Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine (15232 Views)

Nigerian Student Of Warwick Suffers Racism (Photo) / Olaolu Femi Nigerian Student Facing Life Imprisonment In Ukraine Released / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: yeah but it wouldnt be because you were born brown skinned. something you cant control.

Yea, just like you can control your tribe/ethnicity in Nigeria.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Some areas like India and Ukraine are not ready. Even some part of USA is not read.

We must make them ready. A few must die for many to live in freedom.
you are just an armchair rebel. you sit comfortably in your room on your computer talking that malcolm x martin luther king crap and then when a rat scuttles beside your leg you will be screaming and wailing like a banshee. you are an armchair rebel. why not go volunteer your life so that some demonic caucasoid will love you.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: you are just an armchair rebel. you sit comfortably in your room on your computer talking that malcolm x martin luther king crap and then when a rat scuttles beside your leg you will be screaming and wailing like a banshee. you are armchair rebel. why not go volunteer your life so that some demonic caucasoid will love you.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Thank you for the comic relief. . . . as always cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm assuming you're playing the role of the rat?
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: pounced on me ? no way. i dont care how much nigerian universities supposedly suck or how much suffering i am experiencing in nigeria, you can never pay me to go to certain parts of the world. eastern europe, asia as a whole, any arab country. so based on that no they have never tried to jump me. when i see them in england they themselves are a minority so they hide the savage behavior and pretend to be human but from looking at them i can sense how dangerous they can be.

I understand. I was just surprised that you understand pretty how that region works. It shows how informed and observant you are.

Any racist news or attacks doesn't surprise me because the fundamental problems are totally ignored. Even those in the so called "Tolerant western countries" are not immune to attacks. Far right groups and politics are on the rise across the western world.

Reuters) - Racist attacks against immigrants are on the rise in Greece, leaving hundreds of victims injured and at least one dead, the head of an organization representing Pakistanis in Greece said on Tuesday, urging authorities to stop ignoring the phenomenon.

Greece is a major gateway for mostly Asian and African migrants trying to enter the European Union. But they face increased hostility as the country goes through its deepest postwar recession and record unemployment.

"It started with verbal attacks, then came rods and brass-knuckles and now the knives are coming out," Javied Aslam, head of the Pakistani Community organization and the president of the migrant workers' association, told Reuters.

His remarks follow the brutal killing of a young Iraqi, who was stabbed to death in Athens on Sunday. Police suspect a racist attack but nobody has been arrested or charged.

Political parties and major newspapers expressed outrage at the attack, which is just the latest in a string of violent incidents against immigrants.

At least 500 migrants have been attacked in the last six months, said Aslam who works as an interpreter at hospitals. More than 20 were stabbed and hospitalized in the last three weeks alone.

In June, four Egyptians were beaten up by a gang. A month earlier Greek media reported that an Albanian standing on the street was stabbed with a sword by a masked motorcycle rider.

Human rights' groups have said that there was evidence that perpetrators are associated with local vigilante groups and Golden Dawn, an extreme-right party elected to parliament this year - the first time a far-right party has been represented in the assembly since the fall of a military junta in 1974.

A day after the killing of the Iraqi, arsonists firebombed an office of Golden Dawn causing minor damage.

Reacting to Golden Dawn's rise, Greece's conservative-led coalition has pledged to crack down on illegal immigration.

Prime Minister Antonis Samaras struggles to maintain social peace amid growing public frustration with painful austerity measures he needs to take in return for bailout money from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.

Greek police have arrested over 1,650 paperless migrants in a sweep operation this month code-named "Xenios Zeus", the ancient Greek God for guests and foreigners.

But Aslam said the operation has just fuelled anti-immigrant feeling and encouraged vigilantes. "It is clearly the government's responsibility," he said.

(Reporting by Phoebe Fronista and Renee Maltezou; Editing by Jon Hemming)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/14/us-greece-immigration-idUSBRE87D0QG20120814

The world economy has fundamentally changed. The western world were caught unaware. And since they have a very strong sense of nationalism dating back thousands of years and the economy falters further, the so called tolerance could turn into a nightmare overnight. The Jews for thousands of years were at the receiving end of this frustration; blacks and other immigrant groups shouldn't feel too comfortable in their "adopted homeland". Norway is one of the most liberal countries in the world, yet, you saw what happened with that guy that killed more than 50 people.

