Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? (2450 Views)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / Nasarawa Pilgrim Returns N.5m To Afghan Mate, Gets Free Hajj Seat(pic) / Which Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2007
Pilgrim.1

Your attention is needed before giving you my explanations and backing up same with verses from your holy book

Is the bible 1005 word of God?
Is the bible 100% inspired?
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2007
@pilgrim.1

Your attention is still needed grin
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
Do you think it is? Let us hear your point of view first.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2008
@bobbyaf

Insert Quote
Do you think it is? Let us hear your point of view first.

I asked pilgrim questions and if you think you can be of assistance, try to answer those questions.

Here are the questions again

1. Is the bible 100% word of God?
2. Is the bible 100% inspired?

Thanks cool
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dragnet: 10:56am On Jan 03, 2008
It is c0mpulsory 4 every muslim 2 believe in ALL the prophets of GOD<s.w.t.> likewise ALL the books & revelations. . . .but then the GOSPEL has been edited to the p0wer of infinity! so I may n0t agree that what we have n0w is 100%
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dafidixone(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2008
Your attention is needed before giving you my explanations and backing up same with verses from your holy book

I will like you to check up for the word "Inspiration" from books of explanations. I am sure you are confusing some word here to have prompted your asking this questions. lipsrsealed

grin
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Davidixone: Davidixone, if you can even answer these direct questions, about your 'Bible,' as you have it today, then how are still in among the crowd called 'Christians?' You can't even stand on the conviction of your Book! Wow! Answer the questions and stop taking the 'fifth.' Come on. Enough already!
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dafidixone(m): 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
@adebowale

Let me first wish you 2008 of which you will be sure of your salvation grin

As regard your thinking of this poster, when I am sure he understand the meaning of that word "Inspiration" then I will be able to put him in clear perspective what he may like to know cheesy

Adebowale! Adobowale!

undecided
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2008
@defidixone: Sorry I misspelled your name. But it was not intentional. Please answer the questions and stop avoiding it, giving us issue of understanding Inspired. Every soul is inspired to do good, but yet there are evils done by many. So people claim that they are inspired. That is their claim. Only God knows the truth. But am very sure that whosoever engineered the three godhead in One God has been inspired by the Devil. That has been declared in the Qur'an, Surah Mariam. You wouldn't know about it would you that if there has been more than One God, all the others will be trying to out shine one another/each other, and then may actually gang up to try to challenge the Supreme GOD! This verse is also in Surah Mariam.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dafidixone(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2008
All scripture(word in the bible) were written through the inspiration of one true God. grin

does that answer your question?
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dafidixone(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
It is Divinely Inspired
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

"For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:21).

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe" (Hebrews 1:1-2).

"Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses" (1 Kings 8:56).

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" (Luke 21:32-33).

"Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens" (Psalm 119:89).

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you" (Deuteronomy 4:2).

"Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever" (Isaiah 40:cool.

", For you have exalted above all things your name and your word" (Psalm 138:2).

"But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD" (Ezekiel 12:25).

"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18).
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by TayoD1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2008
@topic,

NO. the Bible is not 1005 word of God!

YES! The bible is 100% inspired. Is that not why Mohammed associated his god "allah" with it by claiming "allah" confirms it?
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
@dafidixone

Insert Quote
It is Divinely Inspired
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I will respond to this soon

"For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:21).

What prophecy are you referring to? Are you referring to those unfulfilled prophecies atrributed to Jesus?

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe" (Hebrews 1:1-2).

You can see that you nailed yourself on Jesus being your God but I will respond to that

"Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses" (1 Kings 8:56).

What has this got to do with the topic? shocked

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away" (Luke 21:32-33).

Are you of that when some prophecies have not been fulfilled!

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you" (Deuteronomy 4:2).

"Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Are you referring to Catholic, protestants or Jehovah witnessed bible? I have showed you missing verses in some versions yet you claimed that nobody adds or subtract, where was the holy spirit when they were doing all that?

