Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? (7558 Views)

Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate / Students Who Don’t Wish To Suffer After Graduation Should Do These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
So i'll be starting my final exams on monday and am thinking of ways 2 spend the wait before youth service already; take up a vocation perhaps, I just dont wanna be idle. Suggestions pls.. How did u spend those few months before ur nysc posting?
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Acidosis(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
Shugamania: So i'll be starting my final exams on monday and am thinking of ways 2 spend the wait before youth service already; take up a vocation perhaps, I just dont wanna be idle. Suggestions pls.. How did u spend those few months before ur nysc posting?

Keep on learning
°Tailoring
°Events management
°Catering most especially cakes
etc.
By learning any of these handworks, you're securing a future for yourself. Try it now & Thank me later.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2012
Wish I can help, there are 3 family business, a mall, factory, estate survey firm. Was always employed from secondary school during hols, by pre-nysc I was a graphics consultant, website designer and administrator. But you can follow the suggestions of the previous post, they won't take anything from you or reduce your status instead, you will be a better person from it, probably forge a solid career.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by pseudonomer: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: Wish I can help, there are 3 family business, a mall, factory, estate survey firm. Was always employed from secondary school during hols, by pre-nysc I was a graphics consultant, website designer and administrator. But you can follow the suggestions of the previous post, they won't take anything from you or reduce your status instead, you will be a better person from it, probably forge a solid career.

And where is that?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Lordave: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Spent the whole of my time under an electric pole eating iya Tope's roasted corn..... Give it a try.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by slimdiggi: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Try and get familiar wit a computer or attend computer sch,MOST IMPORTANT!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by fankasibe: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
I'm also in ur shoes....i dey teach for one school wey dey pay me 22,600..,i doubt if i will go for my service.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by kunle75(m): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
@poster,

the first respondent says it all,dat was excatly what i did during my time and it pays hugely for me today............enough is for the wise.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by puskin: 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Shugamania: So i'll be starting my final exams on monday and am thinking of ways 2 spend the wait before youth service already; take up a vocation perhaps, I just dont wanna be idle. Suggestions pls.. How did u spend those few months before ur nysc posting?

READ....get DRUNK......then READ again
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by obi123: 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Acidosis:

Keep on learning
°Tailoring
°Events management
°Catering most especially cakes
etc.
By learning any of these handwork, you're securing a future for yourself. Try it now & Thank me later.

this is A+ advise right here oh,right now i have an excellent job but i cant bake to save my life(paid £22 to make simple 10inch sponge cake for a bridal shower over the wknd) and even at gun point i cant sew(i paid £45 to a tailor just this wknd for simple skirt and blouse and it hurt) , i have now realized that these are life long skills that everyone should learn, my sister has not been able to find a job since the end of her NYSC but learnt how to bake and right now she has at least 4 cake orders every wk, which i think is amazing considering that she only enrolled in a 2mth baking course in Lagos there.
Just bought her a solid mixer to encourage her in her cake business no point working for people if you have skills that are in demand in my opinion
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by chiochio1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Haha ;Dsee crase...spend all the time in rolling some joint for ghetto dudes grin grin
Lordave: Spent the whole of my time under an electric pole eating iya Tope's roasted corn..... Give it a try.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Jayloy: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lay your hands on something and get busy.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
pseudonomer:

And where is that?
Where is what?
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Like some1 said,go for computer lessons,start working online and get paid,go for baking,decorating,programming,et al lessons. It will pay of big time

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by ACM10: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Just get ready for the most boring period of your life. Except you have a business to manage
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thanks a whole lot guys, Acidosis especially. I have some basic ideas gathered here and there about catering, so i can at least bake a simple cake and make 'chinchin', that's as far as i wanna go with catering. I 've been thinking about tailoring and photography a lot though, i love d idea of seeing my designs on people plus it pays well and i love taking pictures, of anything, anywhere. So, i'll probably settle for one of those.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Jaykizz(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
nl wil surely do u a hell of company + ur wknds spent watchn futbal matches + hangin out wit ur gf in d evnins.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Jaykizz:
nl wil surely do u a hell of company ur wknds spent watchn futbal matches hangin out wit ur gf in d evnins.
Dude, am a girl.. I love football, but i dont devote my entire weekend 2 it. Lmao at ''hanging out with my gf''.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: Wish I can help, there are 3 family business, a mall, factory, estate survey firm. Was always employed from secondary school during hols, by pre-nysc I was a graphics consultant, website designer and administrator. But you can follow the suggestions of the previous post, they won't take anything from you or reduce your status instead, you will be a better person from it, probably forge a solid career.

Pls give me a part-time job in one of your daddy's firm now, i'll manage a 5-figure salary for now.. wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Shugamania:

Pls give me a part-time job in one of your daddy's firm now, i'll manage a 5-figure salary for now.. wink
That could be easily arranged but we are all the way in Delta state, besides I'm now on my own and don't like dabbling in the family business.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lordave: Spent the whole of my time under an electric pole eating iya Tope's roasted corn..... Give it a try.

grin grin grin sure i will, as long as she's gonna pay me after eating. Gimme her address cool
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
puskin:

READ....get DRUNK......then READ again

Now, being idle seems like a better option cheesy
Thanks but no thanks, am going to lay off reading for a while. Erm.. Can i get drunk on water? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by 2sexy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: That could be easily arranged but we are all the way in Delta state, besides I'm now on my own and don't like dabbling in the family business.
bro, where in Delta State? I just finished from PTI and also waiting for NYSC.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: That could be easily arranged but we are all the way in Delta state, besides I'm now on my own and don't like dabbling in the family business.

Awwww.. No branch in lagos?
Thanks all d same.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Lordave: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
Shugamania:

grin grin grin sure i will, as long as she's gonna pay me after eating. Gimme her address cool
14 War-torn street, Maiduguri, Borno state. She must surely pay you.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by LongOne1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
Phew, memories of my misguided youth. The good old days after graduation, when I pursued the most chicks, cancelled enough bottles, and turned my lungs into a full time combustion chamber.

I still found time to do Oracle in NIIT though, which I failed due to the above mentioned.
Don’t go down the way I went, you have received a lot of good advice, please follow it and make hay while the sun shines.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
2sexy: bro, where in Delta State? I just finished from PTI and also waiting for NYSC.
I'm in Saptown.

Shugamania:

Awwww.. No branch in lagos?
Thanks all d same.
Pele, no branch.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by queensmith: 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Long One: Phew, memories of my misguided youth. The good old days after graduation, when I pursued the most chicks, cancelled enough bottles, and turned my lungs into a full time combustion chamber.

I still found time to do Oracle in NIIT though, which I failed due to the above mentioned.
Don’t go down the way I went, you have received a lot of good advice, please follow it and make hay while the sun shines.

LOL! grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by LongOne1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^^ hey, what’s up. Long time, no argument, which reminds me, I still have to reply you.
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by Shugamania(f): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lordave: 14 War-torn street, Maiduguri, Borno state. She must surely say you.

Make i travel all d way 2 maiduguri because i wan chop agbado! Wat's wrong with d corn sellers in lagos
Re: How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? by queensmith: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Long One: ^^^ hey, what’s up. Long time, no argument, which reminds me, I still have to reply you.

Iyam fine oooo- lol if you can find it! But I think i have already finished you so you needn't bother tongue tongue tongue

so gyst us on the details of the female pursuing post uni days grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Ume 2009/2010 Of Oau / EBSU Admissions 2013/2014 / Has Anyone Applied To Any Norwegian University For Since Application Started?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.