The worst is that an average westerner sympathize with these far right groups: to the extent that they are given political platforms to express their views. During my football career, I came up close to these people in the field in many towns and villages. The smiles and assurances from the mainstream native politicians and citizens are mostly fakes. We will know how tolerant they are when the going gets tough.

A man without Dignity is a lost cause. The average African man/woman thinks everything white is right, so they look up to them in everything.

The skin heads and far right groups may be right after all; that we need to develop our own motherland ourselves and that I have come to agree with them.

2 Likes

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, just like you can control your tribe/ethnicity in Nigeria.
tribal friction is rare in nigeria if you stay away from the demonic north
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by cap28: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2012
onatisi:
they will never listen when u tell them ,if u go to travel and eduction section you will see them askig how to get a visa to ukraine

Our people are extremely ignorant and have no idea about anything outside their immediate environment - all eastern european countries have an intense and rabid hatred towards africans - any nigerian dumb enough to ignore reality can go there and face their lynch mobs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKJDle0nZ0

these people are super brutal they even colluded with the nazis during the second world war and massacred thousands of jews - they are even proud of this aspect of their history. any nigerian dumb enough to ignore the very loud warning bells and still venture into this hell hole will have only him or herself to blame.

1 Like

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: tribal friction is rare in nigeria if you stay away from the demonic north

Huh? Nigeria belongs to you and I. Why should I stay away from my birthright?
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
cap28:

Our people are extremely ignorant and have no idea about anything outside their immediate environment - all eastern european countries have an intense and rabid hatred towards africans - any nigerian dumb enough to ignore reality can go there and face their lynch mobs:

these people are super brutal they even colluded with the nazis during the second world war and massacred thousands of jews - they are even proud of this aspect of their history. any nigerian dumb enough to ignore the very loud warning signs and still venture into this hell hole will have only him or herself to blame.

"I have no problems with Chinese and Asians. . . . or Africans." 0:25- 0:28

Another lie fromt he internet.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Olodostein:

I understand. I was just surprised that you understand pretty how that region works. It shows how informed and observant you are.

Any racist news or attacks doesn't surprise me because the fundamental problems are totally ignored. Even those in the so called "Tolerant western countries" are not immune to attacks. Far right groups and politics are on the rise across the western world.

The world economy has fundamentally changed. The western world were caught unaware. And since they have a very strong sense of nationalism dating back thousands of years and the economy falters further, the so called tolerance could turn into a nightmare overnight. The Jews for thousands of years were at the receiving end of this frustration; blacks and other immigrant groups shouldn't feel too comfortable in their "adopted homeland". Norway is one of the most liberal countries in the world, yet, you saw what happened with that guy that killed more than 50 people.

The worst is that an average westerner sympathize with these far right groups: to the extent that they are given political platforms to express their views. During my football career, I came up close to these people in the field in many towns and villages. The smiles and assurances from the mainstream native politicians and citizens are mostly fakes. We will know how tolerant they are when the going gets tough.

A man without Dignity is a lost cause. The average African man/woman thinks everything white is right, so they look up to them in everything.

The skin heads and far right groups may be right after all; that we need to develop our own motherland ourselves and that I have come to agree with them.
excellent points made. totally agree with them all. you are right when you say the avg african thinks white is right. i find that extremely amazing considering the barbaric history of colonialism. but hey, the avg black man has more sense in his stomach than in his head. his stomach does the thinking for him. his stomach = materialism
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by AK481(m): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
lurkee: I wonder if he had taken the pacifist way of not retaliating, whether he could have spared himself this trouble. It is really unfortunate what happened to him but while we cannot control what others do to us, we can control how we respond. Poor guy, I hope he gets the help he needs.

If he hadn't retaliated,he might be dead by now,sir!
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Huh? Nigeria belongs to you and I. Why should I stay away from my birthright?
nigeria does not belong to you. ekiti belongs to you. stay in ekiti
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: nigeria does not belong to you. ekiti belongs to you. stay in ekiti

Even your state belongs to me. Ask the constitution. I own you.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Even your state belongs to me. Ask the constitution. I own you.
grin just keep your azz in the yoruba states for your own safety. i know a few malos that will like to introduce their knives to your belligerent neck
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: grin just keep your azz in the yoruba states for your own safety. i know a few malos that will like to introduce their knives to your belligerent neck

I'm currently in Kano state. Don't hate me because I feel safe here. Hate me because you're too afraid to venture out of of your eggshell.