"But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD" (Ezekiel 12:25).

You are right jare brother grin

"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18).

Are you sure of that/ Have you been to that thread on unfulfilled prophecies attributed to Jesus?
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Tayo d

@topic,

NO. the Bible is not 1005 word of God!

Sorry brother, it was my pc that did that, I meant 100%. So is the bible 100% word of God?

YES! The bible is 100% inspired. Is that not why Muhammad associated his god "allah" with it by claiming "allah" confirms it?

I will attend to this after this very post.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by TayoD1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2008
@babs787,

Sorry brother, it was my pc that did that, I meant 100%. So is the bible 100% word of God?
Why do you call me brother? On what basis are we brothers? Better still, why do muslims refer to themselves as brothers and sisters? On what basis do they do that? Christians can say that of themselves because we believe every Christian is a child of God. On what basis do you guys refer to yourselves as brothers and sisters?

As to your earlier question, it is not necessary base on the latter one. I mentioned that the Bible is 100% inspired by God and it contains both the Words spoken by God and that by men and even angels and demons. This question is a classic case of elevating semantics above the reality. Yes, the Bible is 100% God's Word becuase it is 100% inspired of God.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Tayo d & dafidixone

I will talk on the bible being 100% word of God later cool

It is Divinely Inspired

From the above passage, we are told that the Bible guides us to the following:

1.     Teaching

2.      Rebuking

3.      Correcting:

4.      Training in righteousness

Where do we group the verses below?

Genesis 19:30-38: Lot(as) having incestuous sexual relations with his own 2 daughters and bearing offspring.

2. Genesis 35:22: Incest between mother and son.

3.  Genesis 38:1-30: Judah committing incest with his daughter-in-law and producing Pharez and Zerah, the future ancestors of Jesus(as).

note that Jesus came as a result of incest had that night!!

5."One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, 'Isn't this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the WIFE of Uriah the Hittite?'   Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then she went back home.  (2 Samuel 11:2-4)"

2 Timothy 4:9-13
9 Do your best to come to me quickly,
10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.
11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry.
12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus.
13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.

Titus 3:12-14
12 As soon as I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, because I have decided to winter there.
13 Do everything you can to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way and see that they have everything they need.

14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.

Song of Songs 8:1-3 "If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then, if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me.  I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house-- she who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates.  His left arm is under my head and his right arm embraces me."

Song of Solomon 8:10 "Dear brothers, I'm a walled-in virgin still, but my breasts are full— And when my lover sees me, he knows he'll soon be satisfied."  

etc,

"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from God," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.  (The Noble Quran, 2:79)"
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by TayoD1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2008
@babs787,

So that is all you intend to say with all your huffing and puffing? To prove that the Bible isn't inspired, the best you can do is quote some scriptures and tell us to prove how they do not provide instructions in righteousness? Dude, wakeup. This is 2008, and you need to become 2008 compliant by using some intelligence in proving your point.

If you cannot learn anything from the verses you quoted, then your case is worse than I anticipated. Our job on nairaland is not to teach people how to make a point and I will not waste my time trying to lecture you on what is obvious.

3.  Genesis 38:1-30: Judah committing incest with his daughter-in-law and producing Pharez and Zerah, the future ancestors of Jesus(as).
This is why I asked you to use some intelligence. How can Pharez and Zerah both be Jesus' ancestors? You need to try and question some of these materials that you lift before you reproduce them here. There are intelligent people on this board who use their mental faculty, though I detest having to think for you. Pharez is the ancestor of Jesus and not both of them.

