Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (15275 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 6:11am On Aug 22, 2012
There is no doubts that before the advents of the following churches, Apostolic Faith Church with its Headquarter in Anthony village ikorodu road has since been in existence. The church as its been said usually by vanguard newspaper during the church choir concert has the largest orchestra in Africa. The church was very popular around 80s and 90s. However recent church events has relegated the church to the background, i wonder if the church choose to be quiet or its members are quiet. While churches like the one mentioned below are gyrating and take the cloud whenever you talk about churches?
Redeem Christian Church of God(Adeboye),
Deeper Life(Kumuyi),
Mountain of fire(Adekoya),
Love life Ministry(Oyakilome)
Convenant(Oyedepo)

Can anybody say why this is happening?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2012
@op

What is your definition of being quiet.Is it because their G0. Does not ride a private jet or a matter of not worshipping their own daddy? Explain what you mean by quiet.

The apostolic church is even larger than all the churches you mentioned below.I served in akwa ibom state and I tell you it is the largest and most ubiquitous church in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 6:32am On Aug 22, 2012
chukwudi44: @op

What is your definition of being quiet.Is it because their G0. Does not ride a private jet or a matter of not worshipping their own daddy? Explain what you mean by quiet.

The apostolic church is even larger than all the churches you mentioned below.I served in akwa ibom state and I tell you it is the largest and most ubiquitous church in the state.

@ chukwudi44

What i mean by quiet is that unlike many of these churches you see on media, with their pastors everywhere on the page of newspaper, on TV, Radio and most media houses, Apostolic Faith has been hardly talk about. Its like the church is sitting at the last seat of popularity and prosperity churches.
So that could be considered as being quiet.. especially when you see Holy Gost program every first friday of the month taken the ibadan express way up on traffic and Christ embassy holding most of the services on TV and Oyedepo with is Siloh programs.. It could be easily said we dont hear anything in Lagos where many of these churches take precedence
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 22, 2012
I can tell you that even without the media hype.The apostolic church still has more visibility than the likes of winners and christ embassy
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
chukwudi44: I can tell you that even without the media hype.The apostolic church still has more visibility than the likes of winners and christ embassy

@ chuk

Please be reminded that i am talking about Apostolic Faith Church not Apostolic Church or The Apostolic Church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Delafruita(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
obalola7:

@ chuk

Please be reminded that i am talking about Apostolic Faith Church not Apostolic Church or The Apostolic Church.
probably because people dont see any difference between apostolic faith church,apostolic church and "the apostolic church"
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Kirinwa: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2012
PENTECOSTAL NOT PENTEGOSTAL
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
Kirinwa: PENTECOSTAL NOT PENTEcOSTAL

that should not be ur problem since you understand whats being said. coming here to act like one efiko or what?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by salt1: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2012
You are somewhat right.
In the business of church marketing, AFC, not Apostolic Church, isn't at the forefront.
This isn't meant as a denigration because I worship there.
We do advertise our programs but we don't give prominence to any leader. The handbills, radio messages, psoters carry the picture of Jesus only.
We hold annual campmeetings in August which happens at Faith City, Igbesa.
We have set up Crawford University whose motto is Education with Godliness. There are also nursery, primary and secondary schools whose core purpose is evangelism.
We visit the prisons, hospitals and schools to share the word and offer succour.
We send missionaries to other African countries.
We print tracts and other gospel literature and distribute them.
The branch network is growing; not as rapidly as some pentecostal groups because there is rigour in appointing pastors and ministers to ensure that post holders are people of integrity.
We will be glad to have lots of members though we don't want to raise large numbers of people going to church and heading to hell. If there are few, we would want 100% rapture for that few. And if many, we still want 100% rapture for anybody who has worshipped there. We want heaven-bound christians more than just parading large numbers of church goers.
Pray for us as we continue to be a beacon of righteousness and true godliness.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
salt 1: You are somewhat right.
In the business of church marketing, AFC, not Apostolic Church, isn't at the forefront.
This isn't meant as a denigration because I worship there.
We do advertise our programs but we don't give prominence to any leader. The handbills, radio messages, psoters carry the picture of Jesus only.
We hold annual campmeetings in August which happens at Faith City, Igbesa.
We have set up Crawford University whose motto is Education with Godliness. There are also nursery, primary and secondary schools whose core purpose is evangelism.
We visit the prisons, hospitals and schools to share the word and offer succour.
We send missionaries to other African countries.
We print tracts and other gospel literature and distribute them.
The branch network is growing; not as rapidly as some pentecostal groups because there is rigour in appointing pastors and ministers to ensure that post holders are people of integrity.
We will be glad to have lots of members though we don't want to raise large numbers of people going to church and heading to hell. If there are few, we would want 100% rapture for that few. And if many, we still want 100% rapture for anybody who has worshipped there. We want heaven-bound christians more than just parading large numbers of church goers.
Pray for us as we continue to be a beacon of righteousness and true godliness.

