Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? (13794 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets / In What Capacity Is Adeboye Expected To Intervene Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by manosteel(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
It is known fact that pastor W.F. Kumuyi had started preaching the gospel even before Pastor Adeboye became born again, even in age, Adeboye is the younger. But in Nigeria, many denominations and General Overseers see Pastor Enoch Adeboye as their spiritual father, these include people like Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners, Bishop Mike Okonkwo of TREM, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Pastor Matthew Ashimlowo of KICC, Pastor Oritsajafor to mention few. This is the role that was played by the Late Bishop Idahosa. So my question is why Adeboye, and why not Kumuyi? If Adeboye leave the scene today, do we have anyone who can step into this shoe?
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by ijawkid(m): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Na wa o.....na competition??.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
becos God made it so. becos papa has the largest congregation in Nigeria. the only man that diplomats stand still for, learning of his arrival

1 Like

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
toba: becos God made it so. becos papa has the largest congregation in Nigeria. the only man that diplomats stand still for, learning of his arrival
manosteel: It is known fact that pastor W.F. Kumuyi had started preaching the gospel even before Pastor Adeboye became born again, even in age, Adeboye is the younger. But in Nigeria, many denominations and General Overseers see Pastor Enoch Adeboye as their spiritual father, these include people like Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners, Bishop Mike Okonkwo of TREM, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Pastor Matthew Ashimlowo of KICC, Pastor Oritsajafor to mention few. This is the role that was played by the Late Bishop Idahosa. So my question is why Adeboye, and why not Kumuyi? If Adeboye leave the scene today, do we have anyone who can step into this shoe?

A carnal thread with carnal response from carnal Christians. Herein is your answer:

"for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren't you living like people of the world? When one of you says, "I am a follower of Paul," and another says, "I follow Apollos," aren't you acting just like people of the world? After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God's servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God's workers. And you are God's field. You are God's building".

1 Cor. 3:3-9 NLT

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Rex123(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
This should be an interesting discussion!
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by paxonel(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2018
manosteel:
It is known fact that pastor W.F. Kumuyi had started preaching the gospel even before Pastor Adeboye became born again, even in age, Adeboye is the younger. But in Nigeria, many denominations and General Overseers see Pastor Enoch Adeboye as their spiritual father, these include people like Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners, Bishop Mike Okonkwo of TREM, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Pastor Matthew Ashimlowo of KICC, Pastor Oritsajafor to mention few. This is the role that was played by the Late Bishop Idahosa. So my question is why Adeboye, and why not Kumuyi? If Adeboye leave the scene today, do we have anyone who can step into this shoe?
because kumuyi started by abolishing television watching, introducing long skirts and no make up and hair making for the ladies, not dancing in church and many other rules which actually made church services very boring.
Adeboye saw these flaws of kumuyi and decided to go the way of idahosa a little bit that's why he is having more spiritual sons and daughters grin

But don't worry, kumuyi is having more spiritual sons and daughters than celestial and aladura because he has decided that his members should not walk bare footed on the road.
Part of the church evolution thing grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by ziinee: 8:29am On Jun 21, 2020
By not being so particular about physical dressing and welcoming invitation from churches whose doctrinal view of the Bible seems a bit different, he has postioned himself as an avalable father for many children. I want you to note that Kumuyi never sees being a national spiritual father as anything of importance. So no competition between them. Each one is satisfied in his own calling. So even if you force it on him he wouldn't manage the office well. It's not for Him.
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by sacajawea: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2020
People like this OP are Usually very annoying people in Real Life!
I feel like punching your FVcking Face right now
Stupid Topic!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Jun 23, 2020
sacajawea:
People like this OP are Usually very annoying people in Real Life!
I feel like punching your FVcking Face right now
Stupid Topic!
Wow... how very Jesus-like of you. undecided
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Jun 23, 2020
ziinee:
By not being so particular about physical dressing and welcoming invitation from churches whose doctrinal view of the Bible seems a bit different, he has postioned himself as an avalable father for many children. I want you to note that Kumuyi never sees being a national spiritual father as anything of importance. So no competition between them. Each one is satisfied in his own calling. So even if you force it on him he wouldn't manage the office well. It's not for Him.
But what did Jesus say about calling people Father on earth?
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by sacajawea: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Wow... how very Jesus-like of you. undecided
Stop quoting people on Nairaland, and get Psychiatric Help ASAP.
I am not a Christian too
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by ABIODUN105(m): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Goshen360:

A carnal thread with carnal response from carnal Christians. Herein is your answer:

"for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren't you living like people of the world? When one of you says, "I am a follower of Paul," and another says, "I follow Apollos," aren't you acting just like people of the world? After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God's servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God's workers. And you are God's field. You are God's building".

1 Cor. 3:3-9 NLT
Love your response.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Missyajoke(f): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Stop the comparism. cry cry cry cry cry
Don't know the type of Christians we have nowadays.
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
sacajawea:

Stop quoting people on Nairaland, and get Psychiatric Help ASAP.
I am not a Christian too
are you certain I'm the one in need of psychiatric help here? undecided
Re: Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
I believe openness to others is the key. I feel Kumuyi and the deeper life church in general was too rigid in associating with others from other denominations this made it impossible for young ministers to relate with. Seondly, not everyone has the grace/gifting to mentor others because fatherhood is not just by name as it takes time and effort

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / The Haunted House / Pastor Sign Fireman: Why Actor Enebeli Enebuwa Is Sick Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.