While you are checking Jesus' ancestral tree, why do you fail to point out that there was even a harlot there, and that David himself commited adultery and murder, and that Nathan a child from the same woman is also Jesus' ancestor? And last of all, why do you omit the very fact that Adam, his ancestor was also a sinner who had the audacity to disobey God's command? The point is everyone before Jesus was a sinner, and it is only Jesus that is without sin. This fact is even coroborated by your Koran. So tell me, what is your point?

note that Jesus came as a result of incest had that night!!
It just tells you God's ability to bring out righteousnes even from unrighteousness. That Jesus is sinless despite His ancestry gives me great hope of righteousness. The same thing he has done for us today by making us righteous through His blood despite our being sinners. I trust in the same God for righteousness unlike you who trust in yourself for righteousness. You will never succeed in meeting God's standard of righteousness in and by yourslef. Turn to Jesu for salvation.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2008
@TayoD: Is there any verse of the Bible that is uniquely telling us that Jesus is the only sinless person? Further did you just isolate a verse from the Qur'an, which says that Jesus alone is the only sinless person? May I have the verse from the Qur'an? And did you consider all the other verses in the Qur'an considering Jesus and his mother, Virgin Mary? You must read Surah Al Maidah, towards the end to see what kinda condition that the day of Judgement holds for Jesus. You must also read towards the end of Surah Mariam, to see the condition of those who say that God has a son and the fact that no one has a right to intercede before the Irresistible God, except the one Only He grants it to. You must also read in Surah Nisaa where God says that Jesus was no crucified nor killed. You must also read in Surah Isra where Allah says that if there is more than 1 god, each god would try to out shine the other(s) and finally all would have colluded together and try to challenge the Supreme God!

Tayo if any and all of these do not have any effect on you, how do you want us the 'Muslims,' who accept One Supreme God should accept a man from Palestine, who at one time was just a mere fetus in his mothers womb, as our god? How do you expect us to take this man called Jesus as god when there is the owner of the "WORD" that all of you say he was, yet while he become flesh the OWNER OF THE WORD, never lost His ability to speak with His Angels and the other Prophets; Zachariah and Yahya, both father and son who were contemporaries of Jesus?

Finally, how 100% inspired words of God keep changing so much as if the goal post is being shifted every 20 years? Why so many versions of 100% inspired words of God? Which one is real and why don't you present the ORIGINAL Inspired Words of God, which you call the Bible: No only from the most ancient transcript which is in other language different the one it is revealed in, and 300 years later. I am talking about what it was right at the time of revelation. That will be Aramaic, but definitely, not Greek. It would be what we call the undiluted revelation. From the time of when the Qur'an declares that there is corruption in the Bible, it has become polluted. Now compare the two sets of Bibles and you will find discrepancies and disagreements between them!

This is the effort you have to go through to save your own soul. Jesus will not be able to do it for you. You should be grateful to the True God that Babs727 is pointing out these things to you. Bringing truth to your attention. All you have to say to him, is 'dude?'
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by TayoD1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
@olabowale,

@TayoD: Is there any verse of the Bible that is uniquely telling us that Jesus is the only sinless person?

Heb 4:15 - For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.

1Jo 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Are those answers enough for you. jesus is without sin, but anyone else who claims to be without sin is a liar.

Further did you just isolate a verse from the Qur'an, which says that Jesus alone is the only sinless person? May I have the verse from the Qur'an? And did you consider all the other verses in the Qur'an considering Jesus and his mother, Virgin Mary? You must read Surah Al Maidah, towards the end to see what kind of condition that the day of Judgement holds for Jesus. You must also read towards the end of Surah Mariam, to see the condition of those who say that God has a son and the fact that no one has a right to intercede before the Irresistible God, except the one Only He grants it to. You must also read in Surah Nisaa where God says that Jesus was no crucified nor killed. You must also read in Surah Isra where Allah says that if there is more than 1 god, each god would try to out shine the other(s) and finally all would have colluded together and try to challenge the Supreme God!
All this na tory. I hate dancing around in circles. You tell us then if I am wrong and prove yourself right. Does your Koran contest the fact that Jesus is without sin? I am not talking about mary now but Jesus. while your koran may make some claims about Mary being sinless, the bible does not do so.

