to 1000 of them. thats just a suicidal mission. personally i think it is irresponsible to put yourself where you are vehemently not wanted.

All this story, wind rush and all this. It has nothing to do with the story. What i am trying to point out to you is that people go through this, and have been going through this before you were born. If they didnt fight, you will not be able to enter some countries you like going to, today. It takes a case like this to mark a turning point for the country and how it treats foreigners. I am pointing out that Nigerians have faced these even in the so called tolerant and developed countries. They chose to fight back, that is why you are even "tolerated" today. The fact that he goes to school in Ukraine is not the issue, the issue is he was attacked and is being prosecuted unjustly. After all Ukraine has better educational system than Nigeria. You are missing the point totally. The wind rush you are talking about sef? Invite black to come and work where? lmao! in England? You must be mistaking yourself. England had colonies that worked for them, those colonies imported everything into england at a cheap price. Mainly the Caribbeans.Except you want to work in the industries, which has a mainly white workforce. Blacks went to England for school and opportunity, not for work. Even All the British slaves were shipped off to the Caribbean. So why will they now invite blacks to England? What do they manufacture, grow or export really in England? And these people (blacks) only came in freely because colonies could enter the country unrestricted.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
2mch:

All this story, wind rush and all this. It has nothing to do with the story. What i am trying to point out to you is that people go through this, and have been going through this before you were born. If they didnt fight, you will not be able to enter some countries you like going to, today. It takes a case like this to mark a turning point for the country and how it treats foreigners. I am pointing out that Nigerians have faced these even in the so called tolerant and developed countries. They chose to fight back, that is why you are even "tolerated" today. The fact that he goes to school in Ukraine is not the issue, the issue is he was attacked and is being prosecuted unjustly. After all Ukraine has better educational system than Nigeria. You are missing the point totally. The wind rush you are talking about sef? Invite black to come and work where? lmao! in England? You must be mistaking yourself. England had colonies that worked for them. Except you want to work in the industries, which has a mainly white workforce. Blacks went to England for school and opportunity. And they only came in freely because colonies could enter the country unrestricted.
all rubbish. how about you stay in your country ?. personally i dont like going to any countries. i dont see the fascination. i got too much pride to be somewhere that i am extremely hated. thanks but there are only 2 countries in this whole world that interest me and one of them is nigeria. the rest can drop off the face of the earth for all i care.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
D foreign watever is nt doing anytin,i bet if it was d other way round or if d naija dude was killed by dose ukraine folks,it wuld make Bloody headlines
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by mmmustapha(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
I hate dis white men
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by 2mch(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: all rubbish. how about you stay in your country ?. personally i dont like going to any countries. i dont see the fascination. i got too much pride to be somewhere that i am extremely hated. thanks but there are only 2 countries in this whole world that interest me and one of them is nigeria. the rest can drop off the face of the earth for all i care.

Dude, you are going off point. The fact is England never begged Nigerians to do anything for them. Stop lying and face the topic. I am tired of arguing with a wall. The guy needs help. Give a solution or open a thread about your tales. I have told you first hand, and what the reality is and has always been. That Abroad you like going to, blacks and mostly Nigerian's before you faced a lot for the freedom you are enjoying today. So dont look down on sunkanmi. I know this because it is close to home for me. If you prefer to believe the truths in your head, that is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
2mch:

Dude, you are going off point. The fact is England never begged Nigerians to do anything for them. Stop lying and face the topic. I am tired of arguing with a wall. The guy needs help. Give a solution or open a thread about your tales. I have told you first hand, and what the reality is and has always been. That Abroad you like going to, blacks and mostly Nigerian's before you faced a lot for the freedom you are enjoying today. So dont look down on sunkanmi. I know this because it is close to home for me. If you prefer to believe the truths in your head, that is your problem.
neither did nigerians beg england to come colonize them. they just did it forcibly. THEY OWE US AND WE ARE COLLECTING. ukraine owes you nothing. whatever you find there is your palava. s-tupid man walks into the mouth of a lion and is surprised when he gets bitten. whose fault is that ?
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
otokx: What Education can someone possibly get from Ukraine or did he go there to study Ukrainian?

I know a guy tht travelled to Ukraine to study English.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Gudiza(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
Africans! Africans! Africans!