LOL @ your threat. What a wicked soul. sad
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by onatisi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
cap28: ANY BLACK PERSON WHO MAKES THE MISTAKE OF VENTURING INTO UKRAINE SHOULD THANK THEIR STARS IF THEY MAKE IT OUT OF THE COUNTRY ALIVE, LOOK AT HOW THIS AFRICAN MAN WAS BEATEN BRUTALLY ON A TRAIN IN THAT COUNTRY BY A GROUP OF UKRAINIAN MEN, THEY HATE BLACKS AND REGARD US AS VERMIN, IF NOT FOR THE INTERVENTION OF THE POLICE THAT MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED, NOTICE HOW NO ONE INTERVENED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCV3_OdpaQ
even if u show the video of ukrainians beheading black ppl ,ppl will not listen.the first day i saw this youtube video on nl the topic was dont go to ukraine if u love ur life by vicjustice,you wont believe that after the first 5comments or response people started asking vicjustice if he could help them with visa to ukraine!
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
onatisi:
even if u show the video of ukrainians beheading black ppl ,ppl will not listen.the first day i saw this youtube video on nl the topic was dont go to ukraine if u love ur life by vicjustice,you wont believe that after the first 5comments or response people started asking vicjustice if he could help them with visa to ukraine!

I feel that the brave African man was standing his ground. He showed no fear. Thanks to him, 50 years from now, Africans will be walking freely in Ukraine.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm currently in Kano state. Don't hate me because I feel safe here. Hate me because you're too afraid to venture out of of your eggshell.

LOL @ your threat. What a wicked soul. sad
you people need to get over this idea that the whole world is a playground and you are entitled to be anywhere you want to be blah blah blah. unfortunately its not like that. you encroach in another mans territory or comfort zone and you are likely to end up in the pearly gates. keep messing with them hausas up north. walahi talahi you will be converted to ekiti suya
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by onatisi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
@obadiah ,pls try to ignore her ,she never contributes anything meaningful than insults and abuses.but if u have the time u can continue
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by cap28: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

"I have no problems with Chinese and Asians. . . . or Africans." 0:25- 0:28

Another lie fromt he internet.

no you missed what he said - he said: "we re not against asians in asia and niggers in africa" - in other words - he is saying: "STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY asians and niggers AS YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE"
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
cap28:

these people are super brutal they even colluded with the nazis during the second world war and massacred thousands of jews - they are even proud of this aspect of their history. any nigerian dumb enough to ignore the very loud warning signs and still venture into this hell hole will have only him or herself to blame.

Bro,

90% of Africans do not know who the Nazis were or who Neo Nazis are.

95% do not that Black skinned people were bared from entering Australia up until the 1970's.

85% do not know that there was a time when African Americans were dragged from their homes and lynched with nooses; even to this day, nooses are placed in universities by white students to remind them of their bitter past.

98% innocent minded Africans do not know that a human being can jump and perhaps kill another human being just because of the colour of his skin or his origin.

And the list goes on.

The kind of ignorance that exist in our community is I would say suicidal.

Where do we start from ?

2 Likes

Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
cap28:

no you missed what he said - he said: "we re not against asians in asia and niggers in africa" - in other words - he is saying: "STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY asians and niggers AS YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE"

Hmm I see sad
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
onatisi: @obadiah ,pls try to ignore her ,she never contributes anything meaningful than insults and abuses.but if u have the time u can continue
lol appreciate the heads up brah grin
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: you people need to get over this idea that the whole world is a playground and you are entitled to be anywhere you want to be blah blah blah. unfortunately its not like that. you encroach in another mans territory or comfort zone and you are likely to end up in the pearly gates. keep messing with them hausas up north. walahi talahi you will be converted to ekiti suya

Are you a cannibal? Cheii, stop dreaming about sinking your yellow fungified teeth into this delectable Ekiti flesh. Go away.