Tayo if any and all of these do not have any effect on you, how do you want us the 'Muslims,' who accept One Supreme God should accept a man from Palestine, who at one time was just a mere fetus in his mothers womb, as our god? How do you expect us to take this man called Jesus as god when there is the owner of the "WORD" that all of you say he was, yet while he become flesh the OWNER OF THE WORD, never lost His ability to speak with His Angels and the other Prophets; Zachariah and Yahya, both father and son who were contemporaries of Jesus?
I will answer you with a question. Is it impossible for the Almighty God who has the power to do anything incapable of becoming man if He so choose? I believe ALL things are possible with God and I do not let my limited mind limit the one who is limitless. Not only is our God ABLE to become man, He is humble enough to take that state. I doubt that your allah has the power both to do that nor the humility to do it. Mind you, humility is a virtue that God personifies.

Finally, how 100% inspired words of God keep changing so much as if the goal post is being shifted every 20 years? Why so many versions of 100% inspired words of God? Which one is real and why don't you present the ORIGINAL Inspired Words of God, which you call the Bible: No only from the most ancient transcript which is in other language different the one it is revealed in, and 300 years later. I am talking about what it was right at the time of revelation. That will be Aramaic, but definitely, not Greek. It would be what we call the undiluted revelation. From the time of when the Qur'an declares that there is corruption in the Bible, it has become polluted. Now compare the two sets of Bibles and you will find discrepancies and disagreements between them!
What has changed? Please produce the orifginal version and compared with the scrolls that we have today. Translation is not the same thing as differences. The versions only exist because the original language was translated to english. This is quite different from the once that Abu Bakr did when he destroyed other copies of the koran becuase he is stronger than those with different ones militarily. So which one is the true Koran?

Th
is is the effort you have to go through to save your own soul. Jesus will not be able to do it for you. You should be grateful to the True God that Babs727 is pointing out these things to you. Bringing truth to your attention. All you have to say to him, is 'dude?'
There is no amount of effort a man can exert to save himself. Unless you want to tell me that your allah's righteous standard is so low that a mere human being can attain unto it. The Bible teaches that all our righteousness are like filthy rags before God. So if what you plan to table before God are your filthy rags, then I sorry, sorry for you.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 1:21am On Jan 04, 2008
@TayoD: Your two verses needs a little bit of Onion lay peel back to exposed the truth:
Heb 4:15 - For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.

1Jo 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.Are those answers enough for you. jesus is without sin, but anyone else who claims to be without sin is a liar.
: Hebrew 4:15 is a very convenient verse. Indeed the whole Hebrew is very convenient, for anyone to quote. Considering that it is a book written after Jesus left the earth. Raised up by the power of God, which was not him. That act, alone clearly points to us that Jesus and God are two different and separate entities. One being the Master, the other being the servant, running the errant of calling his own tribe, the lost children of Israel back to the path of pure guidance in worshipping God. Did Jesus make the statement in the Hebrew verse you quoted? No. Indeed all the post Gospel verses are conjectures of the people who remained alive on earth after Jesus was lifted up. In view of this, your Hebrew verse, is not worth the quality of the statement made. It is pure lie.

John 1:8, is very inconclusive, from the simple reading of it. Unless you have an insight to what is behind it, it also fail the crucial litmus test. If you use these two verses as your test, then you have proven nothing and if you hang your hope on these, verses, then I am afraid that you have to do better. tayoD, you have told a major but weak and baseless story.

As to the Qur'an talking about Jesus being sinless or not, I can not quote you a verse and this is why I asked you to provide the Qur'anic verse. Indeed, all Prophets are sinless, if you look at it, because, if any sin, from them, he is forgiven by Allah, as the prophet supplicates his Creator for forgiveness. Infact, the reason they sin, if at all, is to to teach believers of the fact that God accepts the repentance of His creations. Jesus was not an exception and you need to bring out your verse or verses from the Qur'an, since you could not proof it from the Bible. By the way what sin did John the son of Zachariah commit? What sin did his father Zachariah commit? In Islam Jesus and John were in the same heaven, the second even as seen by Muhammad in his night journey to heavens.