Interesting. So when do you think your General Superintendent will acquire a jet like Ayo Oritsejefor
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by salt1: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
obalola7:

Interesting. So when do you think your General Superintendent will acquire a jet like Ayo Oritsejefor

Not in his agenda, I tell you. He wants to make heaven, pulling many people with him! The vision is to be relevant in another kingdom, the everlasting kingdom.
The new one, 2 years-old on the post, told us God asked him to take the church to a higher level of holiness before the rapture takes place

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by folajoy09(f): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
The Apostolic Faith Church is also not popular like those churches you mentioned because all they are after is heaven and being holy. They preach salvation, sanctification and Baptism of the Holy Ghost. They are not interested in population by preaching what people will like. Sorry to say, in these days people are more interested in motivational preaching, prosperity preaching and some fire prayer which are all earthly rahter than heavenly or holiness living.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Boomark(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
obalola7:

@ chuk

what is their difference?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
salt 1:

Not in his agenda, I tell you. He wants to make heaven, pulling many people with him! The vision is to be relevant in another kingdom, the everlasting kingdom.
The new one, 2 years-old on the post, told us God asked him to take the church to a higher level of holiness before the rapture takes place

Every organization should pride themselves with some sense of publicity. While i strongly agree with you with his modest way of supervising the church, i think that an helicopter will aid him to be in all other parts of the country where apostolic faith is and will also allow him to be at Igbesa where the faith city is in less than 20 min, putting behind agege motor road and abeokuta way traffic behind.

folajoy09: The Apostolic Faith Church is also not popular like those churches you mentioned because all they are after is heaven and being holy. They preach salvation, sanctification and Baptism of the Holy Ghost. They are not interested in population by preaching what people will like. Sorry to say, in these days people are more interested in motivational preaching, prosperity preaching and some fire prayer which are all earthly rahter than heavenly or holiness living.

Publicity does not affect heaven and being holy. As a matter of fact Jesus did some publicity that help him gain ground in his days. Also if you dont publicize your good doctrine, then the devil will publicize and take part of the people that you should have attracted to yourself to hell.

Boomark:

what is their difference?

The Apostolic Church is different from The Apostolic Faith Church

The different is the FAITH and their head church is in Oregon in U.S
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
Do not put your faith in a church, put your faith in JESUS.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Boomark(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
The Apostolic Church is different
from The Apostolic Faith Church
The different is the FAITH and
their head church is in Oregon in
U.S

I know their names differ. But how about their activities and belief, are they the same?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 4:20am On Nov 17, 2012
Boomark:

I know their names differ. But how about their activities and belief, are they the same?

No doubt their doctrines are different, however, they are all part of pentecostal.
Christ Apostolic Church(CAC) is different from The Apostolic Church (TAC)and The Apostolic Faith Church (AFC)is different from both.
Their principles, doctrine are different, but there could be similarities in their ways of worship. They all sing from Hymn. While CAC has Prophet, Apostolic faith has General & Africa Superintendent, Reverends and Pastors
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 4:22am On Nov 17, 2012
frosbel: Do not put your faith in a church, put your faith in JESUS.