The world is my oyster. Of course, it will take many of us to open the shells to get to the goodies inside.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
wherever we(Africans) are we must create a force/movement who will protect us abroad..
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Excuzeme: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
proudlyafrican: This is a very sad news,hope the Nigerian Government will come to his aid.
Which Nigerian Government be that?

Which Nigerian Embassy staff are you referring to?
Dont make me die of laughter joor!

You need to see the caliber of selfish and greedy bast*rds that are posted to these foreign offices (based on party membership or who is sleeping with who...remember that woman "Baba Ota" was sleeping with and was sent her to Minister Aviation, which she ruined, before sending her as one of our Ambassadors to an European country?)....for you to understand why they dont give a toss if all Nigerians in their host country are gassed to death.

As long as they make their own extra money from issuing Passport and all other documents, You are OYO (On Your Own) wink wink
Just imagine that the Stewpid Embassy and its staff cannot even volunteer to do the translation(using Google), or pay for a Translator?
Nigerians need to be well educated on their choice of which country to travel to, if they want to travel out.

Most of these "white folks" are so racist, that even Obama as POTUS, is feeling the heat...How much more a bloody Nigerian?
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you a cannibal? Cheii, stop dreaming about sinking your yellow fungified teeth into this delectable Ekiti flesh. Go away.

The world is my oyster. Of course, it will take many of us to open the shells to get to the goodies inside.
only shell you going to be opening is the shell on the streets of the pearly gates if you keep encroaching in hostile peoples territory.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
obadiah777: only shell you going to be opening is the shell on the streets of the pearly gates if you keep encroaching in hostile peoples territory.

I'll meet you there, foo.

Oops, we aint going the same route tongue
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by cap28: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Bro,

95% do not that Black skinned people were bared from entering Australia up until the 1970's.

85% do not know that there was a time when African Americans were dragged from their homes and lynched with nooses; even to this day, nooses are placed in universities by white students to remind them of their bitter past.

98% innocent minded Africans do not know that a human being can jump and perhaps kill another human being just because of the colour of his skin or his origin.

And the list goes on.

Where do we start from ?

I hear you my brother, i agree with you 100%

this is the reason why many of our people sleep walk to their death, is this not the same way so many of our people ended up being butchered by arabs in libya when law and order broke down there last year? - if they were worldly wise they would have known that arabs just like the eastern europeans have a rabid hatred for black african people which flares up without provocation in the form of extreme violence.

this is why they say ignorance can kill. Education is not only about cramming text books but about understanding the world you live in. Any black person who knows the history of Ukraine and the role they played as collaborators with Hitler would never venture anywhere near that country.

Peace bro cool
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'll meet you there, foo.

Oops, we aint going the same route tongue
we defnitely aint going the same route. i sure aint going to the north and i damn sure am not going to ukraine. thats one thing you have said correctly all damn day. we aint going the same route. lol
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2012
Olodostein:

Bro,

And the list goes on.

Where do we start from ?
it all makes sense now. i always wondered why in the travel section black people enquire about the craziest countries to get visas to. like did these fools not get the memo that black ppl get lynched in these countries ? see i always thought they were so desperate to be in any white country that they didnt care about the consequences. so its total ignorance to white history as pertaining to how they treat black ppl. it all makes sense now. see i just thought they were long throat who were chasing the dollar irrespective of how dangerous the destination was.
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
cap28:

I hear you my brother, i agree with you 100%

this is the reason why many of our people sleep walk to their death, is this not the same way so many of our people ended up being butchered by arabs in libya when law and order broke down there last year? - if they were worldly wise they would have known that arabs just like the eastern europeans have a rabid hatred for black african people which flares up without provocation in the form of extreme violence.

this is why they say ignorance can kill. Education is not only about cramming text books but about understanding the world you live in. Any black person who knows the history of Ukraine and the role they played as collaborators with Hitler would never venture anywhere near that country.

Peace bro cool

So true. A long way to goo.

Sometimes, I no fit shout.

Peace back bro cool
Re: Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine by Saravejo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
Blackteeth: The consequences of finding shortcut greener pastures rather than working together to help Nigeria our country.
ha! U got no sense at all oponu,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apply For University Of Leicester (UK) Centenary Scholarships For African / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / Latest News On Unilag Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.