God can do anything. However God restricts Himself from doing things that do not befit His Majesty. He does not need to spend money for example: What will he buy, from whom and what currency to use; USD, Euro, Russian Rubles, Nigerian Naira? God does not eat for example. Even His Angels were not reported to have eaten while they were in human form. God is never tired, nor fatigued nor slumber. Infact He is always in full capacity that befits Him, only and no one else. I need to stop, because i could go on for ever. But you are now certain that Jesus does not have any of these qualities that i have listed above.

God does not have to be humble like you and me. He needs not to lower Himself to your level which is also my level, since we are both humans. God knowledge is limitless, while Jesus knowledge is limited. Afterall, he did not know the exact hour, when he was asked. He was only able to give signs. Muhammad did the same thing! Giving the signs of the hour, that is. Muhammad gave the small signs and then the big signs!

TayoD, you know that I am not a Christian. It does not matter to me if you continue to pass the fake Bible for Original Bible. You and me are Ijebu people. You are familiar with Owo Ijebu. Your current Bible is the Owo Ijebu of the True Bible Books revealed to the Prophets. Qur'an says that you have corruptions in the Bible and thats enough for me. I can see it with my casual observation of the 'many versions.' It is you who have to defend the Bible, not me. It is obvious that you do not know the first thing about how the Qur'an was compiled. But I need not to waste my time on this with you. The strength of Abu Bakr is a strong as the people who surrounded him. We see that Umar used to act as a reminder for him. We also see that he could not stop the former slave Bilal from moving to Syria, after the death of Muhammad (as), even though Abu Bakr had paid for the freedom of this Prayer caller. The only one that his statement could never be challenged among mankind, from Islamic viewpoint was Muhammad. And after the first compilation of the Qur'an, the remnants were still in the hands of those who had them. Abu Bakr did nothing about them and never collected them, let alone burnt them!

It is your religion and your Book that declared you to be unworthy and filth. Qur'an and Islam gave mankind honor. We are required to talk to Allah directly. While you set up a medium between you and God, just like the Aborishas of Yoruba land. We depend on the mercy of God directly, while you could not deal with God, but goes through a person who need to beg God. God required some minimal commitment from us, the Muslims and He quarantee thereby that He will forgive us and admit us in His paradise. But for you God needs to kill some innocent man, shed the blood of this innocent man, but yet, whoever believes in this gruesome event but continue to do evil deeds and dies on it, can he/she be guaranteed the heaven of Christianity? Afterall, Hitler and others from the ranks of Christianity believed and committed atrocities. What there case, they should be in Christian paradise, right? can you tell us that they will be in Christian paradise? If you can not, then the great death has been in 100% not worth it, it has been in vain!
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 04, 2008
olabowale:

No. Indeed all the post Gospel verses are conjectures of the people who remained alive on earth after Jesus was lifted up. In view of this, your Hebrew verse, is not worth the quality of the statement made. It is pure lie.

What of the "pre Gospel verses"? You know, those verses that are mere "conjectures of people alive on earth BEFORE Jesus was born.
In view of this, Deuteronomy 18 is not worth the quality of the attempt by hypocritical muslims to read mohammed into the bible. it is a pure lie.

olabowale:

As to the Qur'an talking about Jesus being sinless or not, I can not quote you a verse and this is why I asked you to provide the Qur'anic verse. Indeed, all Prophets are sinless, if you look at it, because, if any sin, from them, he is forgiven by Allah, as the prophet supplicates his Creator for forgiveness.

where in ur quran did it specify that all prophets are sinless? Is this your own personal conjecture or did allah indeed make such a claim?
If indeed "all prophets are sinless" AND the quran claims that Jesus Christ is a "prophet" . . . does that not validate TayoD's biblical assertion that Christ was without sin?

olabowale:

Infact, the reason they sin, if at all, is to to teach believers of the fact that God accepts the repentance of His creations.