Here's a suggestion. Why not get the hell outta there. They don't like foreigners thats it. Even Western Expatriates watch their backs when in Ukraine talk less of ....They don't like blacks period and its not going to change in the next 100 years. There are tonnes of videos on youtube enough to knock you out. Just search 'racist Ukraine'. The place is controlled by a 'Skinhead' Party. Even their LAW MAKERS & ENFORCERS encourage such activity!

Ukraine is a cross between second to third world hellhole anyway so I don't know why folks go all the way. This is a place where foreigners get mauled 24/7, mob style in broad day light on the streets of the 'Capital' and folks just stare. Most are poor, illiterate and sell their women into prostitution. You see how hopeless your case is.

Why don't you black africans come and help develop Africa instead of begging the whole world to sanction. Regions of the world that have not even seen Africans before automatically hate (no fault of theirs) because of the freeloader mentality that has solidly taken root globally. "They're only here to leech off our country. Just take a look at where they're from. They want to turn our country to Africa", they always say.

Until Africans do this. they'll continue to be butt wipes.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Gudiza:
Africans! Africans! Africans!

Here's a suggestion. Why not get the hell outta there. They don't like foreigners thats it. Even Western Expatriates watch their backs when in Ukraine talk less of ....They don't like blacks period and its not going to change in the next 100 years. There are tonnes of videos on youtube enough to knock you out. Just search 'racist Ukraine'. The place is controlled by a 'Skinhead' Party. Even their LAW MAKERS & ENFORCERS encourage such activity!

Ukraine is a cross between second to third world hellhole anyway so I don't know why folks go all the way. This is a place where foreigners get mauled 24/7, broad day light on the streets of the capital. Most are poor, illiterate and sell their women into prostitution. You see how hopeless your case is.

Why don't you black africans come and help develop Africa instead of begging the whole world to sanction. Regions of the world that have not even seen Africans before automatically hate (no fault of theirs) because of the freeloader mentality that has solidly taken root globally. "They're only here to leech off our country. Just take a look at where they're from. They want to turn our country to Africa", they always say.

2mch says they should rough it out grin grin grin the guy does not know that ukranians are not your typical soft ajebutter british whites. those guys are nigger whites. they are rough and hardy and aggressive and extremely dangerous people. even the ones in america have a reputation of violence. they dont have the spirit of your western white people. they have a warrior like savage aggressive spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
2mch:

You definitely dont know what you are saying. My father schooled in England in the Late 50's early 60's. The amount of racism they faced? They will tell you the horrors they went through just so that people like you can have mouth today. I even know friends whose parents were arrested in America for defending themselves. Stop typing things you are ignorant of. The fact that they used you for wars counts for nothing. You belonged to them. You were their property. It is either you go willingly or are forced. Stop making up stories.

True, there are still so many racists in England as well. Though not as much as the 50's, 60's, and 70'.s.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Siga: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhhh...........Na Ukraine Wrong place to go......I will advise whoever is left there as a black man should pack up and leave........those b4stards no send any black person ooo.....
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Gudiza: Africans! Africans! Africans!

Ukraine is a cross between second to third world hellhole anyway so I don't know why folks go all the way. This is a place where foreigners get mauled 24/7, mob style in broad day light on the streets of the 'Capital' and folks just stare. Most are poor, illiterate and sell their women into prostitution. You see how hopeless your case is.

Classic. You the words out of my mouth. You know that region very well. Have you spent time there before ?

Even the so called Embassy officials with dark skin are not safe. An African American was brutally attacked. Western expatriates don't talk in public for fear of being attacked despite the fact that they are Whites.

We went there for football trials back in the day. Good we left or we would have killed somebody.

These skin head guy do not understand the non-voilent language.

Kudos to the guy for defending himself.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Chyz2: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
These people are really suffering in that country. I mean it is no joke. God help them. I watch a documentary on the suffereing that nigerians are facing in that country because of racism. It is BAD! No joke! I bet goodluck will keep mum on the situation. He always acts boyboy when it comes to engagement with white people. smh!

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: 2mch says they should rough it out grin grin grin the guy does not know that ukranians are not your typical soft ajebutter british whites. those guys are nigger whites. they are rough and hardy and aggressive and extremely dangerous people. even the ones in america have a reputation of violence. they dont have the spirit of your western white people. they have a warrior like savage aggressive spirit.

Hahaha.....too much correct dey worry you.