'
No one is putting faith in church, however, for those who dont know Jesus and would need a better place to learn about Jesus, isn't church the best place to go?
And if they must go to church, don't they have the right to know the right church to learn about Jesus?
And i can say with no doubt that Apostolic Faith Church is one of the best place to learn about Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by salt1: 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=obalola7]

Every organization should pride themselves with some sense of publicity. While i strongly agree with you with his modest way of supervising the church, i think that an helicopter will aid him to be in all other parts of the country where apostolic faith is and will also allow him to be at Igbesa where the faith city is in less than 20 min, putting behind agege motor road and abeokuta way traffic behind.

Publicity does not affect heaven and being holy. As a matter of fact Jesus did some publicity that help him gain ground in his days. Also if you dont publicize your good doctrine, then the devil will publicize and take part of the people that you should have attracted to yourself to hell.

You are right, but the needs of the congregation are so enormous that I don't think a private jet can be contemplated.
More importantly too, is that the church works through team leadership. The implication is that worship, evangelism and other activities don't need the leader's presence to function. There are dedicated ministers in every branch, zone, district, region and country. So his movement from place to place isn't the key to revival because he can't be in all the 22 countries at the same time. Ministers/missionaries are sent to those countries almost on round-the-year basis
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 5:54am On Nov 18, 2012
salt 1: [/quote]

You are right, but the needs of the congregation are so enormous that I don't think a private jet can be contemplated.
More importantly too, is that the church works through team leadership. The implication is that worship, evangelism and other activities don't need the leader's presence to function. There are dedicated ministers in every branch, zone, district, region and country. So his movement from place to place isn't

It appears you know much about the church. Are you one of the pastors or minister?
Also does your ministers goes to preach at other churches, Like Redeem or Mountain of Fire?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by salt1: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2012
Yes i do know a lot about the church. I am not a pastor there but I join in little acts of service, like visiting schools and blind centres

No we don't send ministers to preach in Redeemed or Mountain. They have their own ministers and pastors

1 Like

Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
salt 1: Yes i do know a lot about the church. I am not a pastor there but I join in little acts of service, like visiting schools and blind centres

No we don't send ministers to preach in Redeemed or Mountain. They have their own ministers and pastors

Ok thats nice... what if you are invited to go preach at Redeem or MFM. Wouldn't you go?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by itslordmoh: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
obalola7:

Ok thats nice... what if you are invited to go preach at Redeem or MFM. Wouldn't you go?

I know that the Church isn't very involved in joint christian or pentecostal programmes and don't allow preachers from other churches to feature in their programs.
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by obalola7: 2:11am On Dec 09, 2012
itslordmoh:

I know that the Church isn't very involved in joint christian or pentecostal programmes and don't allow preachers from other churches to feature in their programs.
I guess thats one of the best way to sanitize the pulpit and make sure that the messaged preached are consistent and not adulterated=. cudos
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by ChiEluse: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
If your product is good you should be able to advertise it, more so that it has to do with the salvation of souls. If you know that you have better things to offer than other churches you have mentioned then why not flood the media with advertisements. You have that instruction right inside the Bible you claim to be holding.
I want to paste my comments on the other thread about this church here as some of the true reasons why you are quiet may be found there.
"
I dont know if this thread is meant to advertise the Apostolic Faith Church or not and as much as I am not out to criticize those that have painted a picture of perfection of the church, I saw some untruth and hypocrisy in the statements they gave.
I know this church very well, and the fact is that they preach against going to the hospital or taking medication and up till now the doctrine is still being upheld, though we now have more and more of their members contravening that doctrine. Up till now their pregnant women are not expected to visit the hospital and they are made to deliver their babies at home or in the church. As a result many have lost their lives.
It is regarded as sin for you to have TV at home, and before you are made an officer in the church it will be investigated if you have TV at home. If you do you can remain an ordinary member of the congregation for life.
You cannot marry from outside the church, you are virtually excommunicated.
The fact that some members of the church deny all these goes a long way to tell how secretive the church is. And am sure that doesnt portray holiness at all.
I know about the case someone mentioned earlier of their pastor at akoko who impregnated a girl. There are cases of immorality like this in the church even up till now. A current wave also indicate two of their senior pastors (one in lagos and one in osun)scattering the marriage of their daughters.
I think God wants us to preach the Gospel, to preach Christ, and not the church and the doctrines of men.
The church is not perfect and in fact nowadays among the senior managers of the church are servants of the devil falsely calling themselves servants of God. They have an outward appearance of humility but in them are filthiness of dead men bones.
We all need to turn back to God as the end time is very near, And mind you the Bible says judgement will start from the house of God.
"
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Boomark(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hmm...alexleo where art thou?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Chi Eluse: I
I know this church very well, and the fact is that they preach against going to the hospital or taking medication and up till now the doctrine is still being upheld, though we now have more and more of their members contravening that doctrine. Up till now their pregnant women are not expected to visit the hospital and they are made to deliver their babies at home or in the church. As a result many have lost their lives.
It is regarded as sin for you to have TV at home, and before you are made an officer in the church it will be investigated if you have TV at home. If you do you can remain an ordinary member of the congregation for life.
The fact that some members of the church deny all these goes a long way to tell how secretive the church is. And am sure that doesnt portray holiness at all.