This is why i will continue to maintain that the quran is one fraudulent manual of demons. It never has one stand, forever shifting in the sands of public oppinion.
First the prophets are without sin, next they sin to teach the believers?

olabowale:

God can do anything. However God restricts Himself from doing things that do not befit His Majesty.

Look again at the above deciet. God can do anything and within the same line God is RESTRICTED from doing anything?

olabowale:

It is your religion and your Book that declared you to be unworthy and filth. Qur'an and Islam gave mankind honor.

The bible declares that I am redeemed by the precious blood of the lamb and made a Heir with Christ.
The quran declares in Sura 19:71 that you are all bound for hell . . .

the difference is clear . . . so clear that it lays your lies bare for the world to see.

olabowale:

We are required to talk to Allah directly.

How? by repeating the same prayer 5 times a day forever even though you understand not a word of it?
by bowing down to the kaaba and running round it several times?
By stoning the devil?

Just how are muslims expected to talk to allah directly?

olabowale:

He quarantee thereby that He will forgive us and admit us in His paradise.

Like the hatman "guarantee" of sura 17:91?

olabowale:

But for you God needs to kill some innocent man, shed the blood of this innocent man, but yet, whoever believes in this gruesome event but continue to do evil deeds and dies on it, can he/she be guaranteed the heaven of Christianity?

The wages of sin is death. Your "question" here is baseless.

olabowale:

Afterall, Hitler and others from the ranks of Christianity believed and committed atrocities. What there case, they should be in Christian paradise, right? can you tell us that they will be in Christian paradise? If you can not, then the great death has been in 100% not worth it, it has been in vain!

1. Hitler and his colleagues never told you they were believers . . . it is the muslim lie to force them into the mould of christianity so as to have something to say.
2. The blood of Christ that was shed on the cross will certainly be in vain with regard to some people (even you at this rate . . . By His grace the blood avails for me).

He that confesseth his sin AND forsaketh them shall find mercy. . . the bible is more than clear. Alhaji, you are beyond confused.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 2:16am On Jan 04, 2008
@Davidylan: I love you but please shut up. You must make meaningful contribution for me to answer you this time. I can love you and yet i can ignore you.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 04, 2008
thank you for admitting your dishonesty, shame of face, confusion and illiteracy . . . alhaji! grin
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by focused(m): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2008
@Poster :

The bible or Holy Scriptures are God’s revelation of Himself to Man. All 66 books of the Bible, although written by different men, only had one Author, God the Holy Spirit. God told Jeremiah, “I watch over my word to perform it.” (Jer. 1:12) This indicates the importance of the accuracy of the Bible to the LORD because He has to do what He said He would do; therefore, it was incumbent upon Him to be certain that the Scriptures were both set down and translated accurately. Therefore, we believe in the inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures.

In addition, I believe that the Word of God as set forth in the Bible is sufficient to meet all the needs – spirit, soul and body – of every person alive today upon the earth.

The Bible contains promises of God set forth in a covenant or legal agreement between God and man which will meet every need you will ever have in this life.

The Spirit of God inspired men to write the books of the Bible as evidenced by the following Scriptures:

“The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.”

(2 Samuel 23:2)

“And the LORD spake by his servants the prophets, saying …” (2 Kings 21:10)

“But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:20-21).

“All Scripture is inspired by God …” (2 Timothy 3:16)

“And for this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received from us the word of God’s message, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

The Lord Jesus left His word for us to meet our needs. Every need you have or will ever have – healing, finances, relationships, etc. – can be met through the word of God by a person believing by faith and trusting that the Lord will do what He said in His word He would do.

“For with God nothing is impossible.” (Matthew 19:26; Luke 1:37)

The Word of God will meet your every need if you will read it, believe it and act upon it (the Bible says that faith without corresponding action is dead, James 2), and that we are to be doers of the word. “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” (James 1:22)
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2008
@focused

The Bible contains promises of God set forth in a covenant or legal agreement between God and man which will meet every need you will ever have in this life.