Have they bounced on you before ?

These guys attack with the intention to kill. It got to an extent eeh, Niaja boys formed their own group called black heads. Dem dey fear black man physique sha. That is why if they want to attack, they do so in large numbers.

The number of chinese, indians, arabs, etc,that they have killed eeh, you go holla.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2012
What is a Nigerian doing in Ukraine

The agbero boy broke bottle and wanted to chook someone cheesy
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ukraine, one of the trashiest, pathetic and backward countries in east europe. They are not even viewed as europeans by the ''real'' whites. Nigerians should really give themselves some dignity sometimes and stay away from countries that are just plain worse than where they are coming from.

The fact you see people who look like whites does not mean that their life is all rosy. Those lazy east european fvcks are actually being rejected visa and turned away in advanced european countries daily because all they come here in the west to do is just prostitution and cleaning, yet Nigerians would rather degrade themselves and move there. Tufiakwa.

May God help the kid in jail.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Hahaha.....too much correct dey worry you.

Have they bounced on you before ?

These guys attack with the intention to kill. It got to an extent eeh, Niaja boys formed their own group called black heads. Dem dey fear black man physique sha. That is why if they want to attack, they do so in large numbers.

The number of chinese, indians, arabs, etc,that they have killed eeh, you go holla.
pounced on me ? no way. i dont care how much nigerian universities supposedly suck or how much suffering i am experiencing in nigeria, you can never pay me to go to certain parts of the world. eastern europe, asia as a whole, any arab country. so based on that no they have never tried to jump me. when i see them in england they themselves are a minority so they hide the savage behavior and pretend to be human but from looking at them i can sense how dangerous they can be.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Bella3(f): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
AK 48:

Oboy!,na u dey talk this tin?,e be like say admission no hook you for throat.
if u're looking for admissiom go to beta countries. Btw am a girl.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: And the white men are getting all the juicy oil contracts here.
Now you re talking!
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Basilona(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
saxywale:

I know a guy tht travelled to Ukraine to study English.

You must be Shitting me. Truly a sign dat the world is coming to an end
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: all rubbish. how about you stay in your country ?. personally i dont like going to any countries. i dont see the fascination. i got too much pride to be somewhere that i am extremely hated. thanks but there are only 2 countries in this whole world that interest me and one of them is nigeria. the rest can drop off the face of the earth for all i care.

This is not just beyond ridiculous, this is quite unfortunate for a 21st century man to question the benefits of global exposure.

"Stay in your own country?" . . . . Which enlightened country avoided global exposure?

Better get out of your egg shell and explore the world around you. Someone is going to fight racism, while you're "sitting at your own home", that somebody is the likes of OlaOlu.

Can't stand ignorant Nigerians.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
In a racist country, if someone comes after me with the intention to cause me harm, I will fight back.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Atleast you fought back no matter the outcome.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by tlops(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: what exactly is in ukraine ? black people and their quest for wealth sha. as we speak i am sure some nigerians are running into libya from nigeria where it is reported that blacks are being killed. anyway its all scriptural

habbakuk 2 vs 13[b] Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?[/b]

He is/was a student in Ukraine, so what is wrong in him getting his education there.

but seriously UKRAINE, I've got loads of friends there, feel sorry for the guy.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Gudiza(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
2mch: What i am trying to point out to you is that people go through this, and have been going through this before you were born. If they didnt fight, you will not be able to enter some countries you like going to, today....... It takes a case like this to mark a turning point for the country and how it treats foreigners. I am pointing out that Nigerians have faced these even in the so called tolerant and developed countries. They chose to fight back, that is why you are even "tolerated" today.

Man.
It appears you failed to consider the relationship the first World Colonialists of America, Britain, France and others have had with Africans for centuries through slavery, colonialism etc. from which whatever rights that were fought for were always built on...in some sense of payback if you like. You certainly cannot compare these countries to Second world Slavs far off the Eastern Bloc from Communist Russia that have had no contact with blacks throughout their miserable history. These guys have serious issues.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by 2mch(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
Gudiza:

Man.
It appears you failed to consider the relationship the first World Colonialists of America, Britain, France and others have had with Africans for centuries through slavery, colonialism etc. from which whatever rights that were fought for were always built on...in some sense of payback if you like. You certainly cannot compare these countries to Second world Slavs far off the Eastern Bloc from Communist Russia that have had no contact with blacks throughout their miserable history.