^^^^^

Painful but true.

I was once a member and almost died because I refused medication.
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Boomark(m): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

^^^^^

Painful but true.

I was once a member and almost died because I refused medication.

Thank God you lived.
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2013
No response from Alexleo or salt1?
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by itslordmoh: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Chi Eluse: If your product is good you should be able to advertise it, more so that it has to do with the salvation of souls. If you know that you have better things to offer than other churches you have mentioned then why not flood the media with advertisements. You have that instruction right inside the Bible you claim to be holding.
I want to paste my comments on the other thread about this church here as some of the true reasons why you are quiet may be found there.
"
I dont know if this thread is meant to advertise the Apostolic Faith Church or not and as much as I am not out to criticize those that have painted a picture of perfection of the church, I saw some untruth and hypocrisy in the statements they gave.
The fact that some members of the church deny all these goes a long way to tell how secretive the church is. And am sure that doesnt portray
holiness at all.
I know about the case someone mentioned earlier of their pastor at akoko who impregnated a girl. There are cases of immorality like this in the church even up till now. A current wave also indicate two of their senior pastors (one in lagos and one in osun)scattering the marriage of their daughters.
I think God wants us to preach the Gospel, to preach Christ, and not the church and the doctrines of men.
The church is not perfect and in fact nowadays among the senior managers of the church are servants of the devil falsely calling themselves servants of God. They have an outward appearance of humility but in them are filthiness of dead men bones.
We all need to turn back to God as the end time is very near, And mind you the Bible says judgement will start from the house of God.
"

I believe alexleo and salt1 addressed those issues in the other thread. What are actually trying to achieve by re-posting this here?
You brought up personal issues like taking medication. You can go to the headquarters of the church in West & Central Africa at Anthony Village or the International headquarters in Portland Oregon. The doctrine is the same: God heals (if you want to take medication or not, that is a personal decision) also Without Holiness, you can't go to Heaven (if a pastor has committed immoral acts, its between him and God. If its confirmed, then he can't be a Pastor in the church). As for advertising, there are a few radio and tv programs. There is definitely development in the way evangelism is carried out but the message of holiness should not be corrupted just because there is a need for more members.I don't know how you could possibly come about the information that the heads of the church are servants of the devil. Did God reveal that to you? Please I would advise you not to make statements you are not sure of. God bless you
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by psgoflee(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
In every church you find different category of people, the one going to heaven and others. Apostolic faith church that i know & attends stands on the words of God. please be sure of what you say about the church. e.g tell me a church that doesn't believe in divine healing, even people dies in hospital too. if I trust God for my healing till the point of the death that is my believed & what i preached and if your measure of faith is not up to my don't condemn me {Abraham, Noah etc} trust God to the point of death. We are peculiar people in the hand of God and we do our things in the ways God directs. if God says don't marry people of the world but marry someone of the same faith with you I better obey God than follow what people are doing. Above all get personal relationship with God if you what to make heaven. This is what my church says and preach daily try and visit one of our branch to confirm this God bless
Re: Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? by blackboy2star(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering? / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.