Yes it does but that doesnt mean that all the words are inspired abi na God breathed grin

The Spirit of God inspired men to write the books of the Bible as evidenced by the following Scriptures:

“The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.”

(2 Samuel 23:2)

“And the LORD spake by his servants the prophets, saying …” (2 Kings 21:10)

“But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:20-21).

Buroda, stop decieving yourself. Holy spirit was nowhere to be found when the bible was compiled hence the contradictions here and there and if you think I am not correct, let me know so that I serve you contradctions from your bible showing that God didnt inspire them to write anything.

“All Scripture is inspired by God …” (2 Timothy 3:16)

Buroda, abeg, stop using this verse because I still have more verses going against 2 Timothy 3 v 16.

“For with God nothing is impossible.” (Matthew 19:26; Luke 1:37)

Please, we all know that God gave Jesus the revelation during his time and not the so called bible written after him and also he gave him gospel and not account of 4 writers. Can you beat your chest to it that those four gospellers really witnessed all that happened during jesus' ministry and are truly the real authors of those books?

Thanks
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by dafidixone(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2008
@ babs & Adebowale

You will now see the reason I ask you to go and get the understanding of the "Inspiration" try to understand english words beyound their literary meaning. If you are able to tell me in your own understanding then you will bw able to know that the bible is 100% inspired by God.

For example you need to know in which way can inspiration come. An assignement for you do not think youknow make your research before you answer thanks grin
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by babs787(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2008
@dafidixone

You will now see the reason I ask you to go and get the understanding of the "Inspiration" try to understand english words beyound their literary meaning.  If you are able to tell me in your own understanding then you will bw able to know that the bible is 100% inspired by God.

For example you need to know in which way can inspiration come. An assignement for you do not think youknow make your research before you answer thanks

Dont fret se o ti gbo grin?When I am less busy, I will give you verses on Inspiration from your bible and on 2nd timothy 3 v 16 showing that God did not inspire everything in the bible.

Lest I forget, let us take it from here, did God inspire the four gospellers (matthew, mark, Luke and John) to write the four books?

In addition, I asked one of you if really the bible is 100% word of God and he said yes, please we all know that God's word must not contain word of man, letters etc but His sayings alone. So is the Bible 100% word of God?

cool cool
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by mazaje(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2008
Na wah ohh no be small thing.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by olabowale(m): 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Dafidixone: How can you inject God into a thing that has so much conflicting dynamics, on a singular subject? Yet, the conflicting trend is almost the expected viewpoints in your Book. It is not a matter of one or two /subjects/occasions/places. Even one place is one too many. Just because you call it God inspired does not mean it is God inspired. You make the statement to justify your believing in it. It is the same way that you tag God to be operation on three persons; the father, the son and the ghost! Your idea and it is not true, just because you said it.

Finally my name is Olabowale, and not Adebowale. However if that what hit your fancy, continue with it. We all know that it ain't ya fault. You can not help it, but to change Ola to Ade. Just the same way you changed God Almighty to father almighty, son/Jesus almighty and ghost almighty!
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

In addition, I asked one of you if really the bible is 100% word of God and he said yes, please we all know that God's word must not contain word of man, letters etc but His sayings alone. So is the Bible 100% word of God?

I simply waited for you to place your cards on the table by divulging what criteria you wish to adjudge the Bible as whether "inspired" or not. Since your worry is about the Word of God containing His sayings ALONE and not contain the word of man, we shall follow your arguments closely on that same criteria. No deviating will be allowed, please don't go scooting off from that same criteria when the Qur'an is being examined on that basis.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2008
I usually take my time not to rush responding to illiterate threads where the instigators assume a scholarship they obviously do not possess. It has become characteristic of Muslim propagandists to frantically demonstrate their low IQ and confusion of face with their vacillating inconsistencies whenever they post on the Forum.

