Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out (1615 Views)

Sons Of Anarchy Dvd Is You Cup Of Tea? / The Raid (redemption) / $40 Million Movie 'Sole Redemption' To Be Filmed In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by samfibby(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
The raid redemption,from the producers of kung fu hustle. I saw the film early this year, it was terribly awesome, cant wait to get my hands on the dvd. Best kunfu movie of the decade, so far. Here is a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hSL3a_kaw
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by VillageBoi(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
Total bada$$ film. The action is relentless & awesome... they are making the part 2 next year and Hollywood has already copied this one with the Writer/Director onboard as an Executive Producer.
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by semid4lyfe(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
VillageBoi:
Total bada$$ film. The action is relentless & awesome... they are making the part 2 next year and Hollywood has already copied this one with the Writer/Director onboard as an Executive Producer.

Skipped downloading it sometime back cos it was Indonesian and I didn't think it was all that but with your comment I'm gonna download it ASAP
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by samfibby(m): 6:56am On Aug 21, 2012
@VillageBoi. Sincerely, i wouldnt want hollywood coming in to stain the stunts in this film. Indonesian kunfu dey bad sha...

Me sef, i no know say indonesian sabi fungfu like this. Abeg, guy go download de film ASAP...i cant wait for the part 2. THe kungfu, is heart-rendering, makes ur adrenaline dey pump like locomotive train and the matchetes na bada$$.
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by VillageBoi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
samfibby: @VillageBoi. Sincerely, i wouldnt want hollywood coming in to stain the stunts in this film. Indonesian kunfu dey bad sha...

Me sef, i no know say indonesian sabi fungfu like this. Abeg, guy go download de film ASAP...i cant wait for the part 2. THe kungfu, is heart-rendering, makes ur adrenaline dey pump like locomotive train and the matchetes na bada$$.

Bros Hollywood don do am already - you know they are copy masters. Anything from Asia they will remake; e be like say the average US cinema-goer can't read subs. Well, let's see what their 'big budget' version looks like.
I found this film to be very inspiring as they have a lot of BTS/making of videos - on YouTube and some pretty nice interviews.
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by samfibby(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
They already failed b4 they start the movie making. Hollywood gat serious issues, it is fast losing its creativity to hyping and believing you should spend millions of dollars to make a good movie. Moreover, a larger percentage of the money goes into advertising. I dont even want to see their version.Can hollywood make a purely 100 percent fluid kung-fu without effects and all what not? I doubt that. Lets wait and see.
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by lannypatton: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2012
One of the best television shows of its time, or any time for that matter, The Simpsons has resurrected the prime time animation genre.

Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by VillageBoi(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
lannypatton: One of the best television shows of its time, or any time for that matter, The Simpsons has resurrected the prime time animation genre.

Selling Chinese DVD for commission? What has the Simpsons got to do with this thread??
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by khanivorous(f): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Now that's definitely a MUST WATCH...

Even with its maranthi levels, it beats TDKR and avenger #IMHO#

The kombats were so real and way off the charts which makes me wonder who is gonna play the ' drug lord's foreman' role ( steven seagal or mark dacascus or jet li) in the hollywood version.
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by VillageBoi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
khanivorous: Now that's definitely a MUST WATCH...

The kombats were so real and way off the charts which makes me wonder who is gonna play the ' drug lord's foreman' role ( steven seagal or mark dacascus or jet li) in the hollywood version.

Very good question. Who WILL play that role??!!
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by semid4lyfe(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
khanivorous: Now that's definitely a MUST WATCH...

Used 700mb of my data bundle to download the 720p BRRip of the movie last nite.

I haven't watched it yet but I've skip-previewed it & seen some of the action/fighting scenes (the part he was trying to force a door open and some peeps brandishing machetes cornered him in the narrow hall and he turned back to fight them) and I gats say they looked very realistic.

It's on queue for me to watch after Avengers which I'm on right now. Will be back with my comments then. . . .
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by ProudUSA: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
The Raid has been called the best action film of the decade by many. The last time we had such seriously mean martial arts action must have been Ip Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macWh15uVu8

There's really no need for a Hollywood remake of The Raid.

The movie actually features Indonesian silat martial arts not kung fu (Chinese).
It was directed by A Welsh man who relocated to Indonesia with his Indonesian wife.
The movie was an independent product which then had its marketing/distribution rights bought by Sony (of the Kung Fu Hustle fame).
Re: The Raid Redemption Dvd Is Out by semid4lyfe(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Saw the movie some days ago and it had mad, furious & relentless action.

Best fighting scenes I've seen in a long while. Plot and dialogue were weak but that's forgive-able considering it's genre.

Overall, I'll rate it a 7/10

(1) (Reply)

Gospel/christian Movie Screenplays For Sale - Each Maximum Of 10 Scenes / Half Of A Yellow Sun. / Evergreen Sound Tracks In Nigeria Home Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.