Blacks in Ukraine have everything against them, they're mainly economic immigrants and are alien to the host communities. The Hosts owe them nothing. Any 'fight' would just be plain stupid. You cannot enter any country by force if its citizens do not want you and there's absolutely nothing anyone or body can do about that. I remember folks kicked against Ukraine's hosting of Euro 2012...and that's about that.

What he is facing today is what Nigerian's faced in the UK, America and france in the 50's, 60's and 70's. They never had any relationship with African's. Africa was their colony. Meaning they owned those colonies and controlled all their resources. They didnt have much so those countries exported to them at a cheap rate. Stop talking about relationship. Colonial masters had no relationship. Except if your meaning of relationship is an extension of ownership. This colony issue does not include America (except liberia to a little extent, america kept their own slaves) though. The point i am trying to make is if people like Sukanmi didnt fight back then, you will not be able to enter Britain, France and America without being harassed. Even today, People are still being harassed and killed in these same countries for the same reason Sukanmi was attacked. What will you advise them? To run and come and live in your house? Even though these countries are developed, racial attacks have reduced but not much has changed. My point is if those people had avoided these countries, life would have been a global village for the Europeans and not for us, as we would have wallowed in ignorance, which has always made people take advantage of us. Where he chooses to school doesnt matter. It is his money. The fact is he should be free to live and survive freely without being harassed. The government is responsible for foreign immigrants who are legal.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Revolva(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
I never liked that ukraine for one day they are bloody poor white folks with aggressive behaviours the same with russians and most eastern blocks - let me tell you in europe you must face racism as a black man only that in some countries they are tolerable than others are worst like eastern blocks
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by pomporiking: 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
I no even know wetin cari una go ukraine..just because u want to travel..only a foolish black man will go and live there

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by MacLovington(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
There's something fishy about this story . Are we even sure this Olaolu guy wasn't involved in some illicit activities over there in Ukraine?

Why do you think your fellow countryman has to be "involved in some illicit activities" there? You think Ukraine would not have highlighted this by now?

Just imagine you as the ambassador there.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
Nigerian government where are thou and this is happening.... Had it been the USA they would have issued threats unpon threats until that guy is released with proper compensation, you don't mess up with an American citizen.

But it is really painful that our governments will even accept bribe to overlook the matter if they are offered one. i really feel for guy may God see him and all other Nigerians in dat mudafucking racist country through.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by dasparrow: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
@Post

Why are Nigerians going to Ukraine for goodness sake? Fellow Nigerians una dey try oh! There are certain parts of this world that I will never go to be it for schooling or to reside in. Lately, I have been telling myself that if I stopped residing in america, it will be back to West Africa straight. In this day and age I know Nigerians have access to the internet so why can't young Nigerians do some research on the country they are choosing to go and study at? Ok, so now that Olaolu is languishing in jail in a terribly racist east european country like Ukraine, is he accomplishing what he came there to do?

Nigerians will see a lion (rascist country) and then stick their hands into his mouth (go to said rascist country to live or study) and then expect the lion not to bite their hand off (become suprised when they get discriminated against and persecuted). It is not by force to study in europe.

I know many Nigerian universities are bad but what stops Nigerians who can't afford to study in USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand from studying in other english speaking African countries like Botswana, Kenya and the likes? Must you go to some crappy, poverty stricken, racist eastern european country where english is not even spoken to obtain your university degree? I just tire for una. Some of you don't seem to love yourselves that is why you keep flocking to hostile environments world wide (from South East Asia to eastern european countries to arab countries) for studies and to make a living. Anyways, na una sabi. May God help the young man.

I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not disappear.

3 Likes

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
So sad, I remember a friend that schooled in ukraine telling me about all these skin heads and the racism, I narrated the story to my cousin who is sending her son there to school, she said it was a lie, that there are plenty of nigerians in ukraine and she hasn't heard such a thing. I'll show her this and hope she believes now
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by BTT(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
Come... The thing no understand me well: they no get interpreter for my poor brother, so na wetin them they take teach my brothers for school? Abi na sign language?
eedeeots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Apply For Technical Study Scholarship / Abia University Sacks Michael Ukaegbu For Sex For Grade Scandal / Apply For University Of Leicester (UK) Centenary Scholarships For African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.