All the Muslim confusion here is predicated on just one premise: Muhammad is NOT in the Bible - and the Muslim attempt to smuggle him into the Biblical scriptures has been thoroughly bleached and walloped! That is why the reader should not be surprised that the same Muslims who have tried to force Muhammad into the Bible are the very same ones who are now turning around to attack it.

WHY?

Because they know deep in their hearts that if Muhammad is NOT in the Bible, then the Qur'an is a huge FRAUD! Certainly, since we have established that FACT, the Qur'an is indeed a FRAUD cleverly woven together by the same Quraish 'prophet' who rooked the dessert Arabs when he accused them of being "the worst in unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance" (Qur'an 9 v 97).

Muslims who have become increasing embarrassed by the exposé of not being able to find Muhammad in the Bible have betaken themselves to an adventure of shamelessly attacking the same Bible they once frantically quoted for Muhammad's career. Worse than this, it would only mean that whoever [i]Allah[/i]s so-called "revelations" were a fallacy! For if there was any substance to the so-called Muhammad in the Bible episode, then Muslims would have easily found the verse(s) for that claim and saved themselves these huge embarrassments.

However, truth be told, there's no denying the FACT that not a single verse in the Bible prophesied Muhammad as a prophet! And the dread of that revelation alone is the reason why Muslims have turned round to attack the Bible that they onced quoted. . . thereby hugely controverting and contradicting themselves, aside from their new adventures of LYING for 'Allah'.

In my subsequent rejoinders, we shall examine a few of these controverted lies for 'Allah' that are being endlessly recycled.
Re: Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

As to the Qur'an talking about Jesus being sinless or not, I can not quote you a verse and this is why I asked you to provide the Qur'anic verse. Indeed, all Prophets are sinless, if you look at it, because, if any sin, from them, he is forgiven by Allah, as the prophet supplicates his Creator for forgiveness. Infact, the reason they sin, if at all, is to to teach believers of the fact that God accepts the repentance of His creations. Jesus was not an exception and you need to bring out your verse or verses from the Qur'an, since you could not proof it from the Bible. By the way what sin did John the son of Zachariah commit? What sin did his father Zachariah commit? In Islam Jesus and John were in the same heaven, the second even as seen by Muhammad in his night journey to heavens.

I suspect the reason why olabowale would intone that he could not quote a verse in the Qur'an for Jesus being sinless is because he pretends to know his Qur'an, and failing to demonstrate what little he might know, he hopes that no one would check out his bloviates. grin

Dear olabowale was trying to quickly doodle us here by his mixed-up ideas. Here are the points he tried to establish:

~ he could not tell from the Qur'an that Jesus was sinless

~ he therefore asks Tayo-D to do his homework for him grin

~ he says that the prophets sin ('they sin') - Jesus was not an exception

~ he is persuaded that there is no Biblical proof for Jesus' sinlessness

The conclusion from olabowale's submission is that he is neither here nor there - trying to say to opposite things at the same time: that Jesus was not an exception among those who sinned; while on the other hand, he could not tell if Jesus actually sinned!

There are just two questions highlighted in olabowale's quote above:

#1. Does The Qur'an Teach that Jesus Was SINLESS or not?

#2. Does The Qur'an Teach that All Prophets Are SINLESS?

Please, dear olabowale, with the dramatic dribbling, could you offer simple answers to these two questions so we can then know exactly what games you're espousing here? grin

olabowale:

Just because you call it God inspired does not mean it is God inspired. You make the statement to justify your believing in it.

That is exactly what Muslims should understand about the Qur'an! grin Just because Muhammad claimed to have been inspired, it does not mean that he was actually inspired by God - and his denials of Biblical revelations precisely demonstrate the FACT that he was a false prophet. It does not matter whatever misgivings you may have against the Bible - that very Book demonstrates with simple tests that Muhammad was indeed a false prophet. QED.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) / What Do You Think? / Evolution